• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    We don't know. Certainly they will ask for an injunction. If the referendum goes through, the lawsuit will come to a halt and will not proceed until 2014, if/when the referendum is lost.

Will there be commercials in favor of the petition?

I doubt it because as many have already pointed out this petition is an ad-hoc effort (apparently). The other side, on the other hand, is apparently well organized, and saw this coming. They (petition group) may have been set up, because this commercial is very smooth, like they KNEW this was coming. :innocent0

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I agree 100%. The petition is nothing more than a poison pilll for us, planted by an outsider, swallowed by many and now we as a group are gagging on it...

We are being played like a Stradivarius.
    Unfortunately the average voter doesn’t have the brains God gave a plant. By the time the MOM bunch gets the 100% assistance from the local media as they spend the BIG money on advertisements, most People in Maryland will want to vote for 281 before it is over.

And when they win and 281 is the law of the land, from that point on every court case MD will bring into evidence the 281 is what the good people of MD want as the law of the land.

You think fighting for 2A rights is an uphill climb now in MD? Just wait and see how much more difficult it will be if MOM and 281 wins in referendum.

MOM doesn't know what is more unbelievable, The fact that he has been able to get away with what he has to day, Or the fact that we are so stupid that we would let a Constitutional issues be voted on by a state that is as BLUE as MD? MOM can't sleep at night because he can't stop laughing at us long enough to fall asleep.

Next we should put the entire constitution on a ballet for a vote to see if the MD government has to follow any of it any longer. :sad20:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Unfortunately the average voter doesn’t have the brains God gave a plant. By the time the MOM bunch gets the 100% assistance from the local media as they spend the BIG money on advertisements, most People in Maryland will want to vote for 281 before it is over.

And when they win and 281 is the law of the land, from that point on every court case MD will bring into evidence the 281 is what the good people of MD want as the law of the land.

You think fighting for 2A rights is an uphill climb now in MD? Just wait and see how much more difficult it will be if MOM and 281 wins in referendum.

MOM doesn't know what is more unbelievable, The fact that he has been able to get away with what he has to day, Or the fact that we are so stupid that we would let a Constitutional issues be voted on by a state that is as BLUE as MD? MOM can't sleep at night because he can't stop laughing at us long enough to fall asleep.

Next we should put the entire constitution on a ballet for a vote to see if the MD government has to follow any of it any longer. :sad20:
    I agree with much of what you say, but I'm not sure how much weight the courts would put on a lost referendum.

California won on proposition 8, declaring marriage to be only between a man and a woman. Despite winning the referendum, the courts struck it down, though it's still in appeal.

Of course MD is notoriously anti 2A so a lost referundum may very well hold a lot of water the MD courts.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Any litigation would be in the federal courts now that our 2A rights apply to states (McDonald v. Chicago).

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I agree with much of what you say, but I'm not sure how much weight the courts would put on a lost referendum.

California won on proposition 8, declaring marriage to be only between a man and a woman. Despite winning the referendum, the courts struck it down, though it's still in appeal.

Of course MD is notoriously anti 2A so a lost referendum may very well hold a lot of water the MD courts.

I understand, but look at our loss in the 4th. The AG convinced the three judges at the 4th to bend us over on some hearsay info that could not be confirmed from one ranking LEO. Can you imagine how useful from the AG and was very willing to treat it as fact. And that was very weak. With 281 winning in referendum, the AG will have that very much on his side and will be a very useful tool as they influence any judges of any future cases that this law and these type of laws is what the people of MD want.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I doubt it because as many have already pointed out this petition is an ad-hoc effort (apparently). The other side, on the other hand, is apparently well organized, and saw this coming. They (petition group) may have been set up, because this commercial is very smooth, like they KNEW this was coming. :innocent0

They want this to happen. When we lose, they will be able to unequivocally say that "this is what the people of Maryland want".

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

Of course MD is notoriously anti 2A so a lost referundum may very well hold a lot of water the MD courts.

The people who bring this kind of litigation think it will hurt.

I no longer care to argue .
    Gay marriage has nothing to do with this.

For starters it a liberal issue.. And if you can't understand why that matters maybe you should just defer to the leadership..

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    The people who bring this kind of litigation think it will hurt.

I no longer care to argue .
    Gay marriage has nothing to do with this.

For starters it a liberal issue.. And if you can't understand why that matters maybe you should just defer to the leadership..
    I'm not for the petition.

I wasn't arguing at all.

I was only pointing out that the thinking is that a lost referendum hurts us, but in Cali (another freakshow state), a referendum was won and the courts didn't care.

Courts will do what they want.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I'm not for the petition.

I wasn't arguing at all.

I was only pointing out that the thinking is that a lost referendum hurts us, but in Cali (another freakshow state), a referendum was won and the courts didn't care.

Courts will do what they want.

There is good reason for thinking a referendum will hurt the case.

Its been discussed before so no point dragging it up again.

Those who say the referendum will not hurt are not able to refute the points that say it might. They just say that we who think it will hurt can not prove that it will. Sure that's true.

Delay means scalia might be gone.
    Failed referendum may give Roberts a reason to vote no on cert.

These are real concerns no?

So while I see that you don't support referendum it not in my view neutral. And just because I can't prove it does not mean it is false.

Anyway it really is out of our hands. That's some tail we got...

Last edited:

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    The only place I have heard about the lawsuit is here. Do they have a website, commercials, what. Who is running it MSI.

I only heard about the petition a few weeks ago and have been to their small and simple website. Does the lawsuit folks have that. If they do where is it.

Before we knock those who are in their way trying stop this restriction on our rights maybe the lawsuit folks should present their case better.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    The NRA is handling the lawsuite which I dont believe has been filed yet, I dont specfics to the case would be made public

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The only place I have heard about the lawsuit is here. Do they have a website, commercials, what. Who is running it MSI.

I only heard about the petition a few weeks ago and have been to their small and simple website. Does the lawsuit folks have that. If they do where is it.

Before we knock those who are in their way trying stop this restriction on our rights maybe the lawsuit folks should present their case better.

You don't need commercials for a lawsuit. ;)

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Understand we don't need commerials but that might inform the masses that something is being down. The fudds are probably only hearing about the petition.

If a lawsuit gets filled does it put a stay on Oct. 1st like ccw in maryland did.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Understand we don't need commerials but that might inform the masses that something is being down. The fudds are probably only hearing about the petition.

If a lawsuit gets filled does it put a stay on Oct. 1st like ccw in maryland did.

That would be good, but the stay only gets enacted when the gooberment wants something. Lol

I dont know the answer to that question. All i know is october 1st im buying a gun and taking home that day just for spite to md

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I'm sure that once the lawsuit is filed, an injunction will be asked for. Whether or not it is granted is another story.

As for advertising to inform the masses.....it is money we don't need to spend. MSI doesn't have a huge budget, spending thousands on this takes away from something else, something likely to be more useful like community outreach, training etc.

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    I'm sure that once the lawsuit is filed, an injunction will be asked for. Whether or not it is granted is another story.

As for advertising to inform the masses.....it is money we don't need to spend. MSI doesn't have a huge budget, spending thousands on this takes away from something else, something likely to be more useful like community outreach, training etc.

Already has been go to MSI's website http://marylandshallissue.org/2013/05/maryland-shall-issue-files-suit-against-maryland-state-police/ read the links the injunction has been asked for already!!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    ahh ok my fault lol jumping from one thread to another I lost track lol I went from the Lawsuit on MSP to here and since I am at work I got busy a second and lost track lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom