• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...20130426_1_gun-law-petition-effort-referendum

"If you hate Maryland's new gun law and wish you could vote against it, Sue Payne is looking for you.

The Montgomery County woman this week filed paperwork with the Board of Elections to petition the controversial new gun-control bill to referendum. She said she bought a web domain, lined up a web designer to create a digital system for distributing petitions and is now looking for someone to take over the operation, which she calls Free State Petitions."

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    NRA President David Keene said earlier this week that a pending referendum vote would interfere with the lawsuit his gun-rights group planned to file.

Didnt know that

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    NRA President David Keene said earlier this week that a pending referendum vote would interfere with the lawsuit his gun-rights group planned to file.

Didnt know that

It has only been said over and over and over again on the threads regarding the referendum. All lawsuits will come to a grinding halt until the referendum is over .

vcaddy05

Apr 18, 2013
    Or just wants to make a name for themselves. :rolleyes: I don't like it. I think Lawsuit is the only way to go.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring

Didnt know that

That's why it throws a wrench in the works. Sue Payne starts it and already she is looking for someone to hand it off to. Pat McDonough said he supports it but, he has to concentrate on his re-election efforts. There are your dim-wits. Want to start something and not willing to stick it out. Hopefully enough people have the sense not to sign it but, I'm sure there are enough kool-aid drinkers that will. I for one, will NOT put my 2a rights up for vote and will not have any parts of this.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    One more year of buying toys or fighting off this crap for good?
    Which one do we want?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You can't fix stupid. Will you subsidize it?

No progress will be made in the mga if there is a referendum on gun control.

Period.

This is important. It will cost 10's of millions for a referendum....then we'll lose. NRA won't subsidize it. Who else has that kind of money?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So, since it's out there, time to anti up and find the petitions and get them signed.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    That's why it throws a wrench in the works. Sue Payne starts it and already she is looking for someone to hand it off to. Pat McDonough said he supports it but, he has to concentrate on his re-election efforts. There are your dim-wits. Want to start something and not willing to stick it out. Hopefully enough people have the sense not to sign it but, I'm sure there are enough kool-aid drinkers that will. I for one, will NOT put my 2a rights up for vote and will not have any parts of this.

18000 signatures in a month is going to be kind of hard to become by, thats like over 600 signautres a day

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

He wants the issue not a victory, he wins either way. Only those in his district can stop it,if they want to.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It's such a stacked deck with a referendum.
    -A campaign needs to be launched and ran (advertising, public outreach, volunteers, sponsors)
    -THE STATE WRITES THE QUESTION
    -Zero guarantee that the referendum passes and if it doesn't, your rights in MD are forever silenced

If this fails in court, then maybe, maybe a referendum campaign could be launched. There would be little else to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom