• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Right now I am for signing the petition because if they get the signatures need it will put off Oct. 1 til next November. I see that as giving us more breathing room to figure out how to defeat this.

If we go lawsuit will it stop implementation on Oct. 1.

We don't know. Certainly they will ask for an injunction. If the referendum goes through, the lawsuit will come to a halt and will not proceed until 2014, if/when the referendum is lost.

Story was on WJZ this monring at 5:00 AM; they also showed a clip of the new "anti gun, pro MD bill" Maryland commercial coming out to fight this petition.

Will there be commercials in favor of the petition?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Will there be commercials in favor of the petition?

Get on the other side of the equation and ponder this...

The petition is to put the bill on the ballot. Given the numbers in this state, why wouldn't anti-gun people want it on the ballot also? It would affirm their position and give them more steam to push ahead with their agenda.

Think about this. Did anyone see the organizer of this petition drive join this forum and reach out to this community? The largest group and most visible in Annapolis fighting the bill this year? if I were trying to gather support, I would have done a stakeholder analysis and MDS would have been on the top of my list...

Having more time to "get our guns" is a weak strategy, which was the first thing out of the organizer's mouth when speaking to her. I am seriously starting to wonder where this is really coming from.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Get on the other side of the equation and ponder this...

The petition is to put the bill on the ballot. Given the numbers in this state, why wouldn't anti-gun people want it on the ballot also? It would affirm their position and give them more steam to push ahead with their agenda.

Think about this. Did anyone see the organizer of this petition drive join this forum and reach out to this community? The largest group and most visible in Annapolis fighting the bill this year? if I were trying to gather support, I would have done a stakeholder analysis and MDS would have been on the top of my list...

Having more time to "get our guns" is a weak strategy, which was the first thing out of the organizer's mouth when speaking to her. I am seriously starting to wonder where this is really coming from.

Bingo! You illustrate my point. This is a very disorganized effort at best. Harmful at worst. There is no organization, there is no money, there is no single message. The antis have commercials. The referendum isn't for another year and a half and they are already running ads!!! Anti-gun people WANT this on the ballot. Why? They know we will lose. The ONLY thing we will get out of this is "more time to buy". :rolleyes:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Bingo! You illustrate my point. This is a very disorganized effort at best. Harmful at worst. There is no organization, there is no money, there is no single message. The antis have commercials. The referendum isn't for another year and a half and they are already running ads!!! Anti-gun people WANT this on the ballot. Why? They know we will lose. The ONLY thing we will get out of this is "more time to buy". :rolleyes:

Same conclusions here. I will not apologize for wavering along the way to this decision... Sometimes we have to let people (myself included) go through the discovery process themselves, rather than just tell people what to think/do. I did a lot of homework on this so my decision, i believe, is an informed one. I am not a natural follower...

Bottom line here: I will not sign the petition. My decision is based on the fact that the organizer(s) did not reach out to MDS, nor showed any interest in a conduit to this community.

Sorry Frogman.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Same conclusions here. I will not apologize for wavering along the way to this decision... Sometimes we have to let people (myself included) go through the discovery process themselves, rather than just tell people what to think/do. I did a lot of homework on this so my decision, i believe, is an informed one. I am not a natural follower...

Bottom line here: I will not sign the petition. My decision is based on the fact that the organizer(s) did not reach out to MDS, nor showed any interest in a conduit to this community.

In fact they disregarded the opinion of all the major groups. And they relied on the anti- authoritarian tenancies among us to force the issue.

They won.. It was a brilliant play and I realize now we never had a chance. :)

If they are half as skillful during the campaign 2014 will also be a loss.

We had people here say that it was all a plot by NRA lawyers to raise funds,and then claiming that those supporting the leadership were being divisive. :)

I don't impress to easily, but if thats the kind of Machiavellian we are up against we have only too choices:

1. Get smart fast.
    2. Pack it in.

Sorry to be so blunt, but we are not going to have time for an extended learning curve.

Think about how well we were played..

Those who support there leadership were called divisive

Brilliant --- but in truth it would only work on us.

So I wonder how they will play us next.

MR K 's march maybe....

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    In fact they disregarded the opinion of all the major groups. And they relied on the anti- authoritarian tenancies among us to force the issue.

They won.. It was a brilliant play and I realize now we never had a chance. :)

If they are half as skillful during the campaign 2014 will also be a loss.

We had people here say that it was ll a plot my NRA lawyers to raise funds,and the claiming that those supporting the leadership were being divisive. :)

I don't impress to easily, but if thats the kind of Machiavellilian we are up against we have only to choices.

1. Get smart fast
    2. Pack it in.

Sorry to be so blunt, but we are not going to have time for an extended learning curve.

Think about how well we were played..

Those who suppport there leadership were called divisive

Brilliant --- but in truth it would only work on us.

So I wonder how they will play us next.

MR K 's march maybe....

Being new to MD politics, it has been a steep learning curve alright! But well worth the investigation. Again, I encourage everyone to do their own homework and come to your own conclusions. It will result in a healthier resolve than simply taking someone else's word for anything. The web is a great resource.

Speaking of Mr. K's march...did you see this? http://www.patriotnewsorganization....merica-do-not-follow-on-july-4th-march-on-dc/

peoples1234

Mar 27, 2013
    You will not find unalienable rights in the Constitution.

However, The Bill of Rights gives the people certain rights. To amend the Constitution requires that the States ratify any amendment. This does not have to be done by a "popular" vote. It can be done within the states legislatures.

No, you're using the same funny logic that the anti's are using.

The bill of Rights does not grant rights, it acknowledges that they exist separate of any government and guarantees them.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    No, you're using the same funny logic that the anti's are using.

The bill of Rights does not grant rights, it acknowledges that they exist separate of any government and guarantees them.

It prevents the government from taking our unalienable rights away. Plain and simple.

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.

Sorry Frogman.

I agree 100%. The petition is nothing more than a poison pilll for us, planted by an outsider, swallowed by many and now we as a group are gagging on it...

We are being played like a Stradivarius.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Then it's over.....

might be, still have to try but if the court case goes the wrong way it opens up a can of worms in pro-gun states. Right now there are 3 major scandals, 7+ % unemployment for years now (higher in reality) and gas at $3.50/gal

Yet Obama still has 49% approval. Half of population is asleep.

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    They aren't asleep...they are voting along party lines. They don't want there side appearing weak just like Republican often circle the wagons and act blind to issues and problems. Its politics....We need real statesman in office who vote for what is right and shy away from supporting what is wrong just because its the party line.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    And if the court would rule this constitutional it doesn't matter what happens with a referendum. By then, it would be time for box four anyway...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Before Obamacare ruling I would have agreed with you. The political pressure on the court will fold them if it gets that far. Limited options here.

So your theory is that a referendum in a blue state is less political?
    Or that the court will ignore the loss and decide on the merits?
    Or that a court without Scalia will improve our chances ?

What you say even if true makes no sense.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    So your theory is that a referendum in a blue state is less political?
    Or that the court will ignore the loss and decide on the merits?
    Or that a court without Scalia will improve our chances ?

What you say even if true makes no sense.

Im saying I have no faith in the system. Still have to try ....

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS

when I pointed this out a week ago I got called an anti by some, for not supporting the petition.

There is too much strategy at play for people to go off half cocked based on emotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom