• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Oh Im not sorry I sign, just to those you feel lawsuit is the better option. Last night Carroll County put itself on the map as far as gun right preservation.

I cant get past waiting for the law to go in to effect. With all the recent rulings for gun rights what has really changed. Our law is ruled un-Contsitutional but still we cant carry. DC's law ruled un-Contsitutional yet being able to purchase a handgun is like winning the lottery.

To me referendum was the best course.

Liking your last sentence.:thumbsup:

jcass

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 21, 2012
    gambrills , maryland
    When is the law suit expected to make some head way, I was on the fence about the referendum but I to thought it was a good Idea when I heard of it to give people a chance to do something.
    So what now? wait and see what NRA gets done in the court room.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The lawsuit cannot be filed until SB281 becomes law, AKA as Oct 1. You can't claim harm from a yet to become effective law.

IANAL but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I hope I'm wrong but all I can say is good luck in the courts. A Fourth Circuit that upheld a grotesquely unconstitutional and arbitrary "good and substantial" clause, overseen by a Supreme Court that's a good five years away and will likely have one or two conservative retirements by then, if they even agree to hear it.

Like I said I hope I'm wrong, but I see little hope in the court process myself. I think the most you may see is some tweaking in the handgun licensing to make it more accessible to the poor, perhaps.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    On WJZ this morning, they announced there were not enough signatures (the announcers are SO MOM fans); then they had a clip from DeMarco and he said "of course this failed, we know 85% of Marylanders are behind this legislation". I threw up my breakfast and went to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom