• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    FB post on 30JUL15:

A little more information about the incident is contained in the linked GoFundMe page:

http://www.gofundme.com/DCdefense

Posted overnight in the DC Carry group on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/315093805325002/permalink/476638719170509/

I just got off of the phone with one of of our members who has a DC Concealed and Carry Permit and was carrying legally in DC and got arrested. He just go out of jail on bail and DC PD still has his handgun.
    I do not have all of the details as of yet. He is on the way home back to his home in Virginia and eager to get back to his wife and children. He is planning to write up a detailed account of what happened to share with all of us, start a go fun me page to help with his $5,000.00 in legal fees and is hoping to get his story out to several media outlets. His intention is to draw attention to the story of what happened to him so that if it happens to any of us or anyone in our community the information on what to do, who to contact etc.. will be outlined and readily available to all. Once his legal fees are covered, he plans to take any access he may receive and start a fund to aid others in defense should an occurrence like this happen again.
    More details to come once he is ready to tell all for us.

Last edited:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Posted overnight in the DC Carry group on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/315093805325002/permalink/476638719170509/

I just got off of the phone with one of of our members who has a DC Concealed and Carry Permit and was carrying legally in DC and got arrested. He just go out of jail on bail and DC PD still has his handgun.
    I do not have all of the details as of yet. He is on the way home back to his home in Virginia and eager to get back to his wife and children. He is planning to write up a detailed account of what happened to share with all of us, start a go fun me page to help with his $5,000.00 in legal fees and is hoping to get his story out to several media outlets. His intention is to draw attention to the story of what happened to him so that if it happens to any of us or anyone in our community the information on what to do, who to contact etc.. will be outlined and readily available to all. Once his legal fees are covered, he plans to take any access he may receive and start a fund to aid others in defense should an occurrence like this happen again.
    More details to come once he is ready to tell all for us.

Shoot, don't have Facebook. Keep us non-Facebookers posted please.

What was he charged with?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    The "victim" should consult with his attorney before posting anything publicly.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Shoot, don't have Facebook. Keep us non-Facebookers posted please.

What was he charged with?

That's the entire post, and was put up on Facebook by Ed Levine at 2:14am today, apparently as told to him by another member of the DC Carry Fb group. In any case, there is no new information posted as of yet.

I'll check back through the morning & update the thread or OP if/when new info is added. Anyone else seeing it before I do, feel free to update...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Let Emily Miller of Fox 5 news know ASAP. She can get the facts out there.

I hope the person didn't actually break the law.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012

One of the comments on the fb post asks if Emily Miller had already been notified. Somehow I think it won't take long.

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    So I see that page is a closed group and I am not on there, so I cannot see the post.
    From what you describe, I guess we would have to hear more detail BUT....
    something sounds fishy to me already.
    I hope this is not the case, but it makes me think that the cops were (instructed to) following 'certain people' around and look for an excuse to arrest them. Anyone else think such things, or am I being crazy?
    Once Emily Miller hears about this, she will be all over it.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    If they are carrying concealed, how do the cops know who is carrying?
    It could be as simple (relatively speaking) as getting pulled over for failure to properly signal a lane change, he discloses his permit status & that he's carrying, & the officer determines/decides that he's in a prohibited area/zone.

Or it could be some sinister plot to chill the spirits of those irrational (shudder) "gun people." (/shudder)

Or it could be... lots of things I suppose.

Regardless, I suspect we'll hear more soon.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    He will need to use his own website to raise funds. Gofundme's rules prevent for paying legal fees.

The Baltimore 6 found that out the hard way.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    The "victim" should consult with his attorney before posting anything publicly.
    In fact, the most recent comment (about 8:25am) posted in the fb thread is "Details will come out when attorney approves."

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Arrest of DC CCW Permit Holder <<~~~THIS, is one of the reasons i declined the many opportunities to get the permit. i do not, and never will trust the DC authorities in equal and balanced and LEGAL issuance of said permit. NEVER!

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

One of the comments on the fb post asks if Emily Miller had already been notified. Somehow I think it won't take long.

And notify SAF too ... They have a 'substantial investment' in DC's unconstitutional laws and enforcement of same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom