• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m.ammer69

Jul 3, 2013
    So about a year ago I purchased my AR-10 directly from the manufacturer (BCA). I'm trying to send the rifle back to them to be serviced, the rifle with act like it's on safety (dead trigger )even if it's set to fire, I believe that the sear is hanging up and not releasing the hammer. I'm trying to send it back and they're saying that they can't service it unless I have proof of registration. Now to my knowledge AR-10'S are not regulated like AR-15's are, so I'm not going to have a 77r to pull up. It's a rifle so they don't exactly have to be registered,but I did get the lower through an FFL (blue fins in Dundalk) so in theory there is paperwork. But then do I talk to blue fins or the state police to get some sort of paperwork showing it's registered to me? Any advice would be well appreciated

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    No idea about dealing with BCA. I would have thought the bill of sale or whatever paperwork you originally got from Blue Fins would suffice.

But it seems like it might be quicker and easier (and possibly not any more expensive when you factor in shipping) to just fix it yourself.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    So about a year ago I purchased my AR-10 directly from the manufacturer (BCA). I'm trying to send the rifle back to them to be serviced, the rifle with act like it's on safety (dead trigger )even if it's set to fire, I believe that the sear is hanging up and not releasing the hammer. I'm trying to send it back and they're saying that they can't service it unless I have proof of registration. Now to my knowledge AR-10'S are not regulated like AR-15's are, so I'm not going to have a 77r to pull up. It's a rifle so they don't exactly have to be registered,but I did get the lower through an FFL (blue fins in Dundalk) so in theory there is paperwork. But then do I talk to blue fins or the state police to get some sort of paperwork showing it's registered to me? Any advice would be well appreciated
    You didn't fill out the warranty card and send it in.

m.ammer69

Jul 3, 2013
    Asked twice if it was a registration for the warranty and she didn't directly answer it just said it would have to prove that it belongs to me. I also told them that in MD only AR-15 lowers have to be registered (correct me if I'm wrong), because its an AR-10 it doesn't need to be registered. They also have a bill of sale on file for me. I requested the speak to a supervisor or manager, I work in retail and absolutely hate when customers do that but I know my job and do my best to help the customer. Everything from the shipping to the repairs is 100% covered because it was like that when I got it. I basically purchased the upper and lower, assembled them and then shit hit the fan. My dad ended up in a motorcycle accident,I changed positions in my company, my finance and I got more serious, shit happened with her kid, and that's just the tip of the iceberg so getting to the range to test fire it was not exactly high on my priorities.

EXIT WOUND

Sep 22, 2011
    I would just buy a new trigger and drop it in. You can choose anything you like at that point. Stock trigger to infinity....

I would just buy a new trigger and drop it in. You can choose anything you like at that point. Stock trigger to infinity..
    There is a LaRue in the classifieds for $50.

m.ammer69

Jul 3, 2013
    Just wanted to update you guys on what happened/happening with the rifle. So I contacted them a few more times, they kept giving me the run around. Saying I had to prove it's registered to me, then claimed that ID and bill of sale wasn't proof enough to prove ownership. I said about checking there records against the lower, they claimed the lower isn't serialized,it most certainly is. Claimed they don't ship to FFL's in Maryland,but it was originally shipped to one. Plus it was sent in for repairs,they don't have the ship it to an FFL. I have them plenty of opportunity and time to fix it and send a call tag. I decided to call my credit card, I'm going to try and dispute it. It's over the time limit but hoping that the fact I've tried to send it back multiple times for repairs may help my case out. But currently in talks with a fellow MDshooters members, they're going to help me put a new trigger group in.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Just wanted to update you guys on what happened/happening with the rifle. So I contacted them a few more times, they kept giving me the run around. Saying I had to prove it's registered to me, then claimed that ID and bill of sale wasn't proof enough to prove ownership. I said about checking there records against the lower, they claimed the lower isn't serialized,it most certainly is. Claimed they don't ship to FFL's in Maryland,but it was originally shipped to one. Plus it was sent in for repairs,they don't have the ship it to an FFL. I have them plenty of opportunity and time to fix it and send a call tag. I decided to call my credit card, I'm going to try and dispute it. It's over the time limit but hoping that the fact I've tried to send it back multiple times for repairs may help my case out. But currently in talks with a fellow MDshooters members, they're going to help me put a new trigger group in.
    UPS and FedEx regs now require firearms and parts go through a FFL. Both ends of the shipment.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Unfortunately, this happens a LOT with BCA. Someone finds a cool and affordable rifle, seems to have a warranty, the person buys it, rifle doesn't work, likely from multiple out of spec parts, they make it impossible to actually handle it under warranty. As others have said, I would replace the trigger, see if it works, then if not, start troubleshooting from there. If it basically won't drop the hammer, especially with the upper off(hold thumb over it, don't let it hit the lower), probably out of spec trigger or selector, but they occasionally have the holes in the lower out of spec. Had one person with a similar issue, found the selector hole too low by several thousandths, was hard to engage, and wouldn't fire when rotated to that position. The lower/hammer/trigger/selector/disconnector all work together and need acceptable tolerances to function, modifying any to make it work could be problematic or potentially dangerous. We fixed it well enough to be useable, and yet another person that will never buy another BCA.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    Just out of curiosity, did this rifle ever work? Has it ever been shot before it stopped?

Sometimes, a 'blown' primer can act like an empty beer can stuck under your gas pedal. :innocent0

m.ammer69

Jul 3, 2013
    Unfortunately, this happens a LOT with BCA. Someone finds a cool and affordable rifle, seems to have a warranty, the person buys it, rifle doesn't work, likely from multiple out of spec parts, they make it impossible to actually handle it under warranty. As others have said, I would replace the trigger, see if it works, then if not, start troubleshooting from there. If it basically won't drop the hammer, especially with the upper off(hold thumb over it, don't let it hit the lower), probably out of spec trigger or selector, but they occasionally have the holes in the lower out of spec. Had one person with a similar issue, found the selector hole too low by several thousandths, was hard to engage, and wouldn't fire when rotated to that position. The lower/hammer/trigger/selector/disconnector all work together and need acceptable tolerances to function, modifying any to make it work could be problematic or potentially dangerous. We fixed it well enough to be useable, and yet another person that will never buy another BCA.
    That's the sad part I was getting money together to get another rifle from them (was going to get either an AR-9 or AR-45). When the upper is off it seems to work properly, once it's all together and under pressure it seems to start hanging up.

m.ammer69

Jul 3, 2013
    Just out of curiosity, did this rifle ever work? Has it ever been shot before it stopped?

Sometimes, a 'blown' primer can act like an empty beer can stuck under your gas pedal.
    Not exactly. So when I get it,I took it to the range and found that the ammo I got was defective, projects weren't falling out, crimped in backwards,etc. so it never actually fired. The next time I took it to the range, I noticed it happening. I got it to fire a few rounds but with the trigger constantly hanging up.

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    You would be better off buying a SOLGW lower parts kit with a trigger and replacing it yourself. Keep the BCA mag release button if they use a large frame AR button. That being said the FFL may have something. Maybe MSP will provide you with your MGun history. I can't remember if non-regulated firearms are entered into MGun or not.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    You would be better off buying a SOLGW lower parts kit with a trigger and replacing it yourself. Keep the BCA mag release button if they use a large frame AR button. That being said the FFL may have something. Maybe MSP will provide you with your MGun history. I can't remember if non-regulated firearms are entered into MGun or not.
    4473 guns are not retained by MD. Only 77r guns are retained by MD.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    UPS and FedEx regs now require firearms and parts go through a FFL. Both ends of the shipment.
    Is this something new? I recently shipped a firearm via FedEx no ffl involved. Also had it shipping directly back to me with no ffl. I did have to sign for it though. I was shipping to the manufacturer so maybe that's why no ffl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom