Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I found a map of the DC 'prohibited areas'
    Minesweeper.png

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    OP updated.

FB POST & THREAD WAS DELETED AT REQUEST OF INVOLVED PARTY. PLS BE COURTEOUS & SENSITIVE IN YOUR POSTS & COMMENTS.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Prudent move if legal action is contemplated. One of the most positive things of Cypherpunk's DC law class was the discussion and listing of places off limits. I have permits from multiple states and none of those are as restrictive as to TPM as DC. There are 14 places listed as off limits in the DC law. IIRC George Lyon's handout listed 16. It would be extremely easy to get into trouble if you aren't situationally aware at all times. I'm sure it's by design, as are most parts of DC's CCW law.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    There are only 8 permit holders. Their pictures are posted in all the squad rooms. ;)

There are at least 36 permits last I heard, but it would not surprise me if the rest of your post is true.

The overwhelming majority of permit holders will never interact with DC Police outside of the "Firearm Registration Office" and lawsuits where DC is accused of violating civil rights and court orders.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Prudent move if legal action is contemplated. One of the most positive things of Cypherpunk's DC law class was the discussion and listing of places off limits. I have permits from multiple states and none of those are as restrictive as to TPM as DC. There are 14 places listed as off limits in the DC law. IIRC George Lyon's handout listed 16. It would be extremely easy to get into trouble if you aren't situationally aware at all times. I'm sure it's by design, as are most parts of DC's CCW law.

I suspect the "1,000 ft. from a dignitary" zone, if it actually is enforced, could make any sidewalk in the District a Prohibited Place at any random time, given the number of pols and stuffed-shirts in transit to/from a "Very Important Meeting"/dope buy/hookup at any given time.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    There are at least 36 permits last I heard, but it would not surprise me if the rest of your post is true.

The overwhelming majority of permit holders will never interact with DC Police outside of the "Firearm Registration Office" and lawsuits where DC is accused of violating civil rights and court orders.
    I am closing in on sixty days since applying with G&S. Not thrilled about carrying in D.C. after hearing of this arrest.

At least I will feel a little better about driving through 295/395 to get to VA when GPS tries to redirect me away from 495.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The good thing about the 1000 foor dignitary rule is there is no penalty until you are are made aware of the dignitary and warned to move and don't comply. This doesn't seem hard to comply with.

From the act

"(a) No person holding a license shall carry a pistol in the following locations or under
    the following circumstances"
    (12) Within 1,000 feet, or other lesser distance designated by the Chief or his or
    her designee, when a dignitary or high-ranking official of the United States or a state, local, or
    foreign government is moving under the protection of the MPD, or other law enforcement
    agency assisting or working in concert with MPD, provided, that no criminal penalty shall apply
    unless
    "(A) The licensee has been advised by a law enforcement officer that the
    movement of a dignitary or official is occurring, and

"(B) The licensee has been ordered by the law enforcement officer to
    leave the area of the movement until the licensee removes the pistol from his or her possession in
    compliance with applicable law and the licensee has not complied with the order,

"(13) Within 1,000 feet, or other lesser distance designated by the Chief or his or
    her designee, of a demonstration in a public place, provided, that no criminal penalty shall apply
    unless

"(A) The licensee has been advised by a law enforcement officer that a
    demonstration is occurring at the public place, and
    "(B) The licensee has been ordered by the law enforcement officer to
    leave the area of the demonstration until the licensee removes the pistol from his or herpossession in compliance with applicable law and the licensee has not complied with the order,

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As long as you don't carry more than 20 rounds total, a spare magazine is fine. Perhaps the cop didn't know the reg had been updated from 10 to 20?

Or the flip side is the CCW holder had two loaded mags and went beyond 20 rounds.

Guess we should wait and find out what really happened first.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    As long as you don't carry more than 20 rounds total, a spare magazine is fine. Perhaps the cop didn't know the reg had beewn updated from 10 to 20? Facts will help explain all this at some point.
    Is there a confirmation that it's what the arrest was for?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    As long as you don't carry more than 20 rounds total, a spare magazine is fine. Perhaps the cop didn't know the reg had been updated from 10 to 20?

Or the flip side is the CCW holder had two loaded mags and went beyond 20 rounds.

Guess we should wait and find out what really happened first.

and not just the 20 rounds, but (and I'm fairly sure of this but not 100%) you can't have a magazine greater than 10 round capacity, regardless of how many rounds are in them.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    If they are carrying concealed, how do the cops know who is carrying?

You missed or forgot about the Florida resident who was pulled over for an alleged infraction of traffic laws and then was asked if he was carrying a handgun in his car. The MD Trans Police found the information about his CCW permit in Florida when they looked the guys info up on "the computer."

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You missed or forgot about the Florida resident who was pulled over for an alleged infraction of traffic laws and then was asked if he was carrying a handgun in his car. The MD Trans Police found the information about his CCW permit in Florida when they looked the guys info up on "the computer."

Wasn't the sticky wicket when his wife offered up that the gun was in the glove box (before they checked the "computer" ")when the cop asked if there were any weapons in the vehicle? Or was that a different one? :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom