• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    So with the amount of CCW holders in DC, this will make a great statistic for them.

"Near 3% of CCW holders get arrested in gun crimes"

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I doesn't read he had a permit. The story kind of reads he was resting on his laurels as an ex officer allowing him to carry.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that this story has nothing to do with a CCW holder being arrested. The article say nothing about being a permit holder. If he were a permit holder, his gun would have to be registered yet it is described as an unregistered handgun.

People should stick at least close to the facts.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Arrest records are open to the public. This one was VIA WTOP. I don't claim to say its the same case. But, the news and police report usually don't coincide.
    " Ahn’s attorney David Benowitz says his client did not violate the law in the gun case."

I presume that the Attorney in the case concerning the OP is saying the same thing.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that this story has nothing to do with a CCW holder being arrested. The article say nothing about being a permit holder. If he were a permit holder, his gun would have to be registered yet it is described as an unregistered handgun.

People should stick at least close to the facts.
    A DC CCW holder can be charged with possession of an unregistered gun as well. When I applied in DC I did so with my G30s as the registered gun. Sadly that means if approved I can't carry my G26 in DC unless I also register it. It is BS but that is DC for you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    A DC CCW holder can be charged with possession of an unregistered gun as well. When I applied in DC I did so with my G30s as the registered gun. Sadly that means if approved I can't carry my G26 in DC unless I also register it. It is BS but that is DC for you.

I realize that you have to carry the gun that you register, but if they went back 15 years to find that he was convicted of felony bribery and was booted out of the PD, wouldn't they have found that he had a permit. Further, wouldn't the felony conviction for bribery be a prohibiting factor for obtaining a permit?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I realize that you have to carry the gun that you register, but if they went back 15 years to find that he was convicted of felony bribery and was booted out of the PD, wouldn't they have found that he had a permit. Further, wouldn't the felony conviction for bribery be a prohibiting factor for obtaining a permit?
    All agreed and I had no doubt you already knew what I was saying. It was more for the benefit of those who may not know DC's stupid CCW law. I too am virtually certain this is not the same guy as the OP speaks of.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

So what happens when your G30 is in the shop or gets stolen or you sell it?
    I guess this is a way to force registration or a way to catch unregistered guns?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I suspect the "1,000 ft. from a dignitary" zone, if it actually is enforced, could make any sidewalk in the District a Prohibited Place at any random time, given the number of pols and stuffed-shirts in transit to/from a "Very Important Meeting"/dope buy/hookup at any given time.

Probably any car with diplomatic plates is considered a rolling dignitary zone. :innocent0

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    So what happens when your G30 is in the shop or gets stolen or you sell it?
    I guess this is a way to force registration or a way to catch unregistered guns?

Or you have two of them and grab the wrong one???

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom