MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    and sometimes you are better off putting a sock in your mouth

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    There are a lot ( I mean a lot) of misconceptions regarding Maryland's law on "High Capacity" magazines- both among civilians and even (more so) among law enforcement. So today we break it down Barney style and really find out what the deal is- are they legal?!

Except this is the Delaware forum.

Night Train

Apr 21, 2024
    Delaware
    Keep them. Buy more. Do not comply with unconstitutional mandates.
    goodjob.png

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    I still wonder about possession of a mag with capacity of >17 rounds if you have a CCW that Delaware recognizes via reciprocity. Per statute they are supposed to give “full faith and credit.” Would this extend to the mag exemption?

I don’t plan on being the test case - but it’s an interesting question.

Night Train

Apr 21, 2024
    Delaware
    People obey NFA rules. I'm not sure how this is any different. If the NFA had implemented a 20 round ban, would anyone be complaining.
    People in general like to take orders and do what they are told. Its a fact of life. What do you think basic training in the military is all about? Its about conditioning the recruits to take orders. They all go through it, from Generals to Privates. Most people want to be told what to do. It makes it easy for their Overlords.

Coehorn

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2024
    Baltimore County
    People in general like to take orders and do what they are told. Its a fact of life. What do you think basic training in the military is all about? Its about conditioning the recruits to take orders. They all go through it, from Generals to Privates. Most people want to be told what to do. It makes it easy for their Overlords.
    What you so correctly stated goes far beyond the military.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    They do not honor the ccwp of many states for concealed carry, full faith means nothing there, so there would be no reason to Expect them to honor some?all? For mags.

I know the do not honor my permit. I’d have to go the 3rd party state to carry concealed in DE (fl az ut)

I still wonder about possession of a mag with capacity of >17 rounds if you have a CCW that Delaware recognizes via reciprocity. Per statute they are supposed to give “full faith and credit.” Would this extend to the mag exemption?

I don’t plan on being the test case - but it’s an interesting question.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    They do not honor the ccwp of many states for concealed carry, full faith means nothing there, so there would be no reason to Expect them to honor some?all? For mags.

I know the do not honor my permit. I’d have to go the 3rd party state to carry concealed in DE (fl az ut)
    Use your MD W&C training certificate and get FL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom