• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    "No gun zones" are ridiculous. If a person has a permit there should be no restrictions. Judge the person for their actions only. Honestly, this should be the case with or without a permit and why 'Conctitutional carry' is really the right answer. I'm ok with permits, but for heavens sake make them easy enough to obtain and simple to know the rules.

I want to hear the facts of this particular case. Let's just hope the permit holder wasn't breaking any laws. If so, and if it was a technicality or inappropriate arrest, I hope the infringing officer has insurance because he/she may be personally sued for false arrest. I hope it was a simple mistake, everyone learns from whatever happened and more law abiding citizens are able to carry in the end. Optimistic, I know. :-)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    By having so many TPM restrictions, it allows DC to continue to use the rationale of "we're special", which as we know is total BS, since criminals ignore TPM restrictions right along with illegal possession. If you can't legally possess and you do, why would anyone expect TPM restrictions to be obeyed?

DC Govt is so dysfunctional.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Arrest of DC CCW Permit Holder <<~~~THIS, is one of the reasons i declined the many opportunities to get the permit. i do not, and never will trust the DC authorities in equal and balanced and LEGAL issuance of said permit. NEVER!

This! Nothing good can come from getting a "permit" to exercise your basic constitutional right.
    And NEVER volunteer information to the police or allow them to search your vehicle!
    We have the right to remain silent and the right to refuse unwarranted searches. Use it or lose it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'll wait on the facts.. Perhaps a law was violated. let's see first.

While I understand the philosophy of not having a permit to exercise a constitutional right, the sad reality is permits for concealed carry are with a few exceptions a reality nationwide.

So let's see where this goes.

My .02

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    After reviewing stuff I am about 75% sure it was not D.C. Police (MPDC).

Plus the GoFundMe fails to mention the agency and on top of that I don't see a weapon recovery with an individual and a VA address. It was probably some small department like DoD police or something because otherwise I would have seen it (unless they didn't call it in which is also probable)

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    After reviewing stuff I am about 75% sure it was not D.C. Police (MPDC).

Plus the GoFundMe fails to mention the agency and on top of that I don't see a weapon recovery with an individual and a VA address. It was probably some small department like DoD police or something because otherwise I would have seen it (unless they didn't call it in which is also probable)
    The original post said the firearm was confiscated & not initially returned. No indication if it has been returned subsequently.

Also, if this was a DoD arrest, or would've occurred w/in DoD jurisdiction where firearms are prohibited anyway & not excused by dc carry permit. So we'd be seeing an entirely different set of circumstances.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The original post said the firearm was confiscated & not initially returned. No indication if it has been returned subsequently.

Also, if this was a DoD arrest, or would've occurred w/in DoD jurisdiction where firearms are prohibited anyway & not excused by dc carry permit. So we'd be seeing an entirely different set of circumstances.

DoD police still show up to my court. There federal status doesn't send them to a different court system. All the 900 police agencies come to superior court first! So the circumstances would be exactly the same actually.

I don't see the weapon recovery in our system which shows most agencies recoveries! I used DoD as an example because their weapon recoveries don't show up on our list.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    DoD police still show up to my court. There federal status doesn't send them to a different court system. All the 900 police agencies come to superior court first! So the circumstances would be exactly the same actually.
    Gotcha. What I meant was that since the dc carry permit wouldn't have allowed an individual to carry on DoD property, i doubt this would've been merely a case of an agency (DOD police in this case) that didn't agree with dc policies of having granted a carry permit.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Gotcha. What I meant was that since the dc carry permit wouldn't have allowed an individual to carry on DoD property, i doubt this would've been merely a case of an agency that didn't agree with dc policies of having granted a carry permit.

Gotcha, I didn't pick that up thank you for clarification. Usually Park and Cap Police show up with weapon recoveries on our list.

My honest bet........He tried to enter a Museum or something and caught a UF/UA Charge. The OAG declined to press charges after seeing the permit and it got called a day. I have a feeling there was some minor permit violation but to keep it real with you folks. CypherPunk knows this stuff in and out. I didn't even know what one looked like until he shot me the email with one and I showed my Office.

For clarification since I know how MDS is....above is a Guess, a speculation, a probability

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    CypherPunk knows this stuff in and out. I didn't even know what one looked like until he shot me the email with one and I showed my Office.

Tell me about it. I work with him at IWLA, & he's definitely the go-to guy.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If it was a Federal Bldg like a museum, then the permittee was at fault. If it was a case of government overreach or something unconstitutional, I'd donate. But I'm not gonna fund someone's ignorance if this turns out to be the case. Part of Cypherpunk's class dealt with DC law.

We need more facts first IMO

From the DC act: Prohibited places

"(10) The public memorials on the National Mall and along the Tidal Basin, andany other area where firearms are prohibited under federal law or by a federal agency or entity,

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    If it is somewhere in DC you actually want to go to, it's probably a prohibited area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom