• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Duh... you use the tongs in the kitchen to pick up the knife and place it in his hand, then throw the tongs in the kitchen sink and fill it with (room temperature) water.

Then you take off his shoes and make tracks into the kitchen and back, then put them back on him. Don't get left/right mixed up and don't leave any DNA.

PS; you two are agreeing on something and I don't see brimstone raining down outside. What's up?
    But are dogs and cats laying down together ?

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    I would not have expected an arrest. Would you expect to go to jail, or would the arrest be a formality?
    Dead or wounded body will result in an arrest pretty much every time and quite possibly sitting in jail until they decide what to do with you. Hell, they arrested the guy in Indiana who stopped by Mall shooting. Only later did they let him go after reviewing the tapes. A shooting in a home will result in an investigation pursuant to which a search warrant will quite likely be issued. The point is that you don't create anything that could remotely be used against you. Including posts in MD Shooters.

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    What I'm getting at is a corpse can't be brought into court to testify against you, so if you clearly heard him say "I'm going to kill you" and he was reaching for what you believed was a gun, no one could testify that's not accurate.

This is not legal advice!
    You'd better have a drop gun.

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    If you have an intruder that is in your home once they are inside the home they are yours to dispatch. Don’t let them fall backwards out the front door onto the steps or die in your front yard outside the home. Then things will get dicey. Armed or not. If the shell casing is in the living room and they make it out the front door drag them back inside. Yes I’m kidding on the last sentence. Moral of the story you pull your firing that’s the choice.

ED302

Feb 14, 2020
    when you already have your gun drawn on him and you tell him to put his hands up regardless of if he is actually armed? My instructor said that he has to be armed.
    Doesn't matter. If you truly think your life is in danger, then shoot. If you don't think your life is in danger, then don't shoot even if you think it is legal. Taking of a life is serious business.

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    when you already have your gun drawn on him and you tell him to put his hands up regardless of if he is actually armed? My instructor said that he has to be armed.
    This is a very complex question, as a former LEO it really depends on the total situation. I'm a USCCA member and they have many training videos on these type situation. I would have to see a weapon or what at the time appeared to be a weapon, that put me in immediate fear for my life. These are split second decisions that can have disasterious effects on you and the person you shoot. I really believe I would have to see a weapon, i've gone thru enough training to say this, I would also recommend you talk with your attorney about this issue, especially in Maryland.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    This is a very complex question, as a former LEO it really depends on the total situation. I'm a USCCA member and they have many training videos on these type situation. I would have to see a weapon or what at the time appeared to be a weapon, that put me in immediate fear for my life. These are split second decisions that can have disasterious effects on you and the person you shoot. I really believe I would have to see a weapon, i've gone thru enough training to say this, I would also recommend you talk with your attorney about this issue, especially in Maryland.
    I have always said this too.
    My "go time" is seeing the weapon. If I have the drop on you and already drawn, it isn't tough to crack the first round off when I see it.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Only police can kill someone reaching for a wallet. "I was in fear for my life. I thought he was reaching for a gun."
    We learned that in the Amadou Diallo case and many that have happened since.
    Granted it doesn't happen as often now. But the no charges/acquittal rate is still better 50%.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    Not in MD. You need to die first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The ideal lefty ROE for police are this.
    Sidearm must remain holstered and unloaded.
    Sidearm may not be removed from holster and loaded until a suspect shows a firearm, raises it, fires at and hits a police officer. Police officers will then be 100% certain of 3 things. The suspect has a real gun. Suspect has real bullets. suspect intends to inflict severe injury on police officers.
    Of course, such rules won't apply to any armed person assigned a protection detail to a liberal democrat.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Our cats would nap in the dogs' kennels.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    yeah mine hate each other. The black cat was not sleeping with them at the time...
    IMG_0113.jpg

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I remember watching a Shoot / Don't Shoot video eons ago where the suspect reached behind his back and eventually produced a note that said, "I am deaf"

cmartin

Jun 11, 2009
    If you can not reasonably articulate that you were in danger of death or serious bodily injury when someone breaks/kicks thru you door while you are home them maybe you should consider using a different kind of self defense instead of a firearm.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If you can not reasonably articulate that you were in danger of death or serious bodily injury when someone breaks/kicks thru you door while you are home them maybe you should consider using a different kind of self defense instead of a firearm.
    I just through t they were there for the gang bang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom