• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I call curb side door gunner.
    Whoa, whoa, there. All respect to you for your knowledge and commitment to the cause but you must surely know that when you ride with Kurt cobain he always calls shotgun!

And since we are calling out road trip positions, I'll take lead vehicle cupola/ring mount.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Whoa, whoa, there. All respect to you for your knowledge and commitment to the cause but you must surely know that when you ride with Kurt cobain he always calls shotgun!

And since we are calling out road trip positions, I'll take lead vehicle cupola/ring mount.
    Kurt can keep shotgun, I called door gunner (Curb side), a completely different position and weapon system. If this is a special bus, I claim the rear side door with the lift.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Kurt can keep shotgun, I called door gunner (Curb side), a completely different position and weapon system. If this is a special bus, I claim the rear side door with the lift.
    That works. Shotgun is front seat curb side, you are calling mid or rear, check. Once upon a time, I worked for a place where the suburbans had lift-off door hinge kits and could be replaced with swing away bars that supported pintles for MAG58s. You can run one of those, I'm sure.

The theme song for this run should either be highway to hell or shout at the devil.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That works. Shotgun is front seat curb side, you are calling mid or rear, check. Once upon a time, I worked for a place where the suburbans had lift-off door hinge kits and could be replaced with swing away bars that supported pintles for MAG58s. You can run one of those, I'm sure.

The theme song for this run should either be highway to hell or shout at the devil.
    I may have provided comms for the boss that those suburbans followed/lead for.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    This is situationally dependent. I'd wonder why a regular citizen would have someone held at gunpoint just standing there without first identifying a weapon. Police? Sure, but why would a regular citizen be in that position to start with?

If you're drawing a firearm, it should be to use it. You should be using it because there's a clear and articulable reason to expect severe bodily injury or death that you need to stop right then as you're drawing your gun.

This x100

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I may have provided comms for the boss that those suburbans followed/lead for.
    Oh, those guys have m249s. And badges. Definitely not one of those guys.

The military doesn't issue MAG58s, they have the M240B through M240L. The MAG58 is what you see in private or foreign military hands.

And I'd like to add another two songs to the sound track; the devil in I (slipknot) and devil's dance (metallica).

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    This is one of those times owning a undocumented .25 ACP saturday night special or something similar would be handy...also known as a "throw down" piece..
    Basically every house has a knife block on a kitchen counter...

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Oh, those guys have m249s. And badges. Definitely not one of those guys.

The military doesn't issue MAG58s, they have the M240B through M240L. The MAG58 is what you see in private or foreign military hands.

And I'd like to add another two songs to the sound track; the devil in I (slipknot) and devil's dance (metallica).
    I suggest:

Ride of the Valkyries​

IN- A-GADDA-DA-VIDA​

In Hell I'll Be In Good Company​

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Is a furtive movement by the criminal considered a justifiable escalation to use lethal force? I know I have seen police use it to justify shootings (vast majority of which the cop was correct), but I don't know if Joe Citizen is allowed to use that in his defense.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Is a furtive movement by the criminal considered a justifiable escalation to use lethal force? I know I have seen police use it to justify shootings (vast majority of which the cop was correct), but I don't know if Joe Citizen is allowed to use that in his defense.
    It can be articulated as part of the affirmative defense. As a non-attorney, I'll defer on the finer points to dblas and those better educated than I am. What I will say is that the argument for use of lethal force is dependent on the totality of circumstances.

One way to break down the totality into more identifiable and specific things are so-called Graham factors. There's plenty of good written material that will be more eloquent on the subject than I can be. In short, you consider specific criteria as part of your assessment of the threat. It definitely helps you deconstruct hypothetical situations more effectively and be much more comfortable articulating your justification for the level of force used.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I am neither a cop nor a lawyer. But I would suggest you not try to articulate a single thing. STFU and let your lawyer do it. STFU immediately. Like don't say anything. At all. Nothing.

My planned response if I ever find myself in that situation. "Considering the gravity of this situation, I respectfully decline to make a statement."

Rob

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    . To distill and further summarize Fg64's post #156 :

This ( like most similar questions ) can not be answered with a catagorically Yea or No .

Per Rob's #157 :

At the immediate aftermath , you will either " stfu " , OR only make limited brief statement to effect of " he was attacking , I defended , that guy & that guy were witnesses " then stfu until lawyer .

With your lawyer , and at trial , subtleties of totality of circumstances will be important.

Assuming that you survive , of course .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom