• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock30Eric

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2013
    BERETTA CANNOT BREAK ITS CONTRACT WITH THE GOV'T. IF THEY DECIDED TO BREAK THE CONTRACT THEN THEY WILL BE DEBARRED TO MAKE A CONTRACT WITH GOV'T ON ALL LEVEL (FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL). THAT IS A SUICIDE MOVE ON BERETTA. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS.

Beretta's biggest customer is Gov't. Please give the respect where it is due at.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    How many of you guys have moved out of MD yet, or put your houses on the market? If it's so easy to leave, you should have done so by now (as I have...). If your excuse is "MD is my home state and I'll stay and fight", "well the kids are still in school", or "I can't sell my house without taking a SIGNIFICANT loss", you should be careful about casting stones.

I don't have time to make a proper response at the moment, but a few people in this thread have made good points on why they are staying for now... I will have to elaborate later... I've got a lot to say and I hope at least some of you will consider it.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB - GO PENS!

I 2nd this !!!If you guys think it easy to move than get off your butts and do it ! Than you have the right to cast stones ! Yes Beretta did threaten to move ( and eventually they still may! )But what else could they say Were staying no matter how SB281 ends up? Of coarse not!! There wasn't anything that could have changed the out come of SB281 MOM wanted it and did what ever it took to make it happen . We all saw how we came together to fight this battle !! And now all you guys want to sit and point fingers. Beretta is still on our side and not the enemy !! 1 battle has been lost! But there is a war to win and I see them Allie not the enemy!!

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    How many of you guys have moved out of MD yet, or put your houses on the market? If it's so easy to leave, you should have done so by now (as I have...). If your excuse is "MD is my home state and I'll stay and fight", "well the kids are still in school", or "I can't sell my house without taking a SIGNIFICANT loss", you should be careful about casting stones.

I don't have time to make a proper response at the moment, but a few people in this thread have made good points on why they are staying for now... I will have to elaborate later... I've got a lot to say and I hope at least some of you will consider it.

Si vis pacem para bellum

I 3rd this!

cz27jim

I *am* a curio and relic!
    Sep 27, 2012
    Jeff Reh, lead council for Beretta, USA got some SB281 legislation changed at the last minute, but got NOTHING for law abiding Marylanders. And they will be staying in Maryland. Looks like I won't be buying anything Beretta.

Yes, it is obvious that all of their TALK was simply about what was in Beretta's financial/business interest. It was never about standing up for what is right.

I was looking at a new Benelli shotgun. Not anymore.

earthwayjk

Dec 2, 2012
    SoHoCo
    What if it was you?

All of my fellow complainers of the "MOM" Admin what's holding you here? Texas is a great option, WV, PA, Montana, etc., it's not easy to make a case for moving just because of a political machine that wants to take away our RIGHTS. We have roots - family, friends, jobs, - we are happy here. I'd be happier if we had different political leadership but that's another story, this is about Beretta, and no I don't own one....yet.

We all talk a good story, but if everyone who wants to boycott a decent gun manufacturer who has more to lose than we do would consider something first. What if you work as a machinist or a clerk at Beretta and hear that the gov't wants to shut you down and that you are “evil” for making a product that protects people. Now you learn that the "best case scenario" is you are moving (to where??) worst case you get closed down. I would think that when management "knuckles under" and decides to stay – you would be relieved (I know I would) knowing that you would not either be out of a job or have to uproot my family and move because of some punks in Annapolis want to "shake their d_cks" in our collective faces. Yes, it was a great story that Beretta was fighting alongside the common-man against a political oppressor, and I suspect they have not stopped fighting, but they had to consider their business in total, not just the contracts, but also their employees. Their business is made up of families like yours and mine, and moving a factory is a lot more than repositioning machines from one place to another, as was noted in a prior post. I think moving the physical plant is less an issue than was losing highly technical, qualified people – if you think that a good machine and common non-technical people could make an M9 easy, you would have seen China knock that off long ago! Sorry I digress. Their lawyers can deal with the contracts and the politicians, but management is all about the people who make the products, and I think that the decision to stay despite the crap from MOM, says more about Beretta than them closing the doors and moving/running away. IMHO

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I hope they are looking at all their options going forward. I understand they can't pick up and leave as fast as Magpul. But they set-up a facility in a State that understands the 2A and supports it then they flip Martyland the bird. I am still looking hard at buying a Neos from them.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    All of my fellow complainers of the "MOM" Admin what's holding you here? Texas is a great option, WV, PA, Montana, etc., it's not easy to make a case for moving just because of a political machine that wants to take away our RIGHTS. We have roots - family, friends, jobs, - we are happy here. I'd be happier if we had different political leadership but that's another story, this is about Beretta, and no I don't own one....yet.

We all talk a good story, but if everyone who wants to boycott a decent gun manufacturer who has more to lose than we do would consider something first. What if you work as a machinist or a clerk at Beretta and hear that the gov't wants to shut you down and that you are “evil” for making a product that protects people. Now you learn that the "best case scenario" is you are moving (to where??) worst case you get closed down. I would think that when management "knuckles under" and decides to stay – you would be relieved (I know I would) knowing that you would not either be out of a job or have to uproot my family and move because of some punks in Annapolis want to "shake their d_cks" in our collective faces. Yes, it was a great story that Beretta was fighting alongside the common-man against a political oppressor, and I suspect they have not stopped fighting, but they had to consider their business in total, not just the contracts, but also their employees. Their business is made up of families like yours and mine, and moving a factory is a lot more than repositioning machines from one place to another, as was noted in a prior post. I think moving the physical plant is less an issue than was losing highly technical, qualified people – if you think that a good machine and common non-technical people could make an M9 easy, you would have seen China knock that off long ago! Sorry I digress. Their lawyers can deal with the contracts and the politicians, but management is all about the people who make the products, and I think that the decision to stay despite the crap from MOM, says more about Beretta than them closing the doors and moving/running away. IMHO

Well put ! I see we have more to gain with Beretta staying than moving !!

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I can only hope that before long the emotions will settle and the pro-gun community in Maryland will stop feeding on itself, and people will stop snapping at their friends instead of their enemies. This is just one of several issues where we are doing this. But for now I need to go to work. Enough of these issues for me for a while.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    My $.02:

My problem with Beretta at this time:

-They went on record and threatened the politicians with moving out of state. (Now they are not moving)

-They donate hundreds of dollars to Mike Miller's campaign. (I'm sure they donate to other politicians too, I just have seen their name on Miller's donor list)

-They worked behind the scenes specifically to carve out exemptions for their products. (Selfish and unacceptable)

-They did not stand and fight with us. I did not see them at the rallies, only at the hearings for the expert panels. Where was the rest of the Beretta management?

I'm not asking for them to up and run in the next three months. What I would want from Beretta would be a public statement that they are moving, followed by a plan to start phasing out the Maryland plant and phasing in a plant in another state. If that is truly not possible (and I don't believe that), I might even accept a public commitment from them to start supporting legislative candidates that are pro-2A instead of Mike Miller. How bout some pro-2A advertising so MSI doesn't have to take the brunt of that task? If they really want to fight with us then they need to start doing so or they can go straight down the shitter. I will not buy another product from them (be it hat, shirt, gun, or other) until they make an acceptable attempt at fighting with us or leaving the state. I am also doing the same with Remington up in New York State. They will not see another dollar from me either.

Beretta, if you're reading this, you better learn something from Smith and Wesson and more recently Dick's Sporting Goods. Fight with us or lose.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    No one is faulting them for not defaulting on govt contracts. Its the lack of action. I specifically remember getting home from Good Friday hearings and the Beretta twitter feed said "hey, me and 26 people are at the movies". The hearings were still going on at that point. Really could have used those 27 people at the hearings. Maybe the outcome would have been the same but they got carve outs and i didnt. Most of us also smell back room deals...

The extent of berettas resistance was about 25 minutes of strongly worded testimony. MDS put more heart into it than they did and it makes me sick.

MDLiberty

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 9, 2013
    AA Co.
    BERETTA CANNOT BREAK ITS CONTRACT WITH THE GOV'T. IF THEY DECIDED TO BREAK THE CONTRACT THEN THEY WILL BE DEBARRED TO MAKE A CONTRACT WITH GOV'T ON ALL LEVEL (FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL). THAT IS A SUICIDE MOVE ON BERETTA. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS.

Beretta's biggest customer is Gov't. Please give the respect where it is due at.

and the gov't may be their ONLY customer soon

Terphunter

Jul 25, 2012
    I am always amused when people bash a gun manufacturer!? Do think Beretta wanted ANY part of SB281?? Do you think they are anti 2 Second Amendment.....PLEASE! They MAKE firearms for crying out loud! You would be better served by not wasting your energy fighting somebody on OUR side and refocus on the politicians that want to disregard the Constitution!! Burn all your bridges and not focus on the REAL problem and you will be left to buy only Crossman air guns before long!

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    That's pretty much it - all these companies that continue to work with the States that are trying to strangle us are slowly doing it to themselves, too.

IF Maryland and all the liberal States continue to tighten down and eliminate guns from the civilian population (which, let's not kid ourselves is what they want), these companies will dry out and die along with it. I just don't get it.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    What makes all of you such experts in manufacturing and equipment moving ????? This was a extreamly hard desicision for Beretta! It would have costed the company 10's of millions of dollars !! There is no ready to go facility just over the bridge !!! Its a storage warehouse !! Unlike magPul that had injection molding equipment Which I might add are very easy to move and set up. Beretta requires over a 200000 Amp power service! There is many EPA Issues dealing with the Chrome line, Anodizing, Brunitron,Blueing,The DMP, Heat treating with caustic soda !Then there is the lead issues with the shooting tubes and EPA permits required before moving and redoing the building! Then they have 1200 HP of air compressors. Hundreds of mile of wires and air lines to power there equipment. Then there is moving and set up of there machines. The Matsui siki's took over a year to set up and thats just 6 machining centers! thay have several hundred ! then down time and not being able to deliver on contracts.There is Mag partical and metrololigy that needs a clean rooms that need a consistant air quality and temp.Beretta has its own tool grinding group that needs special air ventilation system. so does there polishing area. And what about the people that have been there 15-20 years? The avarage employee has been there 18 years. So what makes this a no brainer to just jump over the bridge??? I mentioned just a small bit of what needs to be done.You can love them or hate them . But if you have ever been there and seen both the tolarance , quality and Innovation You could better understand and appriciate what it takes to make a gun!

Irrelevant.

Nobody thought they should move tomorrow or next week. They should move eventually and anything less is a betrayal. Eventually could even be measured in years. In the future, anything Beretta says in testimony will be meaningless and it will probably be better for our community if they don't say anything at all. Frosh will say "they were full of it last time, let's ignore them" and the representatives will ignore it again because they know there will be no repercussions and MD gets to keep the tax revenue while infringing our rights.

As for the employees, I would jump at the chance to relocate to a free state if my company wanted to move so I don't really feel bad at the hypothetical possibility of Beretta's employees getting to do the same.

I will never buy a Beretta and I will actively encourage anyone and everyone I see to do the same.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I can only hope that before long the emotions will settle and the pro-gun community in Maryland will stop feeding on itself, and people will stop snapping at their friends instead of their enemies. This is just one of several issues where we are doing this. But for now I need to go to work. Enough of these issues for me for a while.

They donated to Mike Miller. How much did they donate to MSI? If you know the answer please share.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Irrelevant.

Nobody thought they should move tomorrow or next week. They should move eventually and anything less is a betrayal. Eventually could even be measured in years. In the future, anything Beretta says in testimony will be meaningless and it will probably be better for our community if they don't say anything at all. Frosh will say "they were full of it last time, let's ignore them" and the representatives will ignore it again because they know there will be no repercussions and MD gets to keep the tax revenue while infringing our rights.

As for the employees, I would jump at the chance to relocate to a free state if my company wanted to move so I don't really feel bad at the hypothetical possibility of Beretta's employees getting to do the same.

I will never buy a Beretta and I will actively encourage anyone and everyone I see to do the same.

You obviously Live in a happy world with the liberals of this state! and have no Idea of the real world and what it takes to not only run a business. But have employees with families ! I'm glad in your fairy world everyone can just uproot and do your bidding! As for the rest of us in the real world we will make the best of a bad situation, and fight this war for our 2nd Ammendment Rights ! Care to join us ? Or just continue to piss and moan ?

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia

Si vis pacem para bellum

The stable called, your high horse is ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom