• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I don't think I will boycott them for staying in MD, but might for supporting Miller. The thing is, a lot of manufacturers make things I want more than what Beretta makes, and I only have so much time and money, so the point is probably moot.

This^...the Miller supporting does it for me.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Honestly, it doesn't really change my opinion of them, simply because I've never been a big fan of Beretta to begin with. Granted, the only one I've ever fired was the M9 in the Army, but it just never felt right. Too big and clunky, safety is in a horrible position for quick reaction use if you have small hands, and the slide seemed overly stiff to me. I've found others that work better for me, like the P226 that is being fielded along side the M9 now.

The other difference is the customer base if their respective states. Colorado is a HUGE consumer of firearm related products; Maryland, not so much. I don't have numbers, but I would be surprised if Beretta sold more than 1000 units in Maryland last year. Also, we have to remember that ultimately Beretta is owned by an Italian family. A country that I might add got their asses clocked by the US in WWII.

They may eventually move out of Maryland, but it will be based on the expense of running a company here and not on a core 2A conviction.

BMassBMore

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    You can't expect a company like Beretta to simply pick up and move in a matter of a few weeks. Did you actually read the whole thing? Beretta will not be growing in Maryland - their new facilities will be built in other states, and over time, they will likely move their current operations. But they won't cripple their business by moving immediately just to make a point.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    My take on it, if Beretta expands even 1 inch in Maryland, they are sell outs. If they just honor their existing contracts and expand elsewhere, cool.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Jeff Reh, lead council for Beretta, USA got some SB281 legislation changed at the last minute, but got NOTHING for law abiding Marylanders. And they will be staying in Maryland. Looks like I won't be buying anything Beretta.

You just knew that MOM never thought they would leave due to whatever Pass the state gave manufactures that also lined their pockets. Beretta saber rattling was half a show for the consumers as well as it was there leverage to get whatever deal they new they would get for staying. MOM, the state, and Beretta new they were not going anywhere. This was just an opportunity for them to pay less taxes or whatever deal they got for staying. MOM was not going to let all that money go. For no other reason his opponents would have ammo against him if he did trying to show poor leadership.

If anything you may see more firearms manufactures come to Maryland if they can get the same deal.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    I have a model 21 in .25 ACP, great little pocket pistol, very reliable though expensive to shoot. Got mine over 20 years ago. Have a 92FS, reliable and good looking gun but clunky and way too big for 15 shots compared to a smaller sleeker Glock 19.

NO more berettas for me. Same with ruger and colt and smith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom