• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dc44

Dec 26, 2012
    http://blog.berettausa.com/bid/292160/Response-to-Gov-O-Malley-s-signature-of-SB281-Your-Gun-Rights

In that respect we are mindful of two objectives: We will not let passage of this legislation prevent us from providing on-time delivery of our products to our U.S. Armed Forces and other important customers. We also will not go forward in a way that compounds the insult made to ourMarylandemployees by their Governor and by the legislators who supported his efforts.

Sounds like they have Federal contract obligations to keep MFG ops within the state, but may be moving civilian production elsewhere.

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    Jeff Reh, lead council for Beretta, USA got some SB281 legislation changed at the last minute, but got NOTHING for law abiding Marylanders. And they will be staying in Maryland. Looks like I won't be buying anything Beretta.

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    Really, REALLY disappointed.

I love my 92, and I love Berettas, but you gotta own up to all that shit you testified too, Beretta.

I guess "Berettas don't bluff" was ********.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    F*** THEM!

Seriously, share this story on every gun board on the net. We will make them regret this decision.

NO ONE BETTER BUY AN ARX100. NO ONE OR WE WILL DISOWN YOU.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    MOM and Mike Miller called their bluff and it wasnt difficult to do. Beretta didnt even put their heart into it, hedging or walking back threats every time.

Add them to the list of sellouts. They'll probably get some MSP contract next year.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Sometimes you're called to stand for something and judged by whether or not you do, Beretta apparently stands for nothing. I'll spend my gun dollars elsewhere.

dc44

Dec 26, 2012
    honestly the hostility here may be a little unfounded.. the company has contractual obligations to supply the US armed forces with small arms and would be unable to fulfill these obligations if they invested energies in leaving the state immediately over a political message.

Their manufacturing processes aren't nearly as compartmentalized as an injection-molded components manufacturer like Magpul. Executing a bad pack up and move (especially if liquidated damage clauses are in force) could bankrupt the US portion of the company.

Until I see them breaking ground on a new warehouse on this side of the river or giving a press release stating their intention to stay indefinitely, I'll hold off on final judgment.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I want a M9 too...........count me out.

I can appreciate them trying to fill the orders to keep our boys/girls of the military safe, hell I can even respect it. But I will not be buying any personal firearms from their commerical section.

Gdud50

Apr 8, 2013
    Let's see how long it takes them to move out of state. Currently, I'm extremely disappointed with Beretta.

Last edited:

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    State called their bluff and looks like MOM won for now. I too will not be buying the Benelli Super Black Eagle, I was planning on getting for waterfowl later this year. Will look at them again if they move out of state.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    Very disappointed. Beretta was my first handgun...been replaced with my glock but now I know I wont be purchasing any new beretta's in the near future maybe used but doubtful as I like to buy my guns new ( with the rare exception). sucks because I really enjoy benelli shotguns.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    New production is moving, and over time so will the rest.

This is not like magpul.. it not that easy to retool.

Now boycott if you want, but then there will be no reason to move--- ever..

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    honestly the hostility here may be a little unfounded.. the company has contractual obligations to supply the US armed forces with small arms and would be unable to fulfill these obligations if they invested energies in leaving the state immediately over a political message.

Their manufacturing processes aren't nearly as compartmentalized as an injection-molded components manufacturer like Magpul

Moving is difficult but they were the only ones who could have stopped this monster. They are the largest emplyer in the senate presidents home district! They mailed it in and most of us smelled it by mid-february.

I'll say it: i think they are fine with sb281 and were simply going through the motions. If i recall correctly, the ARX is legal post ban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom