• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Just did mine there this week. Bring your filled out card, your id and $15. They scan your prints and print them to your card. Make sure they sign and write their phone number.

And stamp! I may or may not have left with out the card stamped and may or may not have had to go back.:innocent0

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I drove to Laurel. For $15, they did the electronic scan then printed the cards for Virginia and Florida. I haven't been rejected for the cards yet, but will let you know if they are returned!

For Utah, I went to Worth-a-Shot in Millersville and was ink printed at the shop as part of the course. Those prints weren't as good, but were ink - so I guess we'll see!

They did my cards for my VA app. No issues, card is in my wallet as I type this (has been for months).

HokieKev

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Va Non-resident

And stamp! I may or may not have left with out the card stamped and may or may not have had to go back.:innocent0

Looks like your money order was cashed on 2/21. Mine was cashed on 2/28... so I would love to hear about it when you finally get your permit... Mine should be abut a week behind.

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    I also had problems finding local maryland police departments that did fingerprinting. Some of the local stations no longer offered the service while others did it once or twice a week for only a few specified hours.

I just bit the bullet and went to the closest VA police barracks and had them do it. The trooper was really cool and the process was actually an enjoyable experience (minus the drive). I realize that Cambridge is much further than where I was coming from but if you go to a VA state police barracks then chances are that there won't be a problem which would delay your application.

Keep in mind to make sure that whatever department does your prints to make sure that the sign, date and include their address, phone number and department stamp. I noticed when I was back on the road that they neglected to put their stamp and phone number. Luckily I was still close.

This is not a problem as we are heading to Williamsburg on Monday for a few days. I will stop in to one of the Barracks on my way. This is the only hold up at this point as I could never get a hold of anyone to verify if they accepted livescan printed on their 258 card. Thanks for the input everyone

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    Finally got my prints done. I went to the VSP on Airport Rd in Williamsburg. Walked in and had them done for ten dollars. I got my money, notorized my app and mailed it in today. Let the wait begin

Mar 12, 2013
    MoCo
    My experience

Just received mine

3/16/13 - App received by Virginia State Police (USPS confirmation)
    3/24/13 - Payment processed (date on letter)
    5/10/13 - Permit issued
    5/13/13 - Permit notification letter dated
    5/20/13 - Permit postmarked
    5/22/13 - Permit received

jaycee2004

Apr 17, 2009
    Cambridge
    Just received mine

3/16/13 - App received by Virginia State Police (USPS confirmation)
    3/24/13 - Payment processed (date on letter)
    5/10/13 - Permit issued
    5/13/13 - Permit notification letter dated
    5/20/13 - Permit postmarked
    5/22/13 - Permit received

Not a bad turn around time. Looks like I should have about another month to go

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Mailed 7/3
    Checked cleared 7/16 (received letter of receipt of payment)
    Received permit 8/24

My Fl and Utah came exactly same days! Weird.

Awesome congrats! I should be expecting around the end of September. I just hope getting that permit will be good enough for my Ffl to release to me. But I doubt it. Thanks for your response!

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Virginia Non-Resident CHP

Has anyone got a va chp recently? I just got my letter last week that said 3 months

Received yesterday, less than 60 days from the date submitted! Waiting on Utah, Arizona, & Florida (all under 60 days so far)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom