• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Bump

Anyone have some recent dates?

Mine went in the mail today so seeing how long a wait might be.

Trying to figure out what comes first, NFA tax stamp sent last week or VA Non Resident CCW.

Which side you on, I'm guessing CCW.

Sent from a galaxy far, far, away....

It took 60 days just to get back a replacement permit for me.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Bump

Anyone have some recent dates?

Mine went in the mail today so seeing how long a wait might be.

Trying to figure out what comes first, NFA tax stamp sent last week or VA Non Resident CCW.

Which side you on, I'm guessing CCW.

I sent in my application for the VA CCW permit just before Christmas. I got a letter from the VA state authorities in early January saying that they had received my application and the fee. The letter said that the current processing time is approximately 90 days, so my guess is that I will not get the CCW permit for another month at least.

Cal68

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Just remember, things have and are changing in Virginia, July 1, 2016, you dont have to worry about it as long as you have one from another state!

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Just remember, things have and are changing in Virginia, July 1, 2016, you dont have to worry about it as long as you have one from another state!

What changes are those? I was under the impression that they were going to maintain all their relationships and the only real changes were background checks and protective orders as they relate to sales and transfers.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    No, VA will honor ALL permits July 1. Part of the deal McAwful worked out with the Repubs.

But having a VA NR makes it complaint with the GFSZA.

Attachments

• GFSA ATF letter.pdf
      843.7 KB · Views: 186

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    No, VA will honor ALL permits July 1. Part of the deal McAwful worked out with the Repubs.

But having a VA NR makes it complaint with the GFSZA.

Your document is not showing up. Can you sum up what you posted or send a link to it?

I don't see anything in any of my prior or current looking that says anything about issues July 1.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    BATF opinion that says to be in compliance with GFSZA you must have a permit from the state where the school is located

not a huge deal because GFSZA charges are usually added to other charges if there are more than one charge

From VSP WEB page:

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Reciprocity.shtm

Attachments

• vsp.JPG
      vsp.JPG
      80.3 KB · Views: 245

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Gotcha. Maybe I'll get a Utah at some point too. I have no plans to be carrying any place truthfully. This was just to get so when the kids get older if we went camping in VA I could bring something with me.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I sent in my application for the VA CCW permit just before Christmas. I got a letter from the VA state authorities in early January saying that they had received my application and the fee. The letter said that the current processing time is approximately 90 days, so my guess is that I will not get the CCW permit for another month at least.

Cal68

I received my non-resident VA CCW permit on Friday (18 March 2016), which was just under the 90 days of processing time that the state authorities told me when they received my application.

Cal68

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I received my non-resident VA CCW permit on Friday (18 March 2016), which was just under the 90 days of processing time that the state authorities told me when they received my application.

Cal68

I still have not gotten a letter saying they received my stuff. Been a couple weeks now, may check in with them if nothing by next week.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I still have not gotten a letter saying they received my stuff. Been a couple weeks now, may check in with them if nothing by next week.

Of course I wrote that and the letter came today, 90 days from March 17.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I went to apply for my resident permit today, as I didn't renew it last year. I forgot that they (the county) lowered the cost for the permit. After giving her my card, because I heard $50, she mentioned that it would be a total of $17.50 after the convenience fee. The bulb in my head didn't light up until after she punched my card through. I had $15 in my pocket :( Oh well, at least it's done now.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Of course I wrote that and the letter came today, 90 days from March 17.

9 days to go, unless they only counting "business days" in their 90 day statement. If it's only business days that would be another month and a half.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    Don't want this to be a thread jack, but anyone do a resident permit through Fairfax recently? How long was your wait?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom