• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sonofagun

Mar 8, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    NDAA 2012 - Transfer to Gitmo without due process, without notification, without habeas corpus protections. Is it legal? Who knows, no one knows if it has actually been used.
    These people that you speak of are on the field of battle w/ US troops.

The MDGA cannot write bills or laws that suspend habeas coruus for any citizen of MD. PERIOD.

Last edited:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This has everything to do w/ MDAG Frosh.

My thoughts for this ramrod action is that the Dumbocrats think that they can get this bill passed, have the Honorable Larry Hogan veto it, then the Dumbocrats can still overturn it w/ enough votes.

This bill is an over reach, abuse, fill in you own adjective, of POWER. If Brian Frosh released a position statement that shows this bill is FAVORABLE lets just say he's going to have to do a lot of explaining in the near future.

You can think what you want, but Frosh is not pushing this, Busch is.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    These people that you speak of are on the field of battle w/ US troops.

The MDAG cannot write bills or laws that suspend habeas coruus for any citizen of MD. PERIOD.

The MD AG can't write bills at all, so what's your point?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    This has everything to do w/ MDAG Frosh.

My thoughts for this ramrod action is that the Dumbocrats think that they can get this bill passed, have the Honorable Larry Hogan veto it, then the Dumbocrats can still overturn it w/ enough votes.

This bill is an over reach, abuse, fill in you own adjective, of POWER. If Brian Frosh released a position statement that shows this bill is FAVORABLE lets just say he's going to have to do a lot of explaining in the near future.

Frosh doesn't make the law, he interprets and defends it once passed. Of course, we all know where Frosh stands on 2A Constitutional issues.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Did anyone ever come up with his office's legal opinion on this bill? It was mentioned that it had been requested by one of the reps. in a hearing, iirc.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Did anyone ever come up with his office's legal opinion on this bill? It was mentioned that it had been requested by one of the reps. in a hearing, iirc.

They sure did, but shhhhh ... it's SECRET ... like the terrorist watch list. :rolleyes: The DemocRATS probably hope that they can tie it up in court long enough to do sufficient damage to Hogan's re-election campaign.

We aren't dealing with reason and rule of law anymore. We're dealing with raw, down-and-dirty politics. Frosh's role is to obfuscate and delay ANY opinion that would support a Hogan veto.

Madison NAILED it ...

Attachments

• james-madison-tyranny.jpg
      james-madison-tyranny.jpg
      21.7 KB · Views: 235

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    They sure did, but shhhhh ... it's SECRET. The DemocRATS probably hope that they can tie it up in court long enough to do sufficient damage to Hogan's re-election campaign.

We aren't dealing with reason and rule of law anymore. We're dealing with raw, down-and-dirty politics. Frosh's role is to obfuscate and delay ANY opinion that would support a Hogan veto.

Madison NAILED it ...

Who does the AG work for?

Word is out that an opinion was requested.

One would think that if there is an opinion, it should be publicly available, or at a minimum available to the MGA's minority as well as the majority, if not to the public at large. Or, has the bill been amended so as to require a new or modified opinion, conveniently too late before a vote? Or is other skulduggery at play?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    This morning it was time to bitch slap the Democrats with the M word – – that's right, time for these M&M bootlicks to be confronted with the McCarthy Era tactics embedded in their Terror Watchlist bill.

Of course, these Soviet apparatchiks just ran away from our history lesson. Watch it and then launch it into the digital wind to see how far it will go.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    You really need to get a better grasp on how things work down there. Would you feel better if they had a committee vote and the bills failed?

To break up these 2 sentences...

You have no idea how much I know about what goes on down there. In case you think I'm just some new guy that fell off a turnip truck, I have been at this since 1988 with both gun and hunting laws.

And...YES...I'd feel GREAT if they had both Committee votes AND full floor votes and it failed. That is what I want (because I know that is what will happen), so they can all be exposed for their votes. It is why I have been trying to get one or both of them petitioned out of Committee for years, in front of them, to their face.

Y'all can go ahead and smoke Vallario's pipe. I'm not doin' it. If they all want to succumb to blackmail via Mike & Mike, then that makes them tools of tyranny.

Sorry to get off topic, but this torqued me off.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

One would think that if there is an opinion, it should be publicly available, or at a minimum available to the MGA's minority as well as the majority, if not to the public at large. Or, has the bill been amended so as to require a new or modified opinion, conveniently too late before a vote? Or is other skulduggery at play?

It seems to me that only the President and specific designees at the Federal level can classify information, and only National Security Information. So what's with the SECRET opinion?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

As noted in one of our videos, Miller & Busch are said to be re-writing the Terror Watchlist bill to try to get it to Hogan's veto pen. They just want that veto for the next election cycle.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Also, can you tell me where I am off track with this:

How about this for an aray-style poison pill: if the bill becomes law, the the Terror Watchlist becomes yet another check box--except failure to access the data represents an INCOMPLETE/PENDING investigation. It is NOT a disapproval but incomplete.

After the 7-day wait an FFL is free to hand over a purchased firearm while the MSP puts the background paperwork on the stack with all the other incomplete investigations.

So we ask legislators, are you sure you're not creating a system where stalled background checks pile up but firearms are going out the door anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom