• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I thought the Bill targeted wear and carry, not purchases. That is what the Shannon lamented.

There was an amendment submitted 4 days later to change that in the house (HB1000) that also showed up in the hearing for SB1040, to correct the language to affect purchase and HQL.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Great news!!! One of the things that shocked the GA in 2013 was that we melted down their email system. We need to increase our pressure now; an email only takes a few minutes, and in concert with others really sends that message of shock & awe.

Pour it on folks!

This!!

The Friendlies get a mite annoyed, but with enough 'encouragement', I hope they'll find ways to pressure their colleagues into breaking ranks.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    So are all of those people that bashed Vallario relentlessly prepared to concede he isn't the worst person in the world?

I've argued for years he was far more friendly than people gave him credit for.

He isn't a gun lover that is constantly putting out friendly bills destined to die, but he sure as hell isn't looking for ways to make our lives more difficult.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    How about this for an aray-style poison pill: if the bill becomes law, the the Terror Watchlist becomes yet another check box--except failure to access the data represents an INCOMPLETE/PENDING investigation. It is NOT a disapproval but incomplete.

After the 7-day wait an FFL is free to hand over a purchased firearm while the MSP puts the background paperwork on the stack with all the other incomplete investigations.

So we ask legislators, are you sure you're not creating a system where stalled background checks pile up but firearms are going out the door anyway?

Last edited:

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    For those of us who've never done this before...logistics?
    Where park
    How long to get from parking to the right place
    Where is the right place

I know there was a post with this. ..but cannot find it with my phone. .
    Thanks
    M

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I finally kicked my family off the real computer and found it..

post here:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=4263408&postcount=64

picture here

http://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=173331&stc=1&d=1457703190

maybe there should be a sticky: first timers guide to going to annapolis to voice your opinion....with all this stuff in one place.
    like the crap about how many copies of written testimony, and where to sign up...etc.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    How about this for an aray-style poison pill: if the bill becomes law, the the Terror Watchlist becomes yet another check box--except failure to access the data represents an INCOMPLETE/PENDING investigation. It is NOT a disapproval but incomplete.

After the 7-day wait an FFL is free to hand over a purchased firearm while the MSP puts the background paperwork on the stack with all the other incomplete investigations.

So we ask legislators, are you sure you're not creating a system where stalled background checks pile up but firearms are going out the door anyway?

Excellent Catch-22

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    how insane is it that the only way you can be heard is catching your legislation walking to and from work?

trading more freedom for security bs

has there been one md terrorist incident where they purchased a legal firearm used in some sort of terror event.?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So are all of those people that bashed Vallario relentlessly prepared to concede he isn't the worst person in the world?

He isn't a gun lover that is constantly putting out friendly bills destined to die, but he sure as hell isn't looking for ways to make our lives more difficult.

He still has the handshake of a corpse.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg

Horse manure!!

If he's so damn friendly, where are the Committee votes on HB375 & HB1260??

Same bills come up every year and he buries them.

He is a tool of tyranny, simple as that.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    how insane is it that the only way you can be heard is catching your legislation walking to and from work?

trading more freedom for security bs

has there been one md terrorist incident where they purchased a legal firearm used in some sort of terror event.?

Since when does that have anything to do with it? SB281 was in response to Sandy Hook and had nothing to do wtih MD.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Since when does that have anything to do with it? SB281 was in response to Sandy Hook and had nothing to do wtih MD.

SB281 was pushed through to give Martin O'Malley a pathway to the Democratic Presidential nomination.
    SB1040 is being pushed through to bolster Chris Van Hollen's chances for a seat in the U.S. Senate.

There isn't the remotest connection to keeping Maryland safe or increasing our security.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Rats are using the Tunnel to cross to the Statehouse to avoid us, but Bikebreath ain't letting that happen

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      121.6 KB · Views: 248

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

And The Chairman held it as long as he could because he didn't like it. Hell, he worked with us to turn it into 5 work group (one for each of the sections of the law it changed).

O'Malley was the issue in 2013, because he, along with the Speaker of the House and The President of the Senate, threatened each and every Democrat with their committee appointments and all discretionary funding for their districts for the 2014 & 2015 fiscal years, if they did not vote this bill out of committee. O'Malley and the Mike&Mike show were gracious enough to "allow" them to approve 10 amendments to the bill.

Sorry for the thread derail....back on subject.

Hammer Mike and Mike on their phones and e-mail, they are hating life right now, and the more uncomfortable we make them, the harder it will be for them to do anything under the table.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The Rats are using the Tunnel to cross to the Statehouse to avoid us, but Bikebreath ain't letting that happen

OMG, you drove the Md. Gen. ASS. rats underground. They really don't like being strictly scrutinized for their acts and deeds in the light of day, do they?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Horse manure!!

If he's so damn friendly, where are the Committee votes on HB375 & HB1260??

Same bills come up every year and he buries them.

He is a tool of tyranny, simple as that.

He buries them because they are DOA. The leadership doesn't want their people voting on gun bills to protect them from scrutiny and controversy. They also simply don't want them to pass. If you can't figure that out, I can't help you. If the leadership told their minions they wanted this bill to pass, it would.

There's a difference between being friendly and being a pro gun activist; I made that abundantly clear.

You really need to get a better grasp on how things work down there. Would you feel better if they had a committee vote and the bills failed? Because I'd bet a lot of money that if he just had a vote they'd go nowhere.

Sonofagun

Mar 8, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    This new push has nothing to do with Frosh and everything to do with the Speaker wanting what he wants.
    This has everything to do w/ MDAG Frosh.

My thoughts for this ramrod action is that the Dumbocrats think that they can get this bill passed, have the Honorable Larry Hogan veto it, then the Dumbocrats can still overturn it w/ enough votes.

This bill is an over reach, abuse, fill in you own adjective, of POWER. If Brian Frosh released a position statement that shows this bill is FAVORABLE lets just say he's going to have to do a lot of explaining in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom