• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    I put in calls to Busch and Miller

Both took my info and said they would pass along the message to oppose the bill. Phones were tinging in the background, and they sounded busy. Keep up the good work!

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Chairman Vallario, who has earned our respect.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      37.3 KB · Views: 262

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The Chairman told us he was pissed that the Campus Concealed Carry Ban was hijacked and placed with the Looney Appropriations knuckleheads.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      52.1 KB · Views: 254

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    "Call to action" email from MSI said contact Vallario and committee. Maybe send out a new call to action?

While the Chairman isn't the issue, calls to his office help the cause. We will have a 2nd e-mail going out this weekend to hit the Speaker and the rest of the Dem apparatus.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If this passes, can we hold Frosh's feet to the fire via the MSP to force the FBI to provide access to the list?

After he gets slapped down, we can use it against him during his next political election?

[Yes, Don Quixote would be very proud]

Here is the problem with that thought. If this bill passes and MSP has to get the information from the FBI in order to approve a purchase, then when MSP does not get that information because it is classified, MSP will have to deny the purchase because they cannot determine if the person is on the list. At which point, this bill becomes a defect ban on the purchase of all handguns.

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    From the streets, your Call to Action. This is the "unplugged" version with the EL1227 Patriot Remix on the way:

For those of us who've never done this before...logistics?
    Where park
    How long to get from parking to the right place
    Where is the right place

I know there was a post with this. ..but cannot find it with my phone. .
    Thanks
    M

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    For those of us who've never done this before...logistics?
    Where park
    How long to get from parking to the right place
    Where is the right place

I know there was a post with this. ..but cannot find it with my phone. .
    Thanks
    M

You can find some short term free parking in the residential areas between St. John's College and the City Dock. There is also paid parking at Gott's Court Garage. These are very close (2-5 minute walk) to Lawyers Mall.

A little more of a hike (20 minutes) is to park at the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium. If you don't want to wear out your shoes, there is a shuttle bus you can hop on for $2.00 but walking will get you there almost as quickly.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Cross-posting from our Patriot Picket thread this morning. Look for a CALL TO ACTION video to be up this afternoon.

Back on the bricks this morning, this time with Delegate Trent Kittleman from District 9A, Howard & Carroll counties. She says the two Mike Morons are hammering their people hard to push the Terror Watchlist Firearm Purchase Ban through. They are apparently rewriting the language to create the biggest wedge issue they can should it become veto bait for Gov. Hogan.

Also, I caught bill sponsor Senator Rosapepe crossing the street and laid into him AGAIN. I accused him of being an anti-American Marcarthyite who should be ashamed for violating his Oath of Office. I yelled that he was a disgrace and that this was nothing more than a political bumper sticker in an election year. And topped it off with "YOU'RE A MORON! at the top of my lungs. Needless to say he was shocked to have a flag waving patriot in his face. He looked, as he did the other day, like he was punched in the gut.

The word on the street is that Miller and Bush or trying to lock this thing up by pushing for committee vote today and a floor vote as soon as tomorrow. Apparently the Maryland Democratic party director is telling Democraps that there's Bloomberg reward money in it for them in the form of donations and PAC ads.

All right Patriot Pickets--join me in the sidewalk at Lawyer's Mall tomorrow morning from 9:15am to 10:15 to confront delegates as they cross the street. Bring an American flag or Maryland flag to drive home the point that this is a war between Soviet Secret List punishments and American values.

Join our modern day Paul Revere 'on the bricks' in Nap'Town tomorrow at 9:15

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    You can find some short term free parking in the residential areas between St. John's College and the City Dock. There is also paid parking at Gott's Court Garage. These are very close (2-5 minute walk) to Lawyers Mall.

A little more of a hike (20 minutes) is to park at the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium. If you don't want to wear out your shoes, there is a shuttle bus you can hop on for $2.00 but walking will get you there almost as quickly.
    Some where, some one posted a map, a satellite photo with the areas marked.
    Where'd that go?
    M

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    While the Chairman isn't the issue, calls to his office help the cause. We will have a 2nd e-mail going out this weekend to hit the Speaker and the rest of the Dem apparatus.

Okay, thanks. I got in a couple calls today, and will be making more tomorrow.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Here is the problem with that thought. If this bill passes and MSP has to get the information from the FBI in order to approve a purchase, then when MSP does not get that information because it is classified, MSP will have to deny the purchase because they cannot determine if the person is on the list. At which point, this bill becomes a defect ban on the purchase of all handguns.

I thought the Bill targeted wear and carry, not purchases. That is what the Shannon lamented.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Some where, some one posted a map, a satellite photo with the areas marked.
    Where'd that go?
    M

From Rt 50, exit at Rowe Blvd and stay on it until it deadends into Lawyers Mall.

Left there on College Ave with street parking down two blocks on the left. Or go to the traffic light, turn left and park along the Academy wall.

Or go THROUGH the light and look for 2 hour spaces in the residential neighborhood there.

Or RIGHT at the light and look for spaces as you proceed toward the Naval Academy Gate.

I have never failed to find a 2hour spot more than a couple of blocks away. Happy hunting.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I got a bounce message saying the mailbox was full, not that the address was bad.

Great news!!! One of the things that shocked the GA in 2013 was that we melted down their email system. We need to increase our pressure now; an email only takes a few minutes, and in concert with others really sends that message of shock & awe.

Pour it on folks!

Mr H

Banana'd
    Sending this... I'm sure I missed some significant pieces (that's what I get for not making notes!!!)

First, I apologize to the good folk who agree with my positions for sending you yet another screed on the idiocy and Unconstitutionality of HB1000/SB1040. But, if not for the insistence of your opposition leadership demanding the creation of a tyrannical state, this wouldn't be needed. They should be ashamed... but won't be. So, I call on the true Americans to cajole, persuade or (if needed) call out their colleagues on what is substantially right for the state.

Once again, we see a push to bypass the Constitution, relying on untenable (and unattainable) resources, in an attempt to further infringe the Right of Marylanders to a viable means of self-protection. Additionally, these bills will be a classic "camel's nose under the tent" for the remainder of our Constitutional protections.

But enough of the 'old hat' generalities.

These bills are being perpetuated in order to capitalize on rare, specific issues, yet the ostensible purpose would have absolutely zero effect on public safety in Maryland (despite Rep. van Hollen's sudden and curious support for the concept). Thus, we are left to question the actual purpose.

My reading (and that of other, even more experienced people) is that this is simply to create additional impediments to private firearms ownership in Maryland, as well as the [threat of] creation of additional criminals from the ranks of the otherwise law-abiding.

Oh, wait... Annapolis, we have a problem!

The chances of the State Police actually being granted access to the "Terror Watch List" are currently somewhere between slim and none, and even if they were to be granted access, it would likely be years.

If Pres. Miller and Speaker Busch could identify some real windmills at which we could tilt, they might get some help. As it is, I encourage everyone in the General Assembly to push back against these failing 'leaders'--who are apparently desperate to complete a mission--and give real Marylanders an opportunity to reclaim their state and their Rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom