• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I got a reply from Del. Bob Long:

Thank you for voicing your concerns about proposed firearms legislation that would limit our rights under the 2nd Amendment. These bills will be referred to the Judiciary Committee. Should any of them make it through committee, I will work hard to fight against them on the the floor.

As a Life member of the NRA, I have been a strength defender of our second amendment rights. Please make your voice known to the members of the House Judiciary Committee and keep up the good fight!

If I can be of assistance on this or any other issue in the future, do not hesitate to contact me again.

:thumbsup:

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I doubt the MSP would have the requisite clearance level to access the list. If they started after the bill was enacted it still would take over a year for the SSBI. And a new billet would have to be justified and created for the individual named for access - that would take forever too.

IMO, the best the MSP could do would be to send someone's name in to the authorities and get a yes/no answer.

Or, they'll just deny everyone until they get a "not disapproved" back from DHS.

Note: I am not LR. :P

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Received the following from Delegate Deborah Rey:

Thank you for contacting me regarding this bill. You should know I am leading the Republican Caucus in the fight against this legislation. I am glad you are involved and I need your help. Please watch this link and send it on to your friends. The link is the Judiciary Committee's hearing on HB 1000. http://mgahouse.maryland.gov/mga/pl...8a42-4438-a7da-93ff74bdaa4c&playfrom=12464000

It is important we get as many people calling into their legislators as possible. The House Republicans are against this bill. I recommend focusing on the Democrats.

Received that today as well... Seems she believes it can be won, as long as the pressure continues.

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    auto bounce from Busch...something about "yeah yeah, you're "important" but people from District 30 are my primary blah blah blah".

nothing from dumais.
    by the by...it was really really really hard to not accidentally mis-spell "dumais".
    so tempting but....no....high road and all....

-m

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    The Civic Action email system seems to work fine... it's just a matter, I guess, of who actually bothers to read and respond.

Funny thing, though...

The (non-auto) replies I get are almost exclusively friendlies. It's rare I get an actual note back from the opposition, and then it's usually a smokescreen, a denial of what we know, or "ees no my committee, meng"...

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    The Civic Action email system seems to work fine... it's just a matter, I guess, of who actually bothers to read and respond.

Funny thing, though...

The (non-auto) replies I get are almost exclusively friendlies. It's rare I get an actual note back from the opposition, and then it's usually a smokescreen, a denial of what we know, or "ees no my committee, meng"...

But ... send them a threatening note and you'd get an 'up close and personal' response ... within the hour.

Just sayin' :deal: :nono: :cop:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Well, I sent a screed to Busch via email.

In addition to those points above, I included this nugget, to personalize it.

"--The risk of abuse is very high, as demonstrated recently, when every single member of all of the UK's rifle clubs were entered onto the UK-version of this list.
    I believe you are a gun owner and likely a member of a gun club; I'm sure you would not agree with your own name being put on the US version of the Terror Watch list and your own constitutional rights abridged because of that membership."

We'll see.

-M

Nice touch! Personal like... Alinsky approves!

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    I used the mailing web site above to get all the addresses. I changed the subject and boy to represent the respective bill number for the House and Senate and sent an email message to all of them from my account.

I received failure bounce-backs from:

kathryn.afzali@house.state.md.us
    craig.zucker@house.state.md.us
    james.proctor@house.state.md.us
    c.t.wilson@house.state.md.us
    christopher.shank@senate.state.md.us
    joseph.getty@senate.state.md.us
    karen.montgomery@senate.state.md.us

UPDATE: I received an autoreply from Kelly.Schulz@house.state.md.us that she is no longer with the Md. Gen. Ass. The list at the web site states it was last updated April 2015
    Getty is gone as well, replaced by Justin Ready

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Cross-posting from our Patriot Picket thread this morning. Look for a CALL TO ACTION video to be up this afternoon.

Back on the bricks this morning, this time with Delegate Trent Kittleman from District 9A, Howard & Carroll counties. She says the two Mike Morons are hammering their people hard to push the Terror Watchlist Firearm Purchase Ban through. They are apparently rewriting the language to create the biggest wedge issue they can should it become veto bait for Gov. Hogan.

Also, I caught bill sponsor Senator Rosapepe crossing the street and laid into him AGAIN. I accused him of being an anti-American Marcarthyite who should be ashamed for violating his Oath of Office. I yelled that he was a disgrace and that this was nothing more than a political bumper sticker in an election year. And topped it off with "YOU'RE A MORON! at the top of my lungs. Needless to say he was shocked to have a flag waving patriot in his face. He looked, as he did the other day, like he was punched in the gut.

The word on the street is that Miller and Bush or trying to lock this thing up by pushing for committee vote today and a floor vote as soon as tomorrow. Apparently the Maryland Democratic party director is telling Democraps that there's Bloomberg reward money in it for them in the form of donations and PAC ads.

All right Patriot Pickets--join me in the sidewalk at Lawyer's Mall tomorrow morning from 9:15am to 10:15 to confront delegates as they cross the street. Bring an American flag or Maryland flag to drive home the point that this is a war between Soviet Secret List punishments and American values.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      138.6 KB · Views: 228

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I got an email reply from Brochin (only the 2nd so far that is not an auto-reply):

I don’t think we should be using the flawed terrorist watch list for this.

After his vote for FSA2013, this is a bit open to interpretation.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    auto bounce from Busch...something about "yeah yeah, you're "important" but people from District 30 are my primary blah blah blah".

nothing from dumais.
    by the by...it was really really really hard to not accidentally mis-spell "dumais".

-m

What a piece of absolute shit Miller is. If his main concern is the people of District 30, then maybe he should step down from the position he holds that makes the people of the whole damn state his main concern.

I'd sure like a copy of the response you got.

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    What a piece of absolute shit Miller is. If his main concern is the people of District 30, then maybe he should step down from the position he holds that makes the people of the whole damn state his main concern.

I'd sure like a copy of the response you got.

This is what I got:

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate hearing from you, and I want you to know I received your email. If you have a scheduling request or need immediate assistance, please call my office at 410-841-3800.

As Speaker of the House, I often receive email from around the State encouraging me to support or oppose various proposals. I appreciate everyone who takes time to share their opinion. But I may not have the time to respond to every email since my priority is to my constituents in District 30.

If your email pertains to the status of a particular piece of legislation, I hope you will visit the General Assembly’s website at http://mgaleg.maryland.gov. The site provides a wealth of useful information about the legislature, hearing schedules, briefings from the Department of Legislative Services, and bill information.

Again, thank you for contacting me. I appreciate your input.

Michael E. Busch, Speaker
    Maryland House of Delegates

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

nothing from dumais.

-m

Set up an appointment about a divorce.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Copy of my letter feel free to use it and/or change to send. I used AGC email blast, works great I can hit the whole crew down there with one click. I have gotten many replies already with more to come I'm sure. Chris

Dear {title} {last name},

SB 1040 "Terror Watch List" bill will in effect remove due process for many Marylanders if enacted. The "No Fly List" that Home Land Security maintains is full of errors, how many times have we had elected officials including a former VPOTUS pop up on their lists. Marylanders placed on this list will have their 2nd amendment rights as well others stripped from them because of errors on the Federal level. Once placed on this list you can never be taken off unless a long appeal takes places costing time and money to one or many of our citizens. Any of the elected officials there in Annapolis could be placed on the list and have the Maryland State Police knocking at your door looking for firearms even if you don't own any. Please oppose this if your are called to vote.

AGC's link to the email blast. Please follow their rules state your opinion without threats or profanity.

http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/lesagreement.php

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    No, just the most visible!

They are getting hammered on the phone, in their mailboxes and in the hearings. And our Guys In Ties aren't pulling punches either.

Daytime operations and night raids, too

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      75.4 KB · Views: 158
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member