• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Received the following from Delegate Deborah Rey:

Thank you for contacting me regarding this bill. You should know I am leading the Republican Caucus in the fight against this legislation. I am glad you are involved and I need your help. Please watch this link and send it on to your friends. The link is the Judiciary Committee's hearing on HB 1000. http://mgahouse.maryland.gov/mga/pl...8a42-4438-a7da-93ff74bdaa4c&playfrom=12464000

It is important we get as many people calling into their legislators as possible. The House Republicans are against this bill. I recommend focusing on the Democrats.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Almost completely off-topic fantasy - I was just thinking about Busch and how despite him and his kind Hogan was elected because it was a state-wide vote.

Imagine how the Md. Gen. Ass. would be if everyone got to vote for all the Senators and Delegates. I guess the ballot would be out of control, but man...if they all were elected from the state-wide population....things would be so different.

Or...we could end gerrymandering.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Even a dog picked up by a dog catcher has more rights than those taken away by this bill.

Is there any lawful instance in this country where a person's constitutional rights are taken from them, based on an unnamed person's, un-articulated suspicion, unverified for accuracy of identity, without a process for having them reinstated?

Is there even a lawful instance where even a handful of those factors are present, let alone all of them?

Anybody who votes in favor of this bill needs to be removed from public office. This is not the right country for them to hold positions of public trust.

If you think this is bad, read the Patriot Act, as amended.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Well, that's the right argument to make against it. :sad:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    If this passes, can we hold Frosh's feet to the fire via the MSP to force the FBI to provide access to the list?

After he gets slapped down, we can use it against him during his next political election?

[Yes, Don Quixote would be very proud]

I doubt the MSP would have the requisite clearance level to access the list. If they started after the bill was enacted it still would take over a year for the SSBI. And a new billet would have to be justified and created for the individual named for access - that would take forever too.

IMO, the best the MSP could do would be to send someone's name in to the authorities and get a yes/no answer.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I used to use this link to e-mail all of our representatives however it doesn't seem to be working for me here at work. could someone please check and let me know if it still works or is no longer a good link?

http://actionmail.ksconline.net/

I have given out that link myself but I'm starting to doubt the folks behind it. So far this year when I used that link I have heard nothing in reply from any of the legislators. Now I can't prove a negative, so is it just that no one bothered to answer me, or are the folks behind the Civic Action Email system silently filtering out conservative or pro-2A emails? Dunno, all I can say is: it's odd.

Another choice is the AGC email link here. I've been downplaying that link because: a) John's caveat "read me" up top seems out of date (FSA 2013 era) and worse discouraging, and b) it wouldn't be hard for the GA IT team to filter out email from that site. However if the Civic Action folks aren't going to deliver our emails, the AGC may be the next best choice for convenience.

A harder but more guaranteed approach is to assemble your own email list, but I know some people aren't going to go to the trouble of doing that.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I have given out that link myself but I'm starting to doubt the folks behind it. So far this year when I used that link I have heard nothing in reply from any of the legislators. Now I can't prove a negative, so is it just that no one bothered to answer me, or are the folks behind the Civic Action Email system silently filtering out conservative or pro-2A emails? Dunno, all I can say is: it's odd.

Another choice is the AGC email link here. I've been downplaying that link because: a) John's caveat "read me" up top seems out of date (FSA 2013 era) and worse discouraging, and b) it wouldn't be hard for the GA IT team to filter out email from that site. However if the Civic Action folks aren't going to deliver our emails, the AGC may be the next best choice for convenience.

A harder but more guaranteed approach is to assemble your own email list, but I know some people aren't going to go to the trouble of doing that.

There are several preassembled lists in this and other threads that can be modified or used.

EDIT:

I got a helpful hint for emailing from one of my Delegates: Keep your email short and it has an excellent chance of being read. One or two lines. Anything more gets skimmed and filed.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I doubt the MSP would have the requisite clearance level to access the list. If they started after the bill was enacted it still would take over a year for the SSBI. And a new billet would have to be justified and created for the individual named for access - that would take forever too.

IMO, the best the MSP could do would be to send someone's name in to the authorities and get a yes/no answer.

I doubt ANY answer would be returned. As restricted as the list is, I highly doubt the FBI would be willing to provide ANY insight as to who is on the list. Even a yes/no answer would indicate the reason an otherwise non-prohibited person is on the list. But we all know that.

I'm just suggesting that when access is denied to the list, we all play the wounded libtard with respect to MSP / Frosh / MGA not being able to "protect us" from those nasty people. Should make for some very interesting Q/A during campaign events.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Received the following from Delegate Deborah Rey:

Thank you for contacting me regarding this bill. You should know I am leading the Republican Caucus in the fight against this legislation. I am glad you are involved and I need your help. Please watch this link and send it on to your friends. The link is the Judiciary Committee's hearing on HB 1000. http://mgahouse.maryland.gov/mga/pl...8a42-4438-a7da-93ff74bdaa4c&playfrom=12464000

It is important we get as many people calling into their legislators as possible. The House Republicans are against this bill. I recommend focusing on the Democrats.

Watched about ten minutes of that. The stupid, it burns.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I doubt ANY answer would be returned. As restricted as the list is, I highly doubt the FBI would be willing to provide ANY insight as to who is on the list. Even a yes/no answer would indicate the reason an otherwise non-prohibited person is on the list. But we all know that.

I'm just suggesting that when access is denied to the list, we all play the wounded libtard with respect to MSP / Frosh / MGA not being able to "protect us" from those nasty people. Should make for some very interesting Q/A during campaign events.

How about something even better: We play "You're a Liberal idiot for even trying to propose an idea this bad." Sort of like him "Pulling an O'Malley." This dopey bill is getting national attention now.

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    Besides Busch, is Dumais worth contacting?

I notice that her facebook cover is a panoramic shot of all the people who passed SB281/FSA2013, with Owe-malley and Frosh grinning like Cheshire cats in the center.
    This gives me pause that facts might go over her head.
    -m

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    You betcha. Inundating even the most dense Assemblycritter with mails and phones will spark some sort of a reaction, and possibly the beginning of awareness. Sort of like "Hot stove bad - no touch!" after the tenth time.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

I notice that her facebook cover is a panoramic shot of all the people who passed SB281/FSA2013, with Owe-malley and Frosh grinning like Cheshire cats in the center.
    -m

You mean like THESE facts ... Different bill, but same response.

Please share with your friends and neighbors who are her constituents.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I used the mailing web site above to get all the addresses. I changed the subject and boy to represent the respective bill number for the House and Senate and sent an email message to all of them from my account.

I received failure bounce-backs from:

kathryn.afzali@house.state.md.us
    craig.zucker@house.state.md.us
    james.proctor@house.state.md.us
    c.t.wilson@house.state.md.us
    christopher.shank@senate.state.md.us
    joseph.getty@senate.state.md.us
    karen.montgomery@senate.state.md.us

UPDATE: I received an autoreply from Kelly.Schulz@house.state.md.us that she is no longer with the Md. Gen. Ass. The list at the web site states it was last updated April 2015

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

-m

She was one of the top shepherds of SB281 (FSA2013) on the floor of the House in 2013, IIRC. Whenever an amendment was offered, regardless of how helpful or innocuous, she was assigned the job of presenting the opposition to it to make sure it passed smoothly, without previously unapproved changes. O'Mao's and Busch's orders, and she followed them. She's Vallerio's committee sidekick and is gunning for his chair when he leaves. She's a MoCo divorce attorney in her other job. Wants to divorce you from your 2A rights.

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    Well, I sent a screed to Busch via email.

In addition to those points above, I included this nugget, to personalize it.

"--The risk of abuse is very high, as demonstrated recently, when every single member of all of the UK's rifle clubs were entered onto the UK-version of this list.
    I believe you are a gun owner and likely a member of a gun club; I'm sure you would not agree with your own name being put on the US version of the Terror Watch list and your own constitutional rights abridged because of that membership."

We'll see.

-M

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Got told in a snotty ass attitude by the speaker's office that it "isn't necessary to take my name and number down."

When I said "that's awesome customer service" I was promptly hung up.

COMMIES!

Chairman Vallario's office couldn't have been nicer. Took my name, number, district number. Spent time with me. Asked me what number bill I was opposing. Class act (even if he ins't completely on our side).

Busch is a TYRANT! POS. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom