• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Vallario isn't the issue, the Speaker of the House is.

We need to hammer the Speaker of the house and melt his phone and tell him "THE TERROR WATCH LIST IS UNOBTAINABLE BY MSP".

the nra was doing robo calls asking everyone to call his office yesterday. I called and the lady answering the phone was not happy about my call and all the other calls flooding in. I gave her my little speech and when I tried to giver her my name and contact info she hung up on me. I guess she was getting tired of the calls. I am not from his area but as speaker of the house he is supposed to listen to us all, is he not?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    This new push has nothing to do with Frosh and everything to do with the Speaker wanting what he wants.

Agreed, but ...

I wouldn't put it past Busch to want to 'grease the skids' and at least get a favorable 2A/5A statement from the AG's office to ease the worried minds of his underling delegates as he brow-beats and arm-twists his way.

Continue calling, writing and emailing your delegates, but know that Busch didn't get to his position of power by playing by the rules.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Mike Busch needs to be revolted against directly, preferably from within.

Maybe if his acolytes felt that he truly is at the end of his tyrannical reign, that things like this will bring it about sooner, stain his legacy, and splash on them, too, they might think more independently. They need to be out from under his tyrannical thumb.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    the nra was doing robo calls asking everyone to call his office yesterday. I called and the lady answering the phone was not happy about my call and all the other calls flooding in. I gave her my little speech and when I tried to giver her my name and contact info she hung up on me. I guess she was getting tired of the calls. I am not from his area but as speaker of the house he is supposed to listen to us all, is he not?

His decisions affect all of Maryland, so hammer him.

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Vallario isn't the issue, the Speaker of the House is.

We need to hammer the Speaker of the house and melt his phone and tell him "THE TERROR WATCH LIST IS UNOBTAINABLE BY MSP".
    "Call to action" email from MSI said contact Vallario and committee. Maybe send out a new call to action?

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Sent this to Vallario not to vote out of committee

The Honorable Joseph F. Vallario, Jr.
    101 State House
    Annapolis, MD 21401-1991

Dear Delegate Vallario

As a Maryland resident, I respectfully urge you to oppose House Bill 1000 when it comes up for a vote in your committee.
    HB 1000 seeks to remove the right to due process of those on the “Terrorist Watchlist” when taking away their firearm rights. Individuals may be added to the watchlist without being charged or convicted of any crimes, and those on the list are never notified if, how, or why they are on the list. There is no process in place to have your name removed from the list, and mistaken identities are common. In every other case in which a person is deprived of their firearm rights, they are afforded a judicial proceeding. Due process of the law must be followed before depriving anyone of their Constitutional rights.

Sincerely,
    HITWTOM
    ************Rd.
    Hollywood, MD 20636-2732

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Even a dog picked up by a dog catcher has more rights than those taken away by this bill.

Is there any lawful instance in this country where a person's constitutional rights are taken from them, based on an unnamed person's, un-articulated suspicion, unverified for accuracy of identity, without a process for having them reinstated?

Is there even a lawful instance where even a handful of those factors are present, let alone all of them?

Anybody who votes in favor of this bill needs to be removed from public office. This is not the right country for them to hold positions of public trust.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Even a dog picked up by a dog catcher has more rights than those taken away by this bill.

Is there any lawful instance in this country where a person's constitutional rights are taken from them, based on an unnamed person's, un-articulated suspicion, unverified for accuracy of identity, without a process for having them reinstated?

Is there even a lawful instance where even a handful of those factors are present, let alone all of them?

Anybody who votes in favor of this bill needs to be removed from public office. This is not the right country for them to hold positions of public trust.

NDAA 2012 - Transfer to Gitmo without due process, without notification, without habeas corpus protections. Is it legal? Who knows, no one knows if it has actually been used.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    NDAA 2012 - Transfer to Gitmo without due process, without notification, without habeas corpus protections. Is it legal? Who knows, no one knows if it has actually been used.

Transfer of whom to Gitmo, from where? Occurring within the U.S.?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    If one trusts Wikipedia, but the section in controversy is noted there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Defense_Authorization_Act_for_Fiscal_Year_2012

Interesting, if accurate. Of course, looks like that Act involves people who've been accused of actually doing something wrong -- engaging in terrorist activities, as opposed to being "watched" to see if they do something in the future, right?

Meanwhile, some in the Maryland General Assembly, in a game of one-upmanship, and not to be outdone, want to just strip people of other constitutional rights...

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It opens for me but if I go to "e-mail the delegates" it opens the page but no names :shrug:

Send an Email Message to Any or All of Your Maryland Delegates(s)

Your Name *
    Your Email Address *
    Your Home Address
    Your Phone Number
    Maryland Delegate(s) to Contact * Delegate Wendell R. Beitzel -District 01ADelegate Jason C. Buckel -District 01BDelegate Mike McKay -District 01CDelegate Andrew A. Serafini -District 02ADelegate Neil Parrott -District 02ADelegate Brett Wilson -District 02BDelegate Carol L. Krimm -District 03ADelegate Karen Lewis Young -District 03ADelegate William Folden -District 03BDelegate Kathy L. Afzali -District 04Delegate Kelly M. Schulz -District 04Delegate David E. Vogt, III -District 04Delegate Justin D. Ready -District 05Delegate Susan W. Krebs -District 05Delegate Haven Shoemaker -District 05Delegate Robin L. Grammer, Jr. -District 06Delegate Robert B. Long -District 06Delegate Richard Metzgar -District 06Delegate Richard K. Impallaria -District 07Delegate Patrick L. McDonough -District 07Delegate Kathy Szeliga -District 07Delegate Christian Miele -District 08Delegate Eric M. Bromwell -District 08Delegate John W. E. Cluster, Jr. -District 08Delegate Trent Kittleman -District 09ADelegate Warren E. Miller -District 09ADelegate Robert L. Flanagan -District 09BDelegate Benjamin Brooks -District 10Delegate Adrienne A. Jones -District 10Delegate Jay Jalisi -District 10Delegate Shelly Hettleman -District 11Delegate Dan K. Morhaim -District 11Delegate Dana M. Stein -District 11Delegate Eric Ebersole -District 12Delegate Terri L. Hill -District 12Delegate Clarence K. Lam -District 12Delegate Vanessa Atterbeary -District 13Delegate Shane E. Pendergrass -District 13Delegate Frank S. Turner -District 13Delegate Anne R. Kaiser -District 14Delegate Eric G. Luedtke -District 14Delegate Craig J. Zucker -District 14Delegate Kathleen M. Dumais -District 15Delegate David Fraser-Hidalgo -District 15Delegate Aruna Miller -District 15Delegate C. William Frick -District 16Delegate Ariana B. Kelly -District 16Delegate Marc Korman -District 16Delegate Kumar P. Barve -District 17Delegate James W. Gilchrist -District 17Delegate Andrew Platt -District 17Delegate Alfred C. Carr, Jr. -District 18Delegate Ana Sol Gutierrez -District 18Delegate Jeffrey D. Waldstreicher -District 18Delegate Marice Morales -District 19Delegate Bonnie L. Cullison -District 19Delegate Benjamin F. Kramer -District 19Delegate Sheila E. Hixson -District 20Delegate David Moon -District 20Delegate William C. Smith, Jr. -District 20Delegate Benjamin S. Barnes -District 21Delegate Barbara A. Frush -District 21Delegate Joseline A. Pena-Melnyk -District 21Delegate Tawanna P. Gaines -District 22Delegate Anne Healy -District 22Delegate Alonzo T. Washington -District 22Delegate Geraldine Valentino-Smith -District 23ADelegate Marvin E. Holmes, Jr. -District 23BDelegate Joseph F. Vallario, Jr. -District 23BDelegate Erek L. Barron -District 24Delegate Carolyn J. B. Howard -District 24Delegate Michael L. Vaugh -District 24Delegate Aisha N. Braveboy -District 25Delegate Dereck E. Davis -District 25Delegate Melony G. Griffith -District 25Delegate Tony Knotts -District 26Delegate Kriselda Valderrama -District 26Delegate Jay Walker -District 26Delegate James E. Procter, Jr. -District 27ADelegate Michael A. Jackson -District 27BDelegate Mark N. Fisher -District 27CDelegate Sally Y. Jameson -District 28Delegate Edith J. Patterson -District 28Delegate C. T. Wilson -District 28Delegate Matthew Morgan -District 29ADelegate Deborah C. Rey -District 29BDelegate Anthony J. O'Donnell -District 29CDelegate Michael E. Busch -District 30ADelegate Herbert H. McMillan -District 30ADelegate Seth Howard -District 30BDelegate Ned Carey -District 31ADelegate Nicholaus R. Kipke -District 31BDelegate Meagan C. Simonaire -District 31BDelegate Pamela G. Beidle -District 32Delegate Mark S. Chang -District 32Delegate Theodore J. Sophocleus -District 32Delegate Tony McConkey -District 33Delegate Cathleen A. Vitale -District 33Delegate Sid Saab -District 33Delegate Glen Glass -District 34ADelegate Mary Ann Lisanti -District 34ADelegate Susan K. McComas -District 34BDelegate Kevin Bailey Hornberger -District 35ADelegate Andrew Cassilly -District 35BDelegate Teresa Reilly -District 35BDelegate Steven J. Arentz -District 36Delegate Jeff Ghrist -District 36Delegate Jay A. Jacobs -District 36Delegate Sheree Sample-Hughes -District 37ADelegate Christopher T. Adams -District 37BDelegate Johnny Mautz -District 37BDelegate Charles J. Otto -District 38ADelegate Carl Anderton, Jr. -District 38BDelegate Mary Beth Carozza -District 38CDelegate Charles E. Barkley -District 39Delegate Kirill Reznik -District 39Delegate A. Shane Robinson -District 39Delegate Frank M. Conaway, Jr. -District 40Delegate Barbara A. Robinson -District 40Delegate Antonio Hayes -District 40Delegate Jill P. Carter -District 41Delegate Nathaniel T. Oaks -District 41Delegate Samuel I. Rosenberg -District 41Delegate Stephen W. Lafferty -District 42ADelegate Susan L. M. Aumann -District 42BDelegate Chris West -District 42BDelegate Curtis S. Anderson -District 43Delegate Maggie McIntosh -District 43Delegate Mary L. Washington -District 43Delegate Keith E. Haynes -District 44ADelegate Charles E. Sydnor, III -District 44BDelegate Pat Young -District 44BDelegate Talmadge Branch -District 45Delegate Cheryl D. Glenn -District 45Delegate Cory V. McCray -District 45Delegate Luke Clippinger -District 46Delegate Peter A. Hammen -District 46Delegate Brooke Elizabeth Lierman -District 46Delegate Diana M. Fennell -District 47ADelegate Jimmy Tarlau -District 47ADelegate Will Campos -District 47B
    Email Subject *
    Email Message *

when I do it here I get a full list of whomever is on whatever committee or a full list of reps.such as above but in a better format, I am not a computer wiz as you can see.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    It opens for me but if I go to "e-mail the delegates" it opens the page but no names :shrug:

Perhaps you have a security plug-in that is preventing a script from executing.

General question:

Does this mass-mailing site "work?" By that...I'm wondering if a personally sent message with a personal greeting from an actual personal email address would make for a better "message."

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If this passes, can we hold Frosh's feet to the fire via the MSP to force the FBI to provide access to the list?

After he gets slapped down, we can use it against him during his next political election?

[Yes, Don Quixote would be very proud]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom