• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Just went back and read all the posts' The OP definitely has a problem. He sounds like he was in the wrong and is trying to justify his actions. Two of the ranges I belong to would expel any member that violates the cold range rules and handles any part of their firearm.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Two of the ranges I belong to

Presumably , those Ranges are operated in a reasonable and orderly manner , with clear individualized posted rules , and clear authority of Range Personnel .

It is long recurring theme about MG ( or Elk Neck ) having both " disjointed " times , and times of self appointed R.O.s fulfilling a self percieved vacuum .

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    8. Any shooter may request a cease fire at any time.
    9. The line will be called "Hot" only by consensus of all shooters.
    10. All firearms are to be unloaded with breech or action open when shooters are down range. Handling of firearms is prohibited while anyone is down range.
    The rules seem clear.
    And it was stated over and over no one was down range when the guy started looking at their ar.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Just went back and read all the posts' The OP definitely has a problem. He sounds like he was in the wrong and is trying to justify his actions. Two of the ranges I belong to would expel any member that violates the cold range rules and handles any part of their firearm.
    Maybe you should go back an reread it again. I was not the one handing the gun when everybody got back and was talking. I was there testing out 2 ar15 uppers and a pistol.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    And it was stated over and over no one was down range when the guy started looking at their ar.
    Why wouldn't you just let the other guy worry about it then?
    Did you have a chance to say anything to this RSO?
    I understand you witnessed a Karen RSO yelling at someone who was looking at his AR when no one was down range?
    If something bothered me that much I would have told the guy to his face he was a jerk off and went back to my own business and been done with it. If he didnt like it tough sh*t.
    Yes, seems kind of asinine to me but if the range is called cold, that means hands off until everything is sorted.
    The guy sounds like a super Karen to me if he yelled at someone for looking at their AR during a cease fire.
    Dont go back is what I would recommend, then no harm no foul.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Why wouldn't you just let the other guy worry about it then?
    Did you have a chance to say anything to this RSO?
    I understand you witnessed a Karen RSO yelling at someone who was looking at his AR when no one was down range?
    If something bothered me that much I would have told the guy to his face he was a jerk off and went back to my own business and been done with it. If he didnt like it tough sh*t.
    Yes, seems kind of asinine to me but if the range is called cold, that means hands off until everything is sorted.
    The guy sounds like a super Karen to me if he yelled at someone for looking at their AR during a cease fire.
    Dont go back is what I would recommend, then no harm no foul.
    I only shot about 75 rounds total so wasn’t there that long. If I was there longer I would definitely have gone up to him and say quite a bit to him. everyone was back and just talking, the cold Was essentially over for a few minutes , just not called hot,

i get rules but rules tend To have some leeway

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The range was called COLD. What part of that do you have an issue with? Once it's called hot, you can play all you want.
    I have an issues with the way this self appointed ro handled things. He was definitely a Karen

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    "the cold Was essentially over for a few minutes , just not called hot,"

This means the range was still cold. If there are other people on the range, everyone is supposed to acknowledge they are ready to go Hot. It doesn't work for one person to call the range Hot unless everyone is ready.

"i get rules but rules tend To have some leeway"
    It's OK to sweep the firing line because my fingers not on the trigger. Is that what you call leeway?

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    "the cold Was essentially over for a few minutes , just not called hot,"

This means the range was still cold. If there are other people on the range, everyone is supposed to acknowledge they are ready to go Hot. It doesn't work for one person to call the range Hot unless everyone is ready.

"i get rules but rules tend To have some leeway"
    It's OK to sweep the firing line because my fingers not on the trigger. Is that what you call leeway?
    They don’t call the range open for use so using your train of thought the range is never opens then.

looking at a gun while it is open and on the bench is leeway

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I only shot about 75 rounds total so wasn’t there that long. If I was there longer I would definitely have gone up to him and say quite a bit to him. everyone was back and just talking, the cold Was essentially over for a few minutes , just not called hot,

That’s how people get shot at a range

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Next time you go to Myrtle Grove take a minute to read the range rules. There isn't any leeway in the rules.
    Rule 9. The line will be called "Hot" only by consensus of all shooters.
    All means more than one. Try not to be that guy next time.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

A bullet that finds and artery or major vein the rules are the bigger the artery or vein the faster the blood flows.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    It's also a matter of courtesy. Some rules may not always make perfect sense, but we abide by them for the greater good. Pretty much every rule exists because some dumb ass did something stupid. This is one of the few examples of a situation where a 'safe space' is actually necessary and appropriate.

Shoot our firearms at someone else's range and we agree to follow ALL their rules, not just the ones we like.

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    IMG_0403.jpg

Crazy Al a great guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member