• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kinetic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013
    And you trust a bunch of fellow shooters you’ve never met implicitly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Of course.

Just like I trust the guy on the rice rocket closing from behind at 130 MPH.

Or the smelly guy offering to seal my driveway for $250 bucks because he has some "coating" left over.

Or the guy at Pimlico who knows someone in the barns who knows a certain rider is going to pull back while riding the favorite.

I've never met any of them before, either, but I trust them implicitly.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Of course.

Just like I trust the guy on the rice rocket closing from behind at 130 MPH.

Or the smelly guy offering to seal my driveway for $250 bucks because he has some "coating" left over.

Or the guy at Pimlico who knows someone in the barns who knows a certain rider is going to pull back while riding the favorite.

I've never met any of them before, either, but I trust them implicitly.

Lol

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    The whole point of "no handling" is to not just reduce the chance of idiots doing idiot things, but to make the possibility of good guys making a bone head mistake to absolute 0%.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The whole point of "no handling" is to not just reduce the chance of idiots doing idiot things, but to make the possibility of good guys making a bone head mistake to absolute 0%.
    You still have a chance of a idiot firing off a round while casing or uncasing a firearm while hot, you have chance of idiot sweeping you with loaded weapon while hot, you have a chance someone drops a weapons on the ground and it going off during a hot just as during cold. There is always a chance of something happening at a shooting range. If you are so scared maybe you should find a different activity or only shoot by yourself

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You still have a chance of a idiot firing off a round while casing or uncasing a firearm while hot, you have chance of idiot sweeping you with loaded weapon while hot, you have a chance someone drops a weapons on the ground and it going off during a hot just as during cold. There is always a chance of something happening at a shooting range. If you are so scared maybe you should find a different activity or only shoot by yourself

Yes but if the line is hot, PEOPLE AREN’T DOWNRANGE.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Anytime you are shooting there a danger

Again, what you fail to realize is that not everybody has a direct line to your brain and knows what you are thinking or doing, or planning on doing. There are general rules when using a shooting range and one of them is to stop touching anything firearms related when anyone on the range calls a cold range.

Something that is ingrained in my memory is "Cease fire, cease fire, unload, clear, and lock the bolt to the rear, insert the safe-t-block and ensure that you have a complete safe weapon. The first time I heard it was in June 1981 and I haven't forgotten it. I heard this every day for one week out of every year for about 4 years. Range safety is an important thing regardless of what capabilities you think you have.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Again, what you fail to realize is that not everybody has a direct line to your brain and knows what you are thinking or doing, or planning on doing. There are general rules when using a shooting range and one of them is to stop touching anything firearms related when anyone on the range calls a cold range.

Something that is ingrained in my memory is "Cease fire, cease fire, unload, clear, and lock the bolt to the rear, insert the safe-t-block and ensure that you have a complete safe weapon. The first time I heard it was in June 1981 and I haven't forgotten it. I heard this every day for one week out of every year for about 4 years. Range safety is an important thing regardless of what capabilities you think you have.
    You are right you never know what is in someone else mind. How do you know the person shooting next to you doesn’t loose it and turn the gun on you and shoot as many people as they can. My point is there is always dangers while shooting. As responsible person loading a detached magazine, cleaning a Muzzleloader. There is no danger while I change barrels on encore and contender during a cold. I get not clearing a jammed round loading a fixed magazine or cylinder. Picking a weapon up putting it in a shooting position. As I has said earlier everyone was back and just doing the normal chatting before going back to shooting. No one was down range while they where standing there with their ar Apart.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    In a state that is so openly hostile towards firearms in all manners possible your best effort at all times has got to be 110% towards not causing another statistic that will be used against us all in the name of more 'common sense gun control'...

The accidental discharge @ SLSC last year or the year before ? It occurred in a very controlled setting (sanctioned shooting match) and ultimately nothing came of it negatively because it was a total fluke and the actions leading up to it and the response plan that covered that scenario came into effect. The CYA angle was fully implemented.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    You are right you never know what is in someone else mind. How do you know the person shooting next to you doesn’t loose it and turn the gun on you and shoot as many people as they can. My point is there is always dangers while shooting. As responsible person loading a detached magazine, cleaning a Muzzleloader. There is no danger while I change barrels on encore and contender during a cold. I get not clearing a jammed round loading a fixed magazine or cylinder. Picking a weapon up putting it in a shooting position. As I has said earlier everyone was back and just doing the normal chatting before going back to shooting. No one was down range while they where standing there with their ar Apart.

I hope I never meet you outside of messages on this site.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    You failed to mention getting shot during cold range while down range. Wonder why? Oh, yea, 'cause no one is supposed to handle firearms during cold range.

And by the way, all the other stuff you mention will get a shooter sent home and maybe even banned from the range.

The last thing I want my kids to tell strangers is "he died 'cause some idiot was sure the gun was safe".

You're not changing my mind, you're not changing anyone else's mind, and you're just making yourself look the fool.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    You failed to mention getting shot during cold range while down range. Wonder why? Oh, yea, 'cause no one is supposed to handle firearms during cold range.

And by the way, all the other stuff you mention will get a shooter sent home and maybe even banned from the range.

The last thing I want my kids to tell strangers is "he died 'cause some idiot was sure the gun was safe".

You're not changing my mind, you're not changing anyone else's mind, and you're just making yourself look the fool.
    maybe not but it proves my point as to how many Karens are in this group

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    8. Any shooter may request a cease fire at any time.
    9. The line will be called "Hot" only by consensus of all shooters.
    10. All firearms are to be unloaded with breech or action open when shooters are down range. Handling of firearms is prohibited while anyone is down range.
    The rules seem clear.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And why calls to the Rangers will be used as reasoning to close it .
    Like I said if it isn’t an immediate danger people should just go and mind there own business.

it is funny how many Karens have exposed themselves in this tread.

My post that was quoted apparently was taken out of my intended context .

I wasn't saying to ignore the self directed silliness , it was to suck it up , and put up with it without violating a Cold Range , or complaining to Rangers .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom