• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Hi Gents,
    I've got my Informal Review scheduled in 2 days. Not sure if even that is a waste of time.(the 5 hr drive and tank of gas).
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Jimboy

Can you ask for a location convenient to you. I would try and see what they say. This is one of the problems with the process.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    You're right, I missed that little detail. He'll be at one of the future meetings. Sure sounds like a flame. If it walks like a duck...

Nope, I thought you might have had another angle for your comment, just checking.

makijo

May 31, 2013
    Catonsville
    Yeah St. Marys county is a long hike to Pikesville.
    At least I can stop by the G&M restaurant in Linthicum afterwards for crabcakes to take the bad taste of a mtg with MSP out of my mouth!
    From the sounds of things regarding the stiff reqmts for G&S, I probably won't get lucky on this trip.
    Next step will be the HPRB I guess.

You really don't want their crab cakes...they tend to use cod filler to make it look like crab. My daughter is a chef and noticed it once when she had gotten them. Just a warning.

Jimboy

Jimboy
    Patriot Picket
    Jul 8, 2015
    From frying pan to Fire
    I guess they could have accommodated a phone interview for me too, but oftentimes you get alot more out of them face-to-face. Reading their body language can go a long way, plus they get a better feel about you.
    Later,
    Jimboy

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I guess they could have accommodated a phone interview for me too, but oftentimes you get alot more out of them face-to-face. Reading their body language can go a long way, plus they get a better feel about you.
    Later,
    Jimboy

:lol2: So how did it go? OK?

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    So I had my interview the other day. I went over the typical G&S reasons, such as deposits and what not. I have also listed self-defense due to the recent hacking of the OPM database with SF86's being stolen. The trooper indicated that, "you are certainly not the only one with a clearance who has recently applied for a permit." I didn’t want to dig into this but from what she said and judging his facial expressions, there have many applications submitted citing this recent hack as well as current events. I will let everyone know how it goes moving forward.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    So I had my interview the other day. I went over the typical G&S reasons, such as deposits and what not. I have also listed self-defense due to the recent hacking of the OPM database with SF86's being stolen. The trooper indicated that, "you are certainly not the only one with a clearance who has recently applied for a permit." I didn’t want to dig into this but from what she said and judging his facial expressions, there have many applications submitted citing this recent hack as well as current events. I will let everyone know how it goes moving forward.

You are self employed and getting black balled?

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008

No offense to you and others with clearances, but; everyone has finger prints and an SSN. We are all friggin' citizens of the USA.

No one w/ a security clearance is now more exposed than anyone else to terrorism (Texas cartoon contest vs. TN recruiting shops) than anyone else. I am happy you guys are pushing with that as your reason, and you should. The whole process is stupid (with the subjective reasoning).

Hannibal ad portas.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    No offense to you and others with clearances, but; everyone has finger prints and an SSN. We are all friggin' citizens of the USA.

No one w/ a security clearance is now more exposed than anyone else to terrorism (Texas cartoon contest vs. TN recruiting shops) than anyone else. I am happy you guys are pushing with that as your reason, and you should. The whole process is stupid (with the subjective reasoning).

Hannibal ad portas.

I completely disagree. With the most recent OPM hacking, a database of 21.8 million people was stolen giving the current clearances, places they have used these clearances, height and weight, hair color, as well as their current address. If you think this does not heighten the chance of attack opposed to someone who does not possess a clearance, you are kidding yourself. All someone needs to do is drop pins on a shared google map of the addresses of everyone with a clearance who supports missions in the middle east in close proximity to someone who is looking to become the next news story. The difference in the clearance approach from the cartoon contest is that those individuals placed themselves in danger (and were all carrying at the time). The recruiting office and navy base were identified government/DoD workers (who are obviously targets given last week’s events) same as clearance holders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom