• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So, is your business bolstering your clearance reason or the clearance reason bolstering your business?
    Why co mingle the legitimate G&S with the unicorn G&S?
    Why risk mucking the real reason up?

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    So, is your business bolstering your clearance reason or the clearance reason bolstering your business?
    Why co mingle the legitimate G&S with the unicorn G&S?
    Why risk mucking the real reason up?

The business is bolstering the clearance G&S. My approach has been to list as many possible reasons of G&S that I have, improving my chances of a less restricted permit. The reasons are listed do no take away any legitimacy of my cash deposits and transportation of business owned equipment, so why not list as many as possible. The MSP Iikes to use broad terms in defining G&S, so I also took this approach in defining my G&S other than my business transactions. In addition, I also submitted news articles from the past 6 months with sections highlighted in order to provide validity to my clearance approach. Remember, self-defense is a viable reason for G&S but there needs to be a, "greater danger than one’s own personal paranoia", which recent unfortunate events prove. The reason I took this approach is due to a man at the last permit hearing which listed that he sells fishing rods and at any moment while fishing, someone may want to buy one off of him, with the board and trooper reacting in positive manner.

The troopers are doing their jobs and following orders. As much as we hate it, G&S is the law of the land but it’s written in a manner that allows for interoperation. Maybe troopers are looking for reasons to issue the permits, which ultimately help our situation as the more permits out there; the more people see that there is not blood in the streets.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    I would argue that legal does not make it right. I don't think they have any desire to issue permits so they are not going to question the status quo. Even after fixing the law I think we still have a long fight in fixing the culture/mindset of the MSP.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I completely disagree. With the most recent OPM hacking, a database of 21.8 million people was stolen giving the current clearances, places they have used these clearances, height and weight, hair color, as well as their current address. If you think this does not heighten the chance of attack opposed to someone who does not possess a clearance, you are kidding yourself. All someone needs to do is drop pins on a shared google map of the addresses of everyone with a clearance who supports missions in the middle east in close proximity to someone who is looking to become the next news story. The difference in the clearance approach from the cartoon contest is that those individuals placed themselves in danger (and were all carrying at the time). The recruiting office and navy base were identified government/DoD workers (who are obviously targets given last week’s events) same as clearance holders.

Yeah, tell that to the folks of Charlie Hebdo and innocent civilians in France.

Look, I'm not bemoaning you for using an angle and playing the game; if I could, I would too.

I'm Pissed at the game! You don't have any more heightened scrutiny than any other US Citizen. PERIOD! But so much for equal protection.

Keep moving forward, we need more permits in general.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    I am preparing a letter for the HPRB. One thing I was thinking about was because I didn't meet G&S they didn't truly process my application. No interviews, no looking into background, etc. Basically said we don't bother so my statement that I am a law abiding citizen can't be verified. I guess should I comment on that or let it be?

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    I am preparing a letter for the HPRB. One thing I was thinking about was because I didn't meet G&S they didn't truly process my application. No interviews, no looking into background, etc. Basically said we don't bother so my exertion that I am a law abiding citizen can't be verified. I guess should I comment on that or let it be?

You have any conclusive proof that they did not investigate? Because as best I remember they must conduct and investigation per statute.
    If true they did not investigate at all would be interesting.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Well I asked during informal if the interviews and background investigation were done and the response was no because you don't meet G&S. I know none of my references were called.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Well I asked during informal if the interviews and background investigation were done and the response was no because you don't meet G&S. I know none of my references were called.

Please do request a HEARING (Not review), hurry up and get it in the mail. I am definitely interested on how this would play out.

§ 5-305. Criminal history records check

(a) "Central Repository" defined. -- In this section, "Central Repository" means the Criminal Justice Information System Central Repository of the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.

(b) Application required. -- The Secretary shall apply to the Central Repository for a State and national criminal history records check for each applicant for a permit.

(c) Contents of application. -- As part of the application for a criminal history records check, the Secretary shall submit to the Central Repository:

Md. PUBLIC SAFETY Code Ann. § 5-305

At least for the criminal background investigation the opperative word is "shall", which is equivalent to, must, and/or required by law.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    The only movement afoot is the type that happens on the crapper. Those who claim to be leading this movement are too busy making excuses why the governor won't act in our best interest rather than making it known that if he doesn't he risks losing the votes of gun owners in the next election..

Larry Hogan will not be around for the next election. He's quite sick.

Lew-Ranger63

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

So you're saying you were denied and they did not check references or complete the full background check?

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    EVER had a misdemeanor?

Based on the cases we have been hearing at the HPRB, you can be a convicted spent time in jail felon, and they got the full treatment and appealed up to the HPRB.

So I guess the dividing line according to MSP. "Charles Manson, but you have G&S, damn I guess we have to do the background check". "You, no G&S, do not pass go, do not collect permit).

divingraven

Apr 24, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Disapproved. They did not check my references or complete the background check other than the one done via fingerprinting.

So, they never contacted you to even do an interview? They just took the position that you have no G&S, so disapproved? How long did it take to get that letter? About 90 days, I'm guessing :tdown::mad54:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Soon after I applied, the trooper assigned to my case called and said while my application was exceptionally detailed, it didn't seem I had G&S under the "old" standards which he had not been advised would be changing. He said he recieved direction not to waste time processing and investigating those who didnt have G&S, as if he or anyone else even knows what that means. I told him he was incorrect, and requested he investigate my application just like any other. He was good enough to do that which I appreciate. I have had interim exchanges with the Licensing Division. Last time was almost a month ago. It has been more than 120 days since I applied.

Last edited:

divingraven

Apr 24, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I sent mine in 35 days ago. It's just my impatience, but from other posts I've seen, I should be hearing something any time now. My wife sent hers in about a week after me. I'm wondering if they'll do the investigations and interviews at the same time.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I sent mine in 35 days ago. It's just my impatience, but from other posts I've seen, I should be hearing something any time now. My wife sent hers in about a week after me. I'm wondering if they'll do the investigations and interviews at the same time.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    If it's anything like my wife's interview they'll ask her to go into another room to make sure she could "speak freely". Yup, they've been real presumptuous pricks to a lot of people here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom