• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    Gents I apologize in advance for my possible improper use of the forum since I am a newbie, but I posted yesterday on a similar thread that I have been denied, and have sent in the form requesting an informal review.
    Also, following advice in this forum, I requested from the trooper who signed my denial letter, to forward to me the info that was in my MSP file.
    He refused after checking with his MSP legal counsel. They will only send me another copy of the application I had submitted. Not sure if it takes a subpoena or a FOIA request to break that info loose, but it would sure be handy to have to prep for the informal review.
    I then called Gov. Hogan's office today and got a complete run-around by his aide. No support whatsoever.
    It's been a bad day but I'm still gonna pursue all avenues!
    Thanks,
    Jimboy

Jimboy, suggest you review the following in detail.

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/COMAR/SubtitleSearch.aspx?search=12.09.01.*

This is how the review board is supposed to work. You only have 10 days from your denial to submit a request for review.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Gents I apologize in advance for my possible improper use of the forum since I am a newbie, but I posted yesterday on a similar thread that I have been denied, and have sent in the form requesting an informal review.
    Also, following advice in this forum, I requested from the trooper who signed my denial letter, to forward to me the info that was in my MSP file.
    He refused after checking with his MSP legal counsel. They will only send me another copy of the application I had submitted. Not sure if it takes a subpoena or a FOIA request to break that info loose, but it would sure be handy to have to prep for the informal review.
    I then called Gov. Hogan's office today and got a complete run-around by his aide. No support whatsoever.
    It's been a bad day but I'm still gonna pursue all avenues!
    Thanks,
    Jimboy

You are entitled to any and all documents, information and communications regarding your application and the review process. If it is denied to you, file a complaint with internal affairs. I am guessing the trooper in charge of your file is my buddy Aaron Knaub. Reply with a request for an informal review, request to be present and ask that the trooper who denied you be removed from your application and review.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Don't give up, there is a movement a foot.

Yes, the boot of Maryland's finest applied to everyone's a$$ :rolleyes:

I requested from the trooper who signed my denial letter, to forward to me the info that was in my MSP file. He refused after checking with his MSP legal counsel.

Get a lawyer, tiger. <In my Bruce Williams voice>
    Has anyone seen their "file"? If so, what does it contain? Maybe spending time and $ for a pig in a poke. Bonafide Hearings I've been to have a thing called discovery.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The only movement afoot is the type that happens on the crapper. Those who claim to be leading this movement are too busy making excuses why the governor won't act in our best interest rather than making it known that if he doesn't he risks losing the votes of gun owners in the next election..

And to think, with all your talents, not one of your 150 posts, was the magic bean.

Well at least you tried ;)

Jimboy

Jimboy
    Patriot Picket
    Jul 8, 2015
    From frying pan to Fire
    You are entitled to any and all documents, information and communications regarding your application and the review process. If it is denied to you, file a complaint with internal affairs. I am guessing the trooper in charge of your file is my buddy Aaron Knaub. Reply with a request for an informal review, request to be present and ask that the trooper who denied you be removed from your application and review.
    Hi Montoya32,
    A question . . . does that document "entitlement" you speak of apply even for an informal review (which I had requested)?
    Jimboy

charlesmd

Mar 8, 2012
    I have a question for all. I was one of the supposed (365), MSP held on to my app until the overturn on appeal. Then I had an informal meeting with Knaub. He said I didn't meet any of the criteria so I would be denied. But I asked him what kind of jobs would qualify me, we went over a few. Then I had an idea, I asked if I worked part-time at my wife's rental car company performing failure to return rental vehicle repossessions if that would qualify, he said yes. He said he will need a letter from my wife's company stating it would be okay for me to be armed and proof of employment, and he will hold my application. After speaking with my wife, we decided not to pursue that route. Around the same time frame my father had passed away, and I was still dealing with family issues, ect. and totally forgot about my permit application. It has been over a year, I guess its too late to ask for a hearing?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Hi Montoya32,
    A question . . . does that document "entitlement" you speak of apply even for an informal review (which I had requested)?
    Jimboy

You have the right to any information pertaining to yourself without having to make a PIA request. PM me and I can send you some things which may help.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I have a question for all. I was one of the supposed (365), MSP held on to my app until the overturn on appeal. Then I had an informal meeting with Knaub. He said I didn't meet any of the criteria so I would be denied. But I asked him what kind of jobs would qualify me, we went over a few. Then I had an idea, I asked if I worked part-time at my wife's rental car company performing failure to return rental vehicle repossessions if that would qualify, he said yes. He said he will need a letter from my wife's company stating it would be okay for me to be armed and proof of employment, and he will hold my application. After speaking with my wife, we decided not to pursue that route. Around the same time frame my father had passed away, and I was still dealing with family issues, ect. and totally forgot about my permit application. It has been over a year, I guess its too late to ask for a hearing?

Did you receive a formal denial? You have 10 days from any decision to request a review or appeal.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    The only movement afoot is the type that happens on the crapper. Those who claim to be leading this movement are too busy making excuses why the governor won't act in our best interest rather than making it known that if he doesn't he risks losing the votes of gun owners in the next election..

I dont claim to be leading anything, but I am doing more than sitting on my ass griping or crapping, and you haven't seen or heard me making any excuses for Hogan or Pallozzi. They will get the credit or blame as well deserved, and I have communicated those sentiments directly, respectfully, and repeatedly. In the meantime, my current efforts have not run their course yet, in fact far from it. There is a better chance now than in anytime over the last 40 years. I choose not to bitch and moan while watching the opportunity just pass by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom