• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RUOMO10

Dec 16, 2012
    Maryland
    Some people I have spoken to think the MSP are doing it on purpose to delay weapons and forms because of the legislation. I personally think it is because of all the forms coming in at once. At least Freestate let's you fire your weapons while you wait for the paper work to clear so I'm not really upset since I know my firearm is safe their while I wait.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Indirect gun control possibly? Dragging their feet more than necessary waiting to see if OMalley's crap is passed? I put nothing past this state.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Indirect gun control possibly? Dragging their feet more than necessary waiting to see if OMalley's crap is passed? I put nothing past this state.

Pure tin hat paranoia ... there are just that many applications ... how do you think the gun shops got emptied out? Were the guns stolen? No, they were legally purchased ... tons of paperwork in the pipeline like never before and probably never again. From a professional management standpoint, you do not double your manpower for a temporary surge.

How could you seriously not understand this?

czpat

Jan 25, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I submitted paperwork for an AR lower and 22 handgun on Jan 19, it will be 6 weeks this coming weekend. I also submitted collector paperwork the beginning of February which I'm hoping comes through in the next 2 weeks. I understand the initial delay due to the panic rush but 6 weeks is extremely long. I hope the changes MSP is making as stated in the letter above have some positive impact.

double tap

Jan 25, 2013
    Pure tin hat paranoia

Really? They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

O'Malley%20Guns.jpg

Isn't that Marcus L. Brown, standing behind him? Does he not report directly to O'malley?

Do you really believe that the powers that be (not rank and file) in MSP are pro-gun? Do you believe that they wouldn't or couldn't be coaxed politically to slow or delay the process?

Do you put it past Omalley to twist, lie or coerce? Do you think that he or the other libs aren't pissed and embarassed that their agenda has caused a flood of new guns and ammo to be scooped up?

Are the people purchasing all of these guns and ammo paranoid?

Is there anyone here that did handgun transactions in the 80's that remember Sgt. Peppersack from the MSP? He would arbitrarily deny paperwork based on his own agenda, not on law. He got called out on it numerous times before it came to a halt but that didn't stop the applicant from having to hire an attorney and pay money to get it straightened out.

Something like this may seem paranoid in your span of experience but that doesn't make you right or those you label as paranoid wrong. I would much rather be called paranoid than proven ignorant.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    MSI has been working with the mid ranks of the MSP and they are not dragging their feet. Fortunately Marcus L. Brown is so far up MOM's you know what that he does not control the day to day operation of the MSP.

I agree, everyone of those sycophants in the picture is dangerous to all citizens, those concerned with liberty or not.

you are exactly correct about the possibility of someone screwing with the process ... but as Franklin was fond of saying, 2 can keep a secret as long as one is dead. It would come out and the legitimacy of the entire anti camp would be devastated. There would be no way they'd get another gun law passed in this session.

Last edited:

tufelskatz

Feb 28, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    I filled out my paperwork on Feb 13th. I was told to call back in 2 weeks. I laughed and told them I'd wait at least 3 (based on the responses in this forum).

While I was there, a guy was picking his up after 31 days and was telling me that he'd been calling at least once a day after 2 weeks.

In this time of ridiculous demand, don't be that guy.:)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I filled out my paperwork on Feb 9th. Still waiting...:(

That's not an unusual wait at this time. I'm still waiting for Jan 26. A lot of people are waiting for submission dates back as far as Jan 15, some have received "not disapproved" from Jan 25.

This is about the same wait that started in mid-January

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    A stripped lower purchase took longer than normal about a month ago. The dealer said that there are just so many people buying guns that the NICS system cant keep up.

jb1677

Jan 21, 2013
    A stripped lower purchase took longer than normal about a month ago. The dealer said that there are just so many people buying guns that the NICS system cant keep up.

NICS takes like 10 minutes, it's keeping up fine. Maryland State Police is the holdup

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Purchased on a Sunday - February 3rd, paperwork was submitted on the 4th, and I'm still waiting on March 4th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom