• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    i think id rather just wait then press my FFL to do the 8 day thing since its still a new thing and they arnt sure of the consequences of it as of yet... id prefer not having CRAZY people Getting Guns in only 8 days, but thats just me... i dont know about you.... i feel safer with the full check i can wait 60 days or more.

You FEEL safer without your gun?????

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    i think id rather just wait then press my FFL to do the 8 day thing since its still a new thing and they arnt sure of the consequences of it as of yet... id prefer not having CRAZY people Getting Guns in only 8 days, but thats just me... i dont know about you.... i feel safer with the full check i can wait 60 days or more.

Do you know what's in the full check? The 8-day release is with a NICS check which is considered good enough for purchase of several different firearms.

Maryland does NICS then checks to see if you have any parking tickets, if you paid your red light camera ticket, if you stopped beating your wife, if the rabies shots for your dog are current, if you've recently changed political parties - obviously I'm being facetious, but there are around 16 databases they check as they try their hardest to find some reason to deny your purchase. That's infringement. That's unconstitutional. We can't let them get away with that. This isn't about guns, it's about preserving the constitution of this country.

You have a choice. Liberty and freedom at one end of the slide, tyranny and security through government control at the other. You get to move that slide and figure out which way you want to lean. You can't have it both ways.

Personally I say stop all infringement of firearm ownership for law-abiding citizens. Remember that the Colorado shooter passed a carry-allowed movie theater to shoot up one that didn't allow concealed carry and the shooting in CT was one of the most restricted states already. If there is threat of retaliation, then these punks won't feel empowered and will do some other stupid thing.

Don't give up your freedom so easily.

Glock_Fireman

Professional Pot Stirrer
    Apr 6, 2013
    Freedom Land
    Do you know what's in the full check? The 8-day release is with a NICS check which is considered good enough for purchase of several different firearms.

Maryland does NICS then checks to see if you have any parking tickets, if you paid your red light camera ticket, if you stopped beating your wife, if the rabies shots for your dog are current, if you've recently changed political parties - obviously I'm being facetious, but there are around 16 databases they check as they try their hardest to find some reason to deny your purchase. That's infringement. That's unconstitutional. We can't let them get away with that. This isn't about guns, it's about preserving the constitution of this country.

You have a choice. Liberty and freedom at one end of the slide, tyranny and security through government control at the other. You get to move that slide and figure out which way you want to lean. You can't have it both ways.

Personally I say stop all infringement of firearm ownership for law-abiding citizens. Remember that the Colorado shooter passed a carry-allowed movie theater to shoot up one that didn't allow concealed carry and the shooting in CT was one of the most restricted states already. If there is threat of retaliation, then these punks won't feel empowered and will do some other stupid thing.

Don't give up your freedom so easily.

:thumbsup: agreed nicely worded:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom