• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranger Tom

Jan 28, 2013
    Woodsboro MD
    What frosts my butt is that I purchased handguns in September and November both were "not declined" seven days. Found the gun of dreams at the Howard County show (that I'd had on order for a long time), paid in full, was told 30 days. Called the shop yesterday and was informed that they are just getting early February back. Looks like 2-3 more weeks. I'll never pay for another in full unless I can get it immediately.

RobertXJR

Mar 24, 2013
    Southern PG County
    My dealer had my Bushmaster in the first week of February. I called himat the end of the 10 day waiting period only o find out Saturday and Sunday aren't days. Fair enough, I'll remember that the next time the MVA says I have 15 days to respond to something. This is my first purchase but my record is spotless. I called him every Friday after the end of the "10 day" waiting period until I could hear him getting annoyed and he told me he had my number and that he'd call me when it came in. I don't think HE'S doing anything wrong, he's got a hell of a reputation for being a stand up guy. But I've got a pretty healthy investment out there just flippin in the wind. I called him this week to give him another number to reach me at (but really just to make sure he hadn't forgot about me) and it STILL hasn't gone through yet. This is ridiculous. I actually am glad to see others going through this. My brother robbed a bank about 10 years ago. I was afraid I was somehow paying for it.

GoBang

Feb 21, 2013
    Frederick County
    I have MD collectors, Have 1 app in from 2/14 and another from 2/14, different FFLs. Frusrating yea, but with the ammo shortage I hang in there. Also have Utah CCW app in, CC charged 3/6, hope to have all of this wrapped up by end of April.

moveweight

Feb 12, 2013
    I think this whole situation is stressing gun dealers/ stores/FFLS to the MAX, an with everyone calling every 4 days it just stresses them out EVEN more.. its about 6 week+ right now everyone so if it hasnt been 6 since you submitted paper work, i wouldnt bother annoying your gun dealer your only annoying them, they are people who are powerless over this delay now that ive done more research into it all... think of it from their point peopl know about the huge delays an they are losing sales.. so in the end is STRESSING dealers/stores/FFL's to breaking point and if we keep nagging them all to death there wont be any left...

moveweight

Feb 12, 2013
    I have MD collectors, Have 1 app in from 2/14 and another from 2/14, different FFLs. Frusrating yea, but with the ammo shortage I hang in there. Also have Utah CCW app in, CC charged 3/6, hope to have all of this wrapped up by end of April.

i submitted my md collectors form about 7 days ago... wonder how long that will take.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    i didnt get a notary stamp... wasnt sure what it was.. but sent it in anyways

They're probably going to reject it. If nothing else, it gets them through an app much more quickly than they are used to.

A notary is a state sanctioned person who testifies that the person who signs that form has ID that they are in fact that person. Many banks and credit unions have notaries. A few gun shops have them. Most UPS stores have them. Some FedEx-Kinkos have them. State law in MD says they may not charge more than $2 for the service.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    i didnt get a notary stamp... wasnt sure what it was.. but sent it in anyways

They're probably going to reject it. If nothing else, it gets them through an app much more quickly than they are used to.

A notary is a state sanctioned person who testifies that the person who signs that form has ID that they are in fact that person. Many banks and credit unions have notaries. A few gun shops have them. Most UPS stores have them. Some FedEx-Kinkos have them. State law in MD says they may not charge more than $2 for the service.

Why didn't you just Google it?

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Mine has been a nightmare. Purchase date 2/2, original paperwork was never received by MSP, did not find this out till after 40 days when I called. Paperwork then was submitted 2x ten days apart ??? Finally should be straightened out thanks to Ms. Brock at the MSP. I know they are under a ton of work and pressure from everyone but she couldn't of been more helpful. THANKS MS BROCK !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom