• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarlosM

Mar 12, 2013
    What is it on the application that requires a sworn officers review?

It can be various things that get flagged during your background check. Mine is most likely flagged because I've been finger printed for legitimate reasons several times.

BerettaTMC

Apr 12, 2010
    I got the call yesterday on a handgun purchase. 8 weeks and 1 day after the paperwork was submitted....

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    During my recent purchase, my FFL said the background check is going to take about 2 months :(

If by recent you mean you purchased in late April or early May, I think 3 months would be more accurate. I purchased in mid March and my paperwork hasn't even been processed, yet. I'm at 60 days (or 2 months exactly). Some people who got put into the review pile are at 70+ days and counting.

commiezapr

May 13, 2013
    Bethesda
    If by recent you mean you purchased in late April or early May, I think 3 months would be more accurate. I purchased in mid March and my paperwork hasn't even been processed, yet. I'm at 60 days (or 2 months exactly). Some people who got put into the review pile are at 70+ days and counting.

I did the paperwork yesterday, so if you're right it'll be 3 months :(

2 months was my FFL's estimate.

moveweight

Feb 12, 2013
    I did the paperwork yesterday, so if you're right it'll be 3 months :(

2 months was my FFL's estimate.

2 months hahah good luck with that.. hope u dont even have a farting in public on your record... im going on 2 and a half months... and i dont see any hope of it being anytime soon, due to mine went to further REVIEW for NO REASON!!!!!! i have nothing that should be holding me back.. i was just approved for a handgun like 5 months ago with no issues that took about 55 days.. now my second handgun is in further review, i wish we knew more about this..

moveweight

Feb 12, 2013

who actually looks at the ones who Received an "X" ??? does that mean your not approved at all or further review? just curious for a buddy

shacklefordbanks

Mar 27, 2013
    All, more dealers are starting to release after 8 days. But it's taking too long for them to move even with the latest direction from MSP on how to process paperwork for an 8 day release. I know it's frustrating to be in this mess. I myself just finished waiting 65 days for my ND. But I do not blame my FFL. They are a small mom and pop outfit that does bait and guns that love and want to help their customers, but they are too small/scared to stand up to the MSP.

If we want to get 8th day releases we need to concentrate all this furry at just two FFLs. Atlantic Guns and Bass Pro Shop. If those two start releasing then everyone else will fall in line.

So we need to organize everyone reading these post, friends, family and anyone else we can get to bombard them with phone calls, emails and personal visits to insist that they:

1) Release all regulated firearms currently over 8 days waiting.
    2) Immediately announce publicly that they are going to release after 8 days on all new purchases.

moveweight

Feb 12, 2013
    JUST GOT THE CALL THAT MY 2ND HANDGUN IN 2013 WAS APPROVED. I BOUGHT ONE ON JANUARY AND IT WAS APPROVED MARCH 6TH, THE PAPERWORK FOR THE SECOND ONE WAS SUBMITTED AROUND FEB 10TH, AND WAS JUST APPROVED TODAY JUNE 4TH, JUST GOT CALL FROM MY FFL TO PICKUP!!!

**** If anyone is looking for a good fast FFL check out the link in my signature thats who i used hes GREAT!!! :)
    Now waiting on my 3rd handgun begins lol - i am a collector as of march 31 so i wonder how long it will take now since im a collector.??

moveweight

Feb 12, 2013
    ATF AUDITS Going on NOW

ive heard rumors that the ATF is going around to FFL's right NOW in the frederick area and around this area,
    and doing AUDITS on all their paperwork and everything, so this might be a good thing or bad. im sure its giving the FFL's a headache so it might delay things.. :innocent0 :bowdown::mdpatriot

moveweight

Feb 12, 2013
    All, more dealers are starting to release after 8 days. But it's taking too long for them to move even with the latest direction from MSP on how to process paperwork for an 8 day release. I know it's frustrating to be in this mess. I myself just finished waiting 65 days for my ND. But I do not blame my FFL. They are a small mom and pop outfit that does bait and guns that love and want to help their customers, but they are too small/scared to stand up to the MSP.

If we want to get 8th day releases we need to concentrate all this furry at just two FFLs. Atlantic Guns and Bass Pro Shop. If those two start releasing then everyone else will fall in line.

So we need to organize everyone reading these post, friends, family and anyone else we can get to bombard them with phone calls, emails and personal visits to insist that they:

1) Release all regulated firearms currently over 8 days waiting.
    2) Immediately announce publicly that they are going to release after 8 days on all new purchases.

i think id rather just wait then press my FFL to do the 8 day thing since its still a new thing and they arnt sure of the consequences of it as of yet... id prefer not having CRAZY people Getting Guns in only 8 days, but thats just me... i dont know about you.... i feel safer with the full check i can wait 60 days or more.

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    ATF is on our side here. They told MSP to get things moving and are probably looking around to see just how bad things are. MSP is telling all FFLs that inquire that they can release any MD-regulated firearm on day 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom