• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Seems likely that the AR came from the MIT officer. This was Friday night and the bombers had not been caught and it makes sense that every single Boston area police officer would have been told to have his long gun at the ready....

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    kinda embarrassing that the govt cant track an M4 don't ya think? might expose a flaw in that registry idea.

possibly, but I think that they would already have known that the rifle was missing after the shootout.

Maybe the ATF lost it

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Most likely it is a M4 look alike civilian version semi auto with 16" barrel. You know how accurate the news media is with firearm descriptions, of course they don't even know there is a difference.

Are you sure it's not a "bushmaster"?

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    The thought just occurred to me that Colt did sell some civilian ARs with M4 marked lowers. A friend of mine has one and was thinking of selling it but loved the M4 rollmarks. So maybe it was a civilian AR with such markings and so that's what the police sources told the press.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    You can't win when arguing with the antis. If he got the rifle legally then they'll say there's a need for more extensive background checks. If he got it illegally then they'll say there's a need for more extensive background checks.

FIFY. ;)

The twisted logic here is that creating barriers to prevent firearm ownership prevents them from getting out into society. Citizens are not to be trusted with safe use of or protecting their property.

Just as they are not to be trusted with spending or saving their money - will never forget the discussion over the stimulus when Dems said the American people would not spend the money "wisely" if they distributed the stimulus to the people. The list goes on and on of things they believe we cannot be trusted to make wise decisions about and need to be told.

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    Could one of the pistols (hopefully not the BB gun) also have been stolen from MIT officer?

The article said the terrorists shot 80 rounds. At a press conference, the police chief confirmed 250 to 300 rounds were fired in the shoot out. That means the police shot 170 to 220 rounds!

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Could one of the pistols (hopefully not the BB gun) also have been stolen from MIT officer?

The article said the terrorists shot 80 rounds. At a press conference, the police chief confirmed 250 to 300 rounds were fired in the shoot out. That means the police shot 170 to 220 rounds!

That must have been hell changing out all those mags with that 10 round limit they have there. :innocent0

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The thought just occurred to me that Colt did sell some civilian ARs with M4 marked lowers. A friend of mine has one and was thinking of selling it but loved the M4 rollmarks. So maybe it was a civilian AR with such markings and so that's what the police sources told the press.

Fyi all 6920's and 6940's are rollmarked M4 Carbine now.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Most likely it is a M4 look alike civilian version semi auto with 16" barrel. You know how accurate the news media is with firearm descriptions, of course they don't even know there is a difference.

Guide-to-Firearms1.jpg

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    maybe they gave it to him hahaha

LOL...Holder slipped them one of the "Fast and Furious" guns.

I would like to see the statistics on what percentage of Americans aged 21-35 have an "M4 carbine" or some other semi-auto AR15 version. I'm willing to bet that the numbers would surprise a lot of people.

AR15s have become part of the young American male lifestyle, like UFC fights and Texas Hold-Em. They are no longer the exclusive province of PTSD-ed out veterans and such.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If it were purchased, these kids had some serious bank and some friends in low places.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    LOL...Holder slipped them one of the "Fast and Furious" guns.
    I would like to see the statistics on what percentage of Americans aged 21-35 have an "M4 carbine" or some other semi-auto AR15 version. I'm willing to bet that the numbers would surprise a lot of people.

AR15s have become part of the young American male lifestyle, like UFC fights and Texas Hold-Em. They are no longer the exclusive province of PTSD-ed out veterans and such.

I know this is a little Tinfoilish..but seems like when something big mistake in the government comes out like fast and furious...theres always something bigger that happens to detract the media coverage from it.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick

170 to 220 rounds for two perps? I'm confused because I'm pretty sure Frosh said if you need more than 10 rounds you probably aren't qualified to have a gun.... :sad20:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This story only speaks for an attempt to take the officer's handgun, but it is in-line with thinking that it could be how they acquired the M4.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/...killed-mit-officer-because-they-needed-a-gun/

“The original question is they walked up to that car and appeared they shot the officer in the head unprovoked, that it was an assassination. But why? How did that fit into their plan? The operating theory now in the investigation is they were short one gun. The older brother had a gun. They wanted to get a gun for the younger brother and the fastest and most efficient way they could think of doing it was a surprise attack on a cop, to take his weapon and go. Officer Collier had a locking holster, it’s like a three-way lock. If you don’t know how to remove the gun, you’re not going to get it out. There was apparently an attempt to yank it and they couldn’t get it and left. “

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom