• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AC20814

American
    Mar 8, 2012
    Bethesda, MD
    I was listening to Boston PD dispatch on the scanner that night.

For what it's worth, I heard more than once an officer transmit that he heard automatic gunfire. I particularly remember one officer radioed out: "we need long guns! we need long guns! we have explosions and automatic gunfire!"

I read an article (NY Times?) that quoted Jim Carney as saying that the White House reported that the suspects were heavily armed but they would not disclose any further details at the time.

Without donning too tight a tinfoil hat, maybe the WH doesn't want to reveal that the bombers had gained access to an already "nationally banned" S-1-3 firearm.

I was listening to Boston PD dispatch on the scanner that night.

For what it's worth, I heard more than once an officer transmit that he heard automatic gunfire. I particularly remember one officer radioed out: "we need long guns! we need long guns! we have explosions and automatic gunfire!"

I read an article (NY Times?) that quoted Jim Carney as saying that the White House reported that the suspects were heavily armed but they would not disclose any further details at the time.

Without donning too tight a tinfoil hat, maybe the WH doesn't want to reveal that the bombers had gained access to an already "nationally banned" S-1-3 firearm.

It was also said WH leader Oblama who didn't use the word "terrorist" during his Monday speech but his talking puppet used it immediately after the speech. They're playing the word game on us.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    That must have been hell changing out all those mags with that 10 round limit they have there. :innocent0

Hey, imagine if it were in NY, he'd only have 7 rounds in that 10 round magazine, because he'd never over fill it and not play fair for the police.

J-Dog

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2012
    That would be news to me. In fairly certain that FOX news said that the officer had been killed and his weapon stolen. But that was the night it happened, before the media blitz.
    Also, I was very tired so I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that's what they said.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I posted the link in the main Boston thread. The Boston news is saying they killed the police officer to take his sidearm. They couldn't get it out of the holster. Whether they got a rifle is not mentioned.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    The NYT is most probably owned by Bloomberg, so what would anyone suspect would be published in the newspaper? Information that is vague and misleading. What a criminal, terrorist, or mentally unstable person does with a gun should not affect the vast majority of law abiding citizens. The terrorists started off with bombs and I haven't seen any definitive statement about the firearms or where they came from. All of it is irrelevant to LEGAL gun ownership.

NB1214

Jan 19, 2010
    Charleston, SC
    So which cop lost his m4? MIT COP? MBTA COP? Snagged in the confusion? How does that conversation with his CO go over when he tries to explain a lost carbine.

"Well ya see, whud ha happon wuuzzz...."

Mr H

Banana'd
    That would be news to me. In fairly certain that FOX news said that the officer had been killed and his weapon stolen. But that was the night it happened, before the media blitz.
    Also, I was very tired so I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that's what they said.

It was also reported they had an accomplice in custody. That went away.

It was reported that there are 5 others in custody. Gone.

FBI effed up in tracking Slimebag#1. Fail.

"These are the only people you should be focusing on." Riiiigggghhhht

Just what IS the other hand doing???

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    Amazing no bystanders were killed or injured in that 200+ bullet fusillade. Wouldn't want to be the owner of the properties that backstopped the scene. Do police departments pay for property damage caused by their officers?

Fredneck

Nov 23, 2011
    If you listen to the video of the first shoot out -I swear you hear a .22 rimfire rattling off 3-4 quick rounds. I am wondering if that M4 is was just a .22-or maybe the Law had a suppressed AR?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Big Brother's other hand is twirling his Snidely Whiplash 'stache.

Really, though, it boggles belief that they hand out automatic weapons like candy. I thought those "weapons of war have no place on our streets"...

Hopefully it wasn't because of something like this: http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2015452756_coprifle29m.html

I for one am glad they are handing them out like candy. Especially to campus police at MIT. Hey Scalia, trick or treat... "in common use" must mean something, right?

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    So now they are saying only one gun (a 9mm) was recovered.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...6fc8a0-ad18-11e2-a8b9-2a63d75b5459_story.html

so many things about the reporting has turned out to be wrong. ACK.
    More likely "gun control propaganda" than "wrong".

From the same article: "Law enforcement officials said they do not believe the brothers were connected with a terrorist organization". So it's just a coincidence that they travel to Chechnya and Dagestan, known hotbeds of jihad, then return and plan a bombing.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    More likely "gun control propaganda" than "wrong".

From the same article: "Law enforcement officials said they do not believe the brothers were connected with a terrorist organization". So it's just a coincidence that they travel to Chechnya and Dagestan, known hotbeds of jihad, then return and plan a bombing.

I never attribute to malice what is perfectly explainable by simple asshattery. They had one million people under complete lockdown doing door to door searches but a homeowner found him outside the cordoned area. They fired 200 bullets thursday night and failed to kill one of them. Look at the 4.2 mil that the LA pair got from the Dorner chase because the cops shot up their truck by mistake.

I just dont think they are smart enough to be so clever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom