• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    50 years ago, we institutionalized many more people we do today. If you're saying you like the modern ACLU-supported liberal approach, I question your commitment to any conservative values. Extreme autonomy of deranged people is not a traditional ideal. It's a liberal progressive one.

50 years ago they locked people up for specious reasons.

If youve invented a magic brain scan that predicts violence before it happens, with 100% certainty please tell us what that is. The science to date is not reliable at predicting which mentally ill people will turn violent.

Incidentaly, you are 100% wrong when you say "extreme autonomy... is not a traditional ideal". I think someone said people willing to trade liberty for safety get neither. Liberty demands we let killers roam free, because we cannot compel defendant testimony, because we cannot secure probable cause, because of one sympathetic juror, or because we give them representation. The constitution values liberty more than safety. If liberty is not a traditional patriotic value, I dont know what is. You can belong to both the ACLU and NRA, if you like all your rights. "conservatives" and "liberals" may or may not be enemies of liberty. Politicians and elitists of all stripes usually are.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    50 years ago they locked people up for specious reasons.

If youve invented a magic brain scan that predicts violence before it happens, with 100% certainty please tell us what that is. The science to date is not reliable at predicting which mentally ill people will turn violent.

Incidentaly, you are 100% wrong when you say "extreme autonomy... is not a traditional ideal". I think someone said people willing to trade liberty for safety get neither. Liberty demands we let killers roam free, because we cannot compel defendant testimony, because we cannot secure probable cause, because of one sympathetic juror, or because we give them representation. The constitution values liberty more than safety. If liberty is not a traditional patriotic value, I dont know what is. You can belong to both the ACLU and NRA, if you like all your rights. "conservatives" and "liberals" may or may not be enemies of liberty. Politicians and elitists of all stripes usually are.

So the solution to locking people up for bad reasons is not lock anyone up even for good reasons?

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    We really should not be arguing with fellow gun advocates and we should not be willing to compromise any gun rights at all.

It won't pass constitutional muster. If the bill has any legs they will have to allow grandfathering which would also permit transfer. Just like pre 86 machine guns can be transferred.

The bill in its current form will not go unchanged.

The original 94 ban didn't have a sunset clause.

Yeah about that
    SEC. 8. SEVERABILITY.

If any provision of this Act, an amendment made by this Act, or the application of such provision or amendment to any person or circumstance is held to be unconstitutional, the remainder of this Act, the amendments made by this Act, and the application of such provision or amendment to any person or circumstance shall not be affected thereby.

You would have to sue for every individual section, act, & part of the bill separately, they know it would fail constitutional muster in court and threw this little gem in there.

I find that any debate about gun laws/gun control to be fruitless and gets nowhere, as no one can give me a law that would have prevented a crime from happening they just skirt around and back peddle from admitting a desire or outcome of an all out ban on guns.

The second amendment is simple "shall not be infringed upon" I think all gun laws are unconstitutional and any amount of serious thought about any gun law will lead you to a conclusion of how it's bad or how it will be used to further the agenda of gun confiscation/banning.

On a final note Trump (or anyone) is a dam tool for even entertaining any thought about raising the age to buy a firearm (of any kind) to 21, for crying out loud some people and states want to raise the age to buy any firearm to 21. That law would not allow adults age 18-20 to buy a weapon for self defense and strip that age group of their 2A rights without due process.

Onceuponatime

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 19, 2018
    Banning Bumpstocks means they redefine the meaning of machinegun, which means they will use the new definition to ban semi autos next.

Full Auto and Semi Auto is clearly defined. When you use "rate of fire" as a new definition then all semi autos are in jeopardy if they can be readily modified for increased rate of fire.

What is an acceptable rate of fire? Well it will be whatever they want just like magazine capacity.

Very well stated and this is what they see as their key to a massive weapons ban and an eventual removal of the 2nd Amendment.

Hell, why else do you think this item is coming up again and being talked about when it was not a part of this latest event. Because the rhetoric stalled in October and they know it's still the key for them.

No! We have to make a stand and refuse any infringement. People need to be made to see that these bastards will use the tactics of words to ensnare everything so we end up with no rights at all!

Feb 28, 2013
    Simple. Don't let others dictate the narrative. You answered your own question. If 10,000 people were convinced cat food was beef tenderloin, I won't agree with them because I think "I might look silly" to the people who are conviced Friskies is a delicacy. It's bad enough people are eating and dying from eating laundry detergent. We would NEED to show these people how they are ignorant and being decieved without belittling them. They wouldn't listen to you if you are looking down on them for eating cat food.

If you show them you really care they just might snap out of it. These people think they are helping people by stripping them of their civil rights. We need to make them understand that we actually have the compassionate viewpoint. If you do nothing but conceede, those peolpe will actually think you are doing so because you are guilty and feel that you are wrong, and that is why you are giving in to their demands.

If’n somebody kicked off ‘cuz they was stupid enough to eat laundry detergent, ain’t my problem. :cool:

Stagstalker

Jan 15, 2017
    The cesspool of MD
    Him running his mouth is an asset, but some prefer everything be done as in the past...keeping everything in the dark, thats the way the enemy likes it. If your paying attention, it was his way of saying "placing yourself in the position for life is not near as admiral and Nobel as being elected by the majority". ....and there will be cursing and gnashing of teeth...

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I wonder how our current MSM would have reacted to Reagan's "mike check" comment about bombing Russia.

[YT]Zv13ZnkpWos[/YT]

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I would rather have a useless item banned than all semi-auto firearms. Seems you would rather lose everything.

I would rather losing nothing and gain the riddance of the NFA. I'd prefer that machine guns, suppressors, and SBR/SBS be cash and carry without a Form 4 and that I be allowed to build any of them without a Form 1. Not only that, but I would like to be able to buy brand new machine guns cash and carry with only NICS check.

I prefer to get back some of the stuff we have lost of the decades, and not lose one iota more.

j.smooth4

Feb 24, 2017
    Laurel, MD
    To the new guys: I understand where you guys are coming from with give a little get a little with all the BS coming down the pipe. If you get rubbed the wrong way don't take it personal, and we really are glad your here. But you have to understand this, a lot of us have spent years going to Annapolis seeing legiscriiters, testifying, walking the bricks. The gun control nazis don't deal. They throw shit against the wall in hopes some of it sticks and come back year after year for another bite at the apple. It's death by a thousand cuts with these assholes. SB281 was a huge eye opener, we were lied to, patronized and basically sneered at. We showed up by the thousands and kept them from getting everything they wanted but believe me the fix was already in! So like the others have said not one inch with these scumbags. They know we aren't the problem and they don't care. Total ban is their ultimate wet dream regardless of what they say to your face.

I want to put this as my sig causal gun people especially in other states don't understand until they are living in a state like new jersey new york California or here

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I want to put this as my sig causal gun people especially in other states don't understand until they are living in a state like new jersey new york California or here

I have lived in Connecticut, New Jersey, Virginia and nwo Florida, so I totally get it. However, a large majority of Americans support new restrictions in the abstract, especially to reduce mass shootings. If the average person wants to try to have a discussion about ways to keep guns out of the hands of the violent and mentally ill, screaming "The 2nd Amendment says 'shall not be infringed.' No exceptions" is the surest way to lose these ordinary people who are generally sympathetic of gun rights. We need a different approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom