• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 19, 2016
    We don't need it IF and only if we actually institutionalize our crazies and sociopaths. Right now, we don't.

The laws don't stop anyone. They only serve as a punitive measure once a crime has been commited. Instead of depriving people of thier civil rights that effort can be directed into helping people to gain the knowledge and skills to defend themselves and also to help those who need assistance to get their lives in order before they harm themselves or others. We already have tons of laws already on the books that prosecutors refuse to employ.

**edit** That being said, why aren't the prosecutors actually holding dangerous people accountable instead of harlemss people?

Last edited:

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I disagree. Some people seem to think so, or that the ban for 18-21 year olds will end there. Until you see the full on ban with 146 co sponsors, people dont believe it.

So might I ask again, if we know that confiscation is the end game, why in the hell would we voluntarily bargain away anything related to 2A? Are we just trying to keep the water from boiling while we're alive? Our children? Perhaps their children?

Not one inch. Molon labe.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    The same people who are concerned about over-incarceration want to punish everyone else for the consequence. We let criminals go free all the time, for various reasons, and more than half (that we know of) re-offend.

Fine, don't want crazies and criminals incarcerated, I have no problem with that. But don't punish law abiding people by taking away their rights.

I never argued otherwise. Glad we're in agreement here.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    I disagree. Some people seem to think so, or that the ban for 18-21 year olds will end there. Until you see the full on ban with 146 co sponsors, people dont believe it.

The fact that "high capacity" magazine has dropped from 15 to 10, then to 7 in New York, and now 5 is being proposed in NJ, should disabuse anyone of that notion.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    The laws don't stop anyone. They only serve as a punitive measure once a crime has been commited. Instead of depriving people of thier civil rights that effort can be directed into helping people to gain the knowledge and skills to defend themselves and also to help those who need assistance to get their lives in order before they harm themselves or others. We already have tons of laws already on the books that prosecutors refuse to employ.

**edit** That being said, why aren't the prosecutors actually holding dangerous people accountable instead of harlemss people?

With respect to criminals, I agree. But the laws have intentionally made it VERY difficult to institutionalize people. It needs to be much easier.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Actually, also a lot of semi shotguns too. "more than 5 rounds" is relative to the length of shell.

BANNED

85133-catalog.jpg

Ahem. Semi-auto shotguns are semi-auto long guns. ;)

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    So might I ask again, if we know that confiscation is the end game, why in the hell would we voluntarily bargain away anything related to 2A? Are we just trying to keep the water from boiling while we're alive? Our children? Perhaps their children?

Not one inch. Molon labe.
    Amen to that.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Look no further than Bloomberg-funded "studies" identifying people as mentally ill for simply wanting to buy/own guns.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Yes. Anyone who would have been institutionalized prior to the 70s should be reinstitutionalized, and added to the NICS database.

I'm more concerned with the real world, not the fantasy world you're living in.

I didn't say I want anything regulated at all. Jesus Christ, you people are as bad as the SJWs

Return to the system we had in the 1950s for forced institutionalization. Bring it back.

Yes, there was. All of those people would have been locked up in the past.

If there was grounds for a charge. My point is that he was mentally ill even if he hadn't committed any crimes, and should have been committed on that basis alone. We need to make it much easier to lock up crazy people.

Again, using the standards used prior to the 70s.

Honestly, I don't really care. If we lock up a schizophrenic or verifiable sociopath who isn't there to run around screaming on the subway and pushing people in front of trains, we're a better off society.

So we have to let schizoprehnics and bipolar people wreak havoc on society, screaming at people and themselves, and can't do anything until it's too late? No thanks.

Look, there are two ways to stop most mass shootings, you can either 1) confiscate all firearms or 2) lock up our sociopaths/schizophrenics. That's it. If you aren't willing to do either (and I'm not willing to do the first), then you're conceding that mass shootings have to be allowed to happen. I'm not willing to do that.

That's when I exercise my 2nd Amendment remedy.

Look, society has throughout history locked away its mentally ill. This isn't something novel.

By that (ridiculous) standard, denying gun ownership to violent felons is gun control too.

Right, not every schizophrenic will be violent, but society is still better off with them institutionalized. Even if they're not dangerous, they're annoying and disruptive.

Have you been on a NYC subway train with some random schizophrenic running around screaming? Schizophrenics shouldn't have any "rights" other than to be locked in a cage.

I'm not, which is why I moved to Florida. :)

We don't need it IF and only if we actually institutionalize our crazies and sociopaths. Right now, we don't.

With respect to criminals, I agree. But the laws have intentionally made it VERY difficult to institutionalize people. It needs to be much easier.

So here, on the open Internet is one if “us” who can’t stop talking about institutionalizing “sociopaths”, which every wife or girlfriend happily identifies all of us as...

Hell, I’m a sociopath for multi-quoting this ClocksAndPastries Poop Blizzard, so I guess I’m getting locked up.

If this is not thread-pooping that heaps disdain on MDS, I don’t knows what is.

Sociopath here....peace, out.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    And while we’re at it...let’s rewind the videotape to August 29, 2016....

Hi everyone, I'm just stopping in to say hello. I don't live in Maryland, but am stuck in the People's Republic of NJ, where things are arguably worse. At what point do we stop litigating cases we won't win?

... which is why I moved to Florida. :)

Oh GREAT....a lawyer...from New Jersey...who won’t litigate.....so he’s a white flag waver who gives up on our rights... ..moves to Florida.... and nags us from his beach chair that we’re doing it wrong in Maryland...

THANKS OBAMA!

MULE-JK

Stiff Member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Mt. Airy
    Right, not every schizophrenic will be violent, but society is still better off with them institutionalized. Even if they're not dangerous, they're annoying and disruptive.

Be careful what you ask for. The fact that you have no empathy for menatlly ill people leads one to believe you are a scociopath.

Society is full of sociopaths. Most function just fine and are not dangerous.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    And while we’re at it...let’s rewind the videotape to August 29, 2016....

Oh GREAT....a lawyer...from New Jersey...who won’t litigate, and so gives up on our rights....moves to Florida and nags us from his beach chair that we’re doing it wrong....

THANKS OBAMA!

Alright, that's funny. :lol:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Actually, Chad takes the bow for adding to the funny with the link below....

Attachments

• EC965DCD-49D7-41C8-8AA6-33B207CF36FC.jpg
      EC965DCD-49D7-41C8-8AA6-33B207CF36FC.jpg
      74.6 KB · Views: 193
    • 2B11ABF2-E70A-4FEC-B389-492462C50515.jpeg
      2B11ABF2-E70A-4FEC-B389-492462C50515.jpeg
      25.2 KB · Views: 189

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members