• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Glad you spoke up. You hear stories everyday about someone getting their life wrecked by an overzealous prosecutor, at the end they may be found innocent great awesome, but even if you survive the over reach of the government you are never truly made whole after that. Look at Rittenhouse found not guilt but he still is dealing with the fall out.
    You wanna talk about over-zealous proscution and ruined lives, don't forget Zimmerman. Railroaded by a special prosecutor when the local guys wouldn't touch the case, as it was straight-up self defense. Blindsided by Bigot Barack, who felt Trayvon could have been his son (as if he isn't himself totally fey and married to a seeming tranny). Nice outcome for George, who might have been better off with his brains smeared all over the sidewalk.

Faugh.

obama.jpg

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    No, I mean like people who have a security clearance, or who do work with agencies that won't touch them if they have some sort of ugly wake behind them with law enforcement. Ask people who are literally in DC prison right now completely broke and in solitary still waiting after two years for a trial. Those kind of people. It is odd you think they're some sort of chumps, or whatever it is that makes you so dismissive over what can and does happen if a federal agency gets a burr under its saddle about you, even over something seemingly trivial.
    So the Founding Fathers weren't like those people? They didn't have families, businesses, houses, etc to lose?

I agree with your point that standing up for your rights can get you broke. It's wrong, but it's true. But Combloc's point was that the Founders risked all that stuff, AND their lives, AND the lives of their families as well.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So the Founding Fathers weren't like those people? They didn't have families, businesses, houses, etc to lose?

I agree with your point that standing up for your rights can get you broke. It's wrong, but it's true. But Combloc's point was that the Founders risked all that stuff, AND their lives, AND the lives of their families as well.
    For which we should all be eternally grateful. But it's 2023, not 1776. We have liberty-minded people rotting in solitary for two years without a trial for doing things that members of the lefty groups did twenty times worse for an entire summer. That's reality, that's what we're up against. On this topic, the notion that depriving a federal agency of a lazy excuse for a protracted, life-ruining prosecution is somehow deciding to become a slave is some pretty insulting BS. Why pay income taxes? Why register your car? Why comply with petty building codes if all of those things were anathema to the founders? Because real life and family responsibilities, dependents. We know that Combloc is wealthy, doesn't need a job, and has a plan to live under an alias in the woods if he gets indicted for something, and isn't worried about fallout on family members in his care, etc. Not everyone has all that lined up, so that must make us super happy slaves, I guess.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Wealthy? LOL. You do know I'm a government employee with EVERYTHING to lose, correct?

As for "reality, what we're up against", well, the Founding Fathers were up against the hangman, not jailtime. And the men who fought in the fields for the Cause were up against bullets, not lawyers. That's reality, and it's what gave each of us the ability to experience the lives we live today. You can either champion their Sacrifice, or you can squander it. I won't articulate on a public forum what think of those who rationalize their compliance in the name of comfort; better to follow the path of the French in the mid 20th century.

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Wealthy? LOL. You do know I'm a government employee with EVERYTHING to lose, correct?
    You need to work on your sarcasm detector. But the central point remains. You're not worried about having your life wrecked by the feds (as they're doing right not to lots of people), but some of us have obligations that make it worth not baiting them on some matters where it's free not to and otherwise really doesn't matter.

As for your status as a government employee with everything to lose: your own language over the years says that you're exactly the slave you're telling other people not to be.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    You need to work on your sarcasm detector. But the central point remains. You're not worried about having your life wrecked by the feds (as they're doing right not to lots of people), but some of us have obligations that make it worth not baiting them on some matters where it's free not to and otherwise really doesn't matter.

As for your status as a government employee with everything to lose: your own language over the years says that you're exactly the slave you're telling other people not to be.
    I have a brace, but I am only a fraction of 1/1000th of a percent.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Going to a range or out of state with a firearm that breaks a law/rule that no one is actively enforcing is in no way drawing lines of comparison to the founding fathers. Let’s stop with that conjecture and strip off the nobility badge. Everyone is handling this bs their own way and there is no high ground.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House

LOL. Keep telling yourself this. It'll help when you look in the mirror.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    LOL. Keep telling yourself this. It'll help when you look in the mirror.
    Stop being so glib, and be specific. Keep telling myself WHAT? That the feds can wreck your life over nonsense and that we have numerous examples of that happening around us right now? Tell me you are aware of that, or tell me it's not happening. Pick one, then we go from there.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    You're a lost cause, my friend, and not worth wasting further time on. Those who get it, get it. You do not and are clearly unable to do so.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    To each their own, but we ALL have to pick our battles, and decide what is best for us, and our families. Of course there are volumes of unconstitutional laws, our rights have been infringed in countless ways, but reality has to be considered.

Those that "live like the founders intended" more power to you, but why stop at braces, why not punch 3rd holes, cut out lighting links, or wave your FRT triggers around and tell .gov to F-off. Or are you also picking your battles against a government that has literally entrapped, raided and murdered people over NFA enforcement. How about put down the keyboard, stop paying taxes, declare your person and property sovereign, and march down to DC to fight the tyranny we live with every day. Maybe just keep writing letters, donating to 2A orgs, keep mostly lawful, realize others are making the choice that is best for them, and stop pretending we are a badass that the US government cannot tame.

I won't judge those who brave the BS and push back, in fact I support a few that do just that. Also won't judge those who are not willing to take the chance of becoming a defendant, a bullet riddled corpse in their doorway or sitting in federal prison, all for exercising our constitutionally guaranteed 2A rights.

King Chicken

I identify as King/Emperor
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 24, 2022
    Land Full of Marys - MoCo
    For the idiots on here like myself...does this mean I can now build an ar9 with pistol brace at any length? All these 2a games confuse me :(

The amount of time myself and others have been lost keeping up with the game dems play legally is criminal. Why don't we fire back and play with illegal search and seizure and throw them all on an island.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom