• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Cool! Makes sense but I half way thought that someone said elsewhere that buying it as a pistol and then adding a folding stock somehow makes it a no go. Makes no sense. How reliable has it been?
    Runs great. I don't think I've ever had a failure to feed, fire, or extract. I did whack a finger on my support hand once while ungracefully slapping the charging handle down. That big heavy sliding bolt and spring thump forward with authority. I have a telescoping/collapsible brace on this Micro. That Star Wars looking optic is a Vortex Razor AMG UH-1 that's super quick on target acquisition. Magpul 35-round mag. You can't even see any of the blood stains from that one finger injury! Wipes right off. Also, when I woke up the day after getting it, I could speak Czech well enough to order beer.

cz_scorpion_razor_amg.jpg

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I’m wondering this too. Can I buy a CZ Scorpion (as a pistol) and add a folding stock or is that considered an SBR?
    If you add a folding stock, then it's a SBR. Subject to the NFA and MD's 29" overall length.

If you add a pistol brace, then it still a pistol. It's still a pistol...

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I was asking about a folding pistol brace.
    Folding makes no difference to a pistol.
    A folding stock (on an SBR) counts as one of the 'MD evil features'. By itself its fine but you can't also have a flash hider on it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If you add a folding stock, then it's a SBR. Subject to the NFA and MD's 29" overall length.

If you add a pistol brace, then it still a pistol. It's still a pistol...
    I was asking about a folding pistol brace.
    Folding makes no difference to a pistol.
    A folding stock (on an SBR) counts as one of the 'MD evil features'. By itself its fine but you can't also have a flash hider on it.
    A couple points:
    If you are talking about a folding 'stock', ie a folding buffer tube, you can put them on any and all AR15s that rely on that buffer tube to enable it to fire semi-automatically. The LAW type folder comes to mind. It will NOT count as an evil feature.

In any event, a folding stock that allows the gun to be fired in semi-auto mode WILL count as an evil feature.

Also, as far as a folding brace is concerned, it is NOT a stock, and in theory, not supposed to be shouldered. Who knows where that one will end up, but for now, we are back to legally using braces on our pistols(some of us never stopped).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CZBren

Latest threads

Top Bottom