• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    You really have no idea what that means. A rile scope is not an establishment of religion. Sorry... Establishment clause . Free excercises clause. Funny no words like 'seperate' here is the funny part, I am an atheist. The rifle scope does not intimidate me, and if a few references to scripture helps our service men and women with the free exercise part I an fine with it.

Complain when they are forcing people to engage in religious service until then that is all.

I'm not intimidated either. It doesn't affect me in the least. But I know that if it was shown to be from any other religious text, a lot of people would be upset.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Tin foil is on a little tight there, I think. Your points appear to come from ignorance. And I mean that in the simple sense that you don't know the facts.

Global warming is a fact. No non-wacko scientist says it is not. How much of it is caused by us is still an open question, I think, but that average temperatures are rising is an established fact.

Catholics do not have the right not to be offended. In fact, the First Amendment protects YOU from people who are offended by what YOU DO!
    Thus, you have the Constitutionally-guaranteed right to believe that global warming is bunk, or that Jesus and not Allah or Satan is your savior, or that gays should be discriminated against.
    (I abhor abortion, but not offending people is not why.)

Finally, it is 100% legal to refuse US currency:
    http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/faqs/Currency/Pages/legal-tender.aspx

Your sarcasim detector is set much to low for my style.

And no global warming is still a working hypothesis , but that's not the point . This started with the claim that serial numbers referencing scripture are an establishment clause violation. If that is true then so is in God we trust.

Re currency Very cute. But that is a Refusal to enter into a contract on cash terms. Not even the same issue.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    While some are focused on the global warming part, whether it's true or not, a lot of people forget the fact that we're still trashing the environment. Whether or not global warming is true and caused by man, we're still making a mess of other things.

I believe we should be a good steward of the earth in all respects.
    I also believe that the natural order of things (ie solar events, natural weather cycles, etc) far outweigh most of mankind's affect on our planet. That's no excuse to put chicken manure in the bay though.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    And it would still not be an establishment clause violation.

Fair enough.

I believe we should be a good steward of the earth in all respects.
    I also believe that the natural order of things (ie solar events, natural weather cycles, etc) far outweigh most of mankind's affect on our planet. That's no excuse to put chicken manure in the bay though.

Pretty much how I view things.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    I kind of don't see what this matters... If you don't believe in it then it's really just some numbers and letters. Let it go... move on.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I kind of don't see what this matters... If you don't believe in it then it's really just some numbers and letters. Let it go... move on.

No way, it's my God given right as an American to be offended and to make others aware I'm offended and to form groups of like-minded Americans with too much time on their hands to hold meetings and let others know through the media we're offended. It says so in the Constitution.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    And because of the First Amendment you are free to do so!

If it wasn't for the First, you might be forced to say in Allah you trust instead. So thank your lucky stars you live where the First Amendment exists, and that it protects your religious freedom and prevents the government from forcing any particular religion down your throat.

So unless you are a hypocrite, you must also recognize other people's freedom to pursue their own religion (or lack of) too!

yep:thumbsup:Also if it wasn't for the second the first wouldn't be around:D

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    MadCat0911
    "Under god" was added in 1954, as the cold war and McCarthyism was gaining strength. It was a way to say that the christian god was on our side and not on the side of the USSR. McCarthyism was big on calling the citizens of the USSR "atheistic communists" while spreading his fear of the USSR to the masses here.

"Atheistic communists" was quite correct; the Soviet Union and communism were founded on the religious tenet of atheism. As far as America and God, you might want to take a look at the founding of America. Does "all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights" sound like something atheists and agnostics came up with?

Also, Yahweh, Allah, and "God" are all the same, just different fanfic. Buddha's not a god.

A common misconception amongst multi-cultis, who tend to uncritically accept the claims of moslem apologists at face value. There is no link between Judeo-Christian history and moslem beliefs, other than the claims made by mohammed when he co-opted the Bible to support his new religion. The meccans worshipped allah, who, as mo wrote, had three other goddesses, Allāt, al-'Uzzā and Manā, not to mention dijinn. There's tons of info you can look up on the matter, since the moslems and Western liberals have been falling all over themselves for years trying to defend some of those odd assertions.

Boosh
    If the company had pulled a similar quote from the Koran people would be UP IN ARMS.

No chance of seeing quotes on gear from a company like that. The US military wouldn't be buying donkey-bombs, decapitation scimitars, suicide vests and pressure-cookers packed with ball-bearings in the first place.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Glad you think you know me. You guys talk about liberty then talk about restricting other sides of things. Do it all or don't do it at all.

While i think you do have bearing with that statement, because there are a lot of 1 way people.

However in this situation it doesnt count. The ACOG is a product made by Trijicon. Triji designed it that way. Thanks in part to the 1st amendment they can do that on their product as they please. The Gov bought them that way before. It is what it is.

I dont think the tax dollars are worth wasting just because some people are offended.

I do however support the resale of the surplus acogs for dirt cheap lol

I have yet to be offended in my short 26 years of life. Ive seen things that can offend me but because i respect my fellow human, it doesnt bother me.

All in all, if trijicon wants to put "fuucckk you" or "we suck big donkey balls" on their scope, its their product. If someone doesnt like it, dont buy it.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    If you don't like it, buy a different scope.

+1. to all those up in arms over this, they can go sit and spin for all I care.

The issue is that when the Army awarded the contract, the scripture reference wasn't part of the specs. IMO, as it came from the manufacturer and the US govt/military had absolutely nothing to do with it, there's no reason for this to have been blown up so much. the forced recall is a little strong-handed though. modify new ones before deploying, demand Trijicon remove the reference all on future sights, or just leave it up to the end user to do with as they please. It's not like this is mandated by the govt. get over it ppl (I'm not religious fwiw).

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    No chance of seeing quotes on gear from a company like that. The US military wouldn't be buying donkey-bombs, decapitation scimitars, suicide vests and pressure-cookers packed with ball-bearings in the first place.

hahahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom