• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I thought the military was all purging religious references from equipment because, if our guys are captured, they're already in a world of s**t. If we give those yo-yo's any extra justification at all, real or imagined, that they're not just soldiers, but crusaders, they'll really bring the hurt down on them.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I thought the military was all purging religious references from equipment because, if our guys are captured, they're already in a world of s**t. If we give those yo-yo's any extra justification at all, real or imagined, that they're not just soldiers, but crusaders, they'll really bring the hurt down on them.

Because otherwise they'd sit around and share a beer with em?

Come on now.

Gdud50

Apr 8, 2013
    What if the sniper is Jewish?

:innocent0

When the story first broke a few years ago I went around and inspected the acogs my unit in the Israeli army was using to see if we had any. About half of them had the bible verses and no one gave a damn. No one knew they were there before I pointed it out and once they were made aware they cared about the verses for less time than it took me to write this post.

I'm not sure what the fuss is, other than people being bored and feeling the need to make a big stink out of everything.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Congress, in direct violation of the First Amendment ("Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"), added the phrase "Under God" to the Pledge in 1954.

Does adding "One Nation, Under God" establish a religion? Really? You're serious?

This country really is circling the drain.:sad20:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:It sounds very vague to me...it just says Under God...it doesn't say Yahweh or Buddha...I bet if it said ALLAH people would throw a tizzy fit because that's a specific "god"....I am glad it says God!

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Not the Bible references I was expecting. How about:

Psalm 144:1
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

"The Lord shall go forth like a mighty man; He shall stir up His zeal like a man of war. He shall cry out, yes, shout aloud; He shall prevail against His enemies." (Isaiah 42:13)

Judges 5:31
    "So may all your enemies perish, O LORD! But may they who love you be like the sun when it rises in its strength."

"Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you." (Luke 10:19)

Psalm 18:39
    For you equipped me with strength for the battle; you made those who rise against me sink under me.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Does adding "One Nation, Under God" establish a religion? Really? You're serious?

This country really is circling the drain.:sad20:

The country is definitely circling the drain when people can't understand the simple concept that promoting god in the Pledge is "establishing religion". :sad20:

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    The country is definitely circling the drain when people can't understand the simple concept that promoting god in the Pledge is "establishing religion". :sad20:

x2.
    The country was doing ok for the first ~150years w/o the reference. Correlating w/ the last 50, indicates its addition is the reason the country is currently circling the drain.

Oh, and the drop in pirates is causing global warming!

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:It sounds very vague to me...it just says Under God...it doesn't say Yahweh or Buddha...I bet if it said ALLAH people would throw a tizzy fit because that's a specific "god"....I am glad it says God!

Then why capitalize it? If it's not a specific god, there's no need for capitalizing it like it was a proper noun. Or why not say under gods? I mean, it could be any god of any religion right, and some have multiple gods.

Also, Yahweh, Allah, and "God" are all the same, just different fanfic. Buddha's not a god.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013

*ahem* Lest you forget those of us godless heathens who do not believe in a magic man in the sky.

Spatha

Sep 17, 2011
    AA County
    Mine was jn8-12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

There was talk in every year that the ACOGs that had scripture marking on them would be pulled. That just made us want them more.
    In fact some of us went and bought our own just in case. The passages make sense for an optic with an illuminated reticle.
    There is also that tongue in cheek idea that - if that guy doesn't inbahta most rikky tik I will show him the light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom