• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broder

Jan 13, 2013
    The scopes were made by Trijicom and referenced New Testament passages in John 8:12 and Second Corinthians 4:6. The verses appeared at the end of the scope serial numbers – “JN8:12” and “2COR4:6.”

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/army-removes-bible-reference-from-scopes.html

It's sad to watch the U.S. Army slide into politically correct oblivion. I hope we never lose our economic and technological advantage over the rest of the world's militaries. I am not sure how well out new Godless, LBGT friendly, sexually integrated Army is going to do in an even or worse odds fight.

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    Isn't this from like 5 years ago?

The date on the story is today but after a few minutes I did come across the wikipedia page that says the original story came out back in 2010. To be clear, the Fox story from today mentions the 2010 incident. I guess there are still scopes out there in the active inventory with the labeling.

Either way, I was unaware (obviously) of this issue. Interesting for me and perhaps others who were not aware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trijicon_biblical_verses_controversy

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Why would the army have them on in the first place? There are lots of soldiers who are of other faiths or no faith at all.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    THe sad part is I bet 90% of the people would not even know what those numbers ment if some ******* would not have brought it up.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Why would the army have them on in the first place? There are lots of soldiers who are of other faiths or no faith at all.

Trijicon won the contract and Trijicon encripts a scripture reference into their model numbers. No different than if they named a product "Job's Revenge" or "Lot's Wife."

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Trijicon won the contract and Trijicon encripts a scripture reference into their model numbers. No different than if they named a product "Job's Revenge" or "Lot's Wife."

Ah, I didn't know Trijicon does that normally. Still, I don't think it'd be a smart thing to have on our issued military gear. We're not exactly going to win the war on terror if all of Islam thinks it's a Christian vs Islam thing instead of an American vs Terrorist thing. It definitely goes against the whole win over the hearts and minds of the people there and get them to want to work with us instead of groups like the Taliban.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A

This.

Ah, I didn't know Trijicon does that normally. Still, I don't think it'd be a smart thing to have on our issued military gear. We're not exactly going to win the war on terror if all of Islam thinks it's a Christian vs Islam thing instead of an American vs Terrorist thing. It definitely goes against the whole win over the hearts and minds of the people there and get them to want to work with us instead of groups like the Taliban.

And this.

/thread

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    How is this a "National 2A Issue"?

And would you object if the Army bought scopes that said "الله أكبر" on the side?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    This is what one of the inscriptions says: ACOG4X32JN8:12.
    To those who are aware, it references John 8:12.
    To those who are unaware, its meaningless.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Have you ever seen how small this is printed on their scopes and sights? If the enemy can read it, you are in serious trouble.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Good, our army, much like our nation, is made up of a plethora of religious and non religious people alike. We shouldn't be pushing anyone to believe anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom