• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I'm not sure what the fuss is, other than people being bored and feeling the need to make a big stink out of everything.

Welcome to the US!

Where you not only have to find something to be offended about, but you are obligated to parse words, dig down, misconstrue or make sh|t up in order to find offense.

It must be nice to live in a country where you have actual problems to worry about like all your neighbors want to kill you than whether someone made remark that might possibly be interpreted as having a vague reference to some designated victim group you may be a part of.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:It sounds very vague to me...it just says Under God...it doesn't say Yahweh or Buddha...I bet if it said ALLAH people would throw a tizzy fit because that's a specific "god"....I am glad it says God!

Saying “God” in general supports specific religions. Some religions don’t have any gods, such as certain sects of Buddhism, while others have multiple gods. You also have to take into account Atheists and “Non affiliated” people. 30% of people under 30 years of age now go by “Non affiliated”. The belief in god/organized religion is slowly going away in this country and if the rate at which it is going continues, organized religion will be mostly gone within three generations.

The phrase “Under God” just doesn’t represent us as a nation and gives the nod only to specific monotheistic religions while neglecting all the others. So yes, it does support certain people over others. It’s unconstitutional and should not be on any form of government documentation.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    Welcome to the US!

Where you not only have to find something to be offended about, but you are obligated to parse words, dig down, misconstrue or make sh|t up in order to find offense.

It must be nice to live in a country where you have actual problems to worry about like all your neighbors want to kill you than whether someone made remark that might possibly be interpreted as having a vague reference to some designated victim group you may be a part of.

I'm not offended by anything religious. The problem is that the biggest thing we're told that separates us from "those crazy religious countries" is that we are not, in fact, a country run by religion. But when stuff like this comes to light, it's just another example of someone trying to squeeze in religious references where they do not belong. Yes it is just a short little quip that makes sense when applied to the scope. But it's from a religious text. If the company had pulled a similar quote from the Koran people would be UP IN ARMS. But because it's the bible, everyone's like "meh who cares". Do you see the problem here? We are NOT a Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or Buddhist nation. Our country has no national religion, and it shouldn't.

It can be compared to gun control. If we don't make a stand over the smallest infractions, then one day we'll wake up without our guns. Same thing goes with the involvement of religion in law.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    Saying “God” in general supports specific religions. Some religions don’t have any gods, such as certain sects of Buddhism, while others have multiple gods. You also have to take into account Atheists and “Non affiliated” people. 30% of people under 30 years of age now go by “Non affiliated”. The belief in god/organized religion is slowly going away in this country and if the rate at which it is going continues, organized religion will be mostly gone within three generations.

The phrase “Under God” just doesn’t represent us as a nation and gives the nod only to specific monotheistic religions while neglecting all the others. So yes, it does support certain people over others. It’s unconstitutional and should not be on any form of government documentation.

Yup.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    That's un-American. I want to see some righteous indignation pretty soon or I'm going to start suspecting you're part of a sleeper cell.

You made me laugh :)

relevant:
    391344_461422320545451_1331369067_n.jpg

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

And people wonder why this country is going downhill....:sad20: I will say Under God or in God I trust till the day I die...
    You made me laugh :)

relevant:
    391344_461422320545451_1331369067_n.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    And people wonder why this country is going downhill....:sad20: I will say Under God or in God I trust till the day I die...

It's not lack of religion in government, because all that meddling is new (within the last 60 years).

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air

And because of the First Amendment you are free to do so!

If it wasn't for the First, you might be forced to say in Allah you trust instead. So thank your lucky stars you live where the First Amendment exists, and that it protects your religious freedom and prevents the government from forcing any particular religion down your throat.

So unless you are a hypocrite, you must also recognize other people's freedom to pursue their own religion (or lack of) too!

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Good, our army, much like our nation, is made up of a plethora of religious and non religious people alike. We shouldn't be pushing anyone to believe anything.

Unless its gay marriage... Cause this government never tells people what to believe ( global warming ) or do ( Obama care) or offends the religious sensibilities of Catholics ( abortion).

No you are quite right ..I mean subliminal messages is serial numbers ... some fool might think God put it there himself. Were will it end? Why someday some pernious message like " in god we trust " might show up on Government issued currency .. And you know that it is illegal to refuse such currency even if it offends you..

I am so proud that only officially approved mind control messages will be tolerated.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    Unless its gay marriage... Cause this government never tells people what to believe ( global warming ) or do ( Obama care) or offends the religious sensibilities of Catholics ( abortion).

No you are quite right ..I mean subliminal messages is serial numbers ... some fool might think God put it there himself. Were will it end? Why someday some pernious message like " in god we trust " might show up on Government issued currency .. And you know that it is illegal to refuse such currency even if it offends you..

I am so proud that only officially approved mind control messages will be tolerated.

Nobody is forcing you to gay marry, or believe global warming (though the entire scientific community backs it), or have an abortion. I will agree with you on the obama care thing, though. It is like most of the legislation in this country, and half assed.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Nobody is forcing you to gay marry, or believe global warming (though the entire scientific community backs it), or have an abortion. I will agree with you on the obama care thing, though. It is like most of the legislation in this country, and half assed.

And no one is forcing you to pray to your rife scope.;)

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

The State forces people to accept Gay Marriage (Once its passed) and even participate in weddings even if it violates a persons Religion.

The entire Scientific Community does not support Global Warming. Its been shown to be crap except for a few whackos.

With a name mike "B00sh" I guess I should have expected answers like yours though.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    And no one is forcing you to pray to your rife scope.;)

It's not my scope, it's a government owned scope. Religion and government should stay separate. It's in the constitution. If you want to wave the constitution over guns or search and seizure or free speech, you also need to acknowledge the parts about no state religion.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    The State forces people to accept Gay Marriage and even participate in weddings even if it violates a persons Religion.

The entire Scientific Community does not support Global Warming. Its been shown to be crap except for a few whackos.

With a name mike "B00sh" I guess I should have expected answers like yours though.

Glad you think you know me. You guys talk about liberty then talk about restricting other sides of things. Do it all or don't do it at all.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013

Climate change is a scientific fact at this point. I don’t debate people on climate change much like how I don’t debate people that still believe that the earth is flat. Show me peer reviewed scientific evidence that climate change doesn’t exist. Until then I am going to go with what essentially every other scientist has already proven to be correct.

Likewise, no one is forcing you to get an abortion or to gay marry. They also are not forcing churches to have these ceremonies. You obviously do not understand how these new laws work. What this means is that the state will now grant marriage licenses to homosexual couples. These couples will now be granted the same rights as any other married couple. It does not mean that they can go into any church and demand that a priest marry them. Our country has separation of Church and State so the State will never be allowed to force the Church to do anything of this nature.

Obamacare on the other hand is bad. It is forcing you to do something (Buy insurance).

Do you see the trend here? Force and unscientific research = bad, freedom and facts = good. If anyone is going to defend the 2nd amendment they must also be willing to defend all the others. Each right is just as important as the next and to allow one to be taken away is to allow them all. You are free to pray to God as much as you want just like how my children should be free from religion when they go to school.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air

Tin foil is on a little tight there, I think. Your points appear to come from ignorance. And I mean that in the simple sense that you don't know the facts.

Global warming is a fact. No non-wacko scientist says it is not. How much of it is caused by us is still an open question, I think, but that average temperatures are rising is an established fact.

Catholics do not have the right not to be offended. In fact, the First Amendment protects YOU from people who are offended by what YOU DO!
    Thus, you have the Constitutionally-guaranteed right to believe that global warming is bunk, or that Jesus and not Allah or Satan is your savior, or that gays should be discriminated against.
    (I abhor abortion, but not offending people is not why.)

Finally, it is 100% legal to refuse US currency:
    http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/faqs/Currency/Pages/legal-tender.aspx

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    It's not my scope, it's a government owned scope. Religion and government should stay separate. It's in the constitution. If you want to wave the constitution over guns or search and seizure or free speech, you also need to acknowledge the parts about no state religion.

You really have no idea what that means. A rile scope is not an establishment of religion. Sorry... Establishment clause . Free excercises clause. Funny no words like 'seperate' here is the funny part, I am an atheist. The rifle scope does not intimidate me, and if a few references to scripture helps our service men and women with the free exercise part I an fine with it.

Complain when they are forcing people to engage in religious service until then that is all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom