• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigTruck_ZeroF$$ks

Aug 9, 2022
    Baltimore
    Correct. The accepted date is the driver. There is a relationship between NICS-approved, but it's not a significant driver. NICS is good for 30 days, so for those that have gotten it early, I expect it had been re-done after the initial run.

This is not accurate.

The accepted date is the driver.
    Yes but most people who started application first, then came back and completed it, manage to get accepted dates faster than someone who submitted same time as them.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    @BoondockSaint - How hard would it be to add the highest permit number recorded and maybe the first recorded number to the data updates? How about the latest accepted/nics date pair and/or latest NICS/Approved date pair? Like maybe once per week?
    Everyone has access to the highest daily reported permit number by checking the postings on the tracking thread.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yes but most people who started application first, then came back and completed it, manage to get accepted dates faster than someone who submitted same time as them.
    That's an illusion. What you're really seeing there is that some people very early in the game - before the big rush - had already started their applications and completed their 16 hour requirement early on (submitted before the middle of July). Yes, those people got their applications accepted in relatively short order, but NOT because their application start date was sooner. It was because they submitted their applications before the system got so swamped by thousands of others towards the end of July and early August.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I’m proof of that. I started my app on June 20. Submitted 6-23 day of decision.

Approved 27 days later 7-20

As Occam mentioned it was the small load on the system, not the date I started the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DFresh64

KnuklDragr
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 26, 2022
    AA County
    Anyone with a mid August acceptance get NICS yet?

Have 8 Aug acceptance date and nothing since. My guess after reading all the information here is that early Aug acceptance dates will see NICS within 14 days or so with approvals mid October.
    We've waited this long so what's another month or so right

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom