• AbolishTheNFA

Mar 12, 2024
    Frederick
    ???

State background check? For what?

You should still be able to complete your application

Have you the finger print info?

Good luck
    The CJIS background check was completed, and I called to verify there were no problems found.
    I did submit all the information just now but the fingerprints were taken back in October 2022

AbolishTheNFA

Mar 12, 2024
    Frederick
    A quick google search returns this
    “If you submit your application after 30 days of being livescan fingerprinted - MSP may tell you things such as "we don't have you in our system", "your livescans are messed up"

" "we did not

recieve your fingerprints", ect. What that means is you must call CJIS and request that they redisseminate the results to MSP. Jun 21, 2023”
    Hopefully it can be cleared up with a phone call possibly have already been done?

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    So I just submitted an application from an October 11 2022 class from IOTA for a handgun permit due to the fact that they did not give me clear instructions for filling out the form.
    Not their job.
    What are the chances I just wasted the application money?
    ZERO.
    My state background check was completed a few months after the class.
    No. Nobody did a background check- you only received a copy of the fingerprint results from CJIS.

I was left with the impression that they would also have been submitting my photo, fingerprints, and training certification.

YOU are the only person who can apply for your permit.

YOU need to follow these instructions.

Submitting the Application
    Applications for Wear and Carry Permits can only be submitted online via the Maryland State Police Licensing Portal. Applications can be started at any time but may be submitted only after all requirements are fulfilled and the application is complete. All applicants must have a valid email address, as the State Police do not accept paper applications. Here are the steps:

• As outlined in the Training section, complete the training or prepare proof of training exemption (scanned copies of documents in filetypes .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .doc, and .docx)
    • Acquire LiveScan fingerprinting for a Wear and Carry Permit (AKA Handgun Permit) Application - Prints for other purposes (i.e., HQL) are not accepted
      Fingerprints are valid for one year after they're taken
      From MSP's Fingerprinting Page:
      Wear and Carry:
      Below is the information that you should provide to the LiveScan technician for fingerprinting:
      Agency Authorization Number: 9400082484
      Agency ORI Number: MDMSP6000
      Reason Fingerprinted: MD Public Safety Article, Section 5-305
    • Make an account on the State Police's Licensing Portal
    • Tab over to "HGP Applications" and select the green "START NEW HGP APPLICATION" button

1710803676935.png

AbolishTheNFA

Mar 12, 2024
    Frederick
    Not their job.

ZERO.

No. Nobody did a background check- you only received a copy of the fingerprint results from CJIS.

YOU are the only person who can apply for your permit.

YOU need to follow these instructions.

Submitting the Application
    Applications for Wear and Carry Permits can only be submitted online via the Maryland State Police Licensing Portal. Applications can be started at any time but may be submitted only after all requirements are fulfilled and the application is complete. All applicants must have a valid email address, as the State Police do not accept paper applications. Here are the steps:

• As outlined in the Training section, complete the training or prepare proof of training exemption (scanned copies of documents in filetypes .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .doc, and .docx)
    • Acquire LiveScan fingerprinting for a Wear and Carry Permit (AKA Handgun Permit) Application - Prints for other purposes (i.e., HQL) are not accepted
      Fingerprints are valid for one year after they're taken
      From MSP's Fingerprinting Page:
      Wear and Carry:
      Below is the information that you should provide to the LiveScan technician for fingerprinting:
      Agency Authorization Number: 9400082484
      Agency ORI Number: MDMSP6000
      Reason Fingerprinted: MD Public Safety Article, Section 5-305
    • Make an account on the State Police's Licensing Portal
    • Tab over to "HGP Applications" and select the green "START NEW HGP APPLICATION" button

View attachment 460995

As of today all of that is completed.

While it may not have been their job, I certainly received a different level of service than most of the other clientele. I’m just going to leave it at that. You’re right though. It’s on me to navigate this purposefully convoluted system that is designed to chill our ability to use our constitutional rights.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    As of today all of that is completed.

While it may not have been their job, I certainly received a different level of service than most of the other clientele. I’m just going to leave it at that. You’re right though. It’s on me to navigate this purposefully convoluted system that is designed to chill our ability to use our constitutional rights.
    Very cryptic

Are you black, in a class of whites, or vice versa? Handicapped? A fat, ugly Jew like me?

Seems illogical you would be singled out to be snubbed

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    For 3 months the application you started basically sat mostly completed but not submitted?

Human beings are not good at communication but at least in that timeframe you ever thought to call or email the instructor?

“Hey, sorry I missed this part, do you upload the training documents on your end or do I do it because I see a spot in the application for it?”

Literally 45 seconds or so of a phone conversation or email

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    So I just submitted an application from an October 11 2022 class from IOTA for a handgun permit due to the fact that they did not give me clear instructions for filling out the form. It was the end of the day and the class had run over time. They did not tell me I had to upload my documents myself while they had each and every other person do theirs during the class. What are the chances I just wasted the application money? My state background check was completed a few months after the class. I was left with the impression that they would also have been submitting my photo, fingerprints, and training certification. At the time my wife was pregnant and then had to learn to live with a newborn leaving me with little free time to check up on this.

IOTA sucks. They had computers there to start the application. They took pictures to be used for the application and said they would email them. After waiting a week and contacting them to no avail, I took my own picture, uploaded my documents and sent my application. It’s not that hard to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    My HGP was issued on 11-2-22 and it expires on 10-31-25, my bday is 10-16 so is my expiration date wrong or did I just lucked out.
    The initial Handgun Permit expires on the last day of the holder's birth month following two (2) years after the date the permit is issued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom