• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    Haha, good eye that is my giant tub of muscle milk. Honey pig is a dangerous place, I can't stop eating when I'm there. The parents of one of my good friends are the owners of the chain, they are super rich now that there are like 4 of them. We call him the prince of honey pig, I was at his wedding like 3 weeks ago and we all were hoping they would have burners at all the tables but we were let down. The prince of honey pig is also an US Army vet by the way, almost all my guy Korean friends I graduated high school with went either Army or Marines.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    We need you to hook us up with discounts at the honeypig. It is rumored that korean bbq enhances marksmanship.

Hee been and Il Me are also good places to eat at.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    We should meet up at the NRA range, shoot some GROCKS and hit the Honeypig Korean BBQ place afterwards. Nothing beats the smell of gunpowder and roasting meat at the same time. Its a guy thing.

I'm totally down for this.

gridybrah

May 12, 2013
    Cabbage, its funny how many of my non Korean friends I have converted to kimchi fiends. Almost everyone I have ever deployed with has come back with kimchi fever, when your stuck eating MREs for months then kimchi jigae is gold. Part of my SHTF supplies are cases of canned and dehydrated kimchi, canned tastes better but dehydrated is lighter and stores longer. To make it right it is a pretty labor intensive process so I have gotten more selective on who I give it to.

a family friend who is caucasian brought kilos upon kilos of dehydrated kimchi and bulgogi to iraq and sold it to his squad members at inflated prices. it amazes me the downright obsession that non Asians show for kimchi when they "convert" to the fermented cabbage.

i never, ever, EVER eat fresh made kimchi.. i only eat kimchi that is extremely fermented.

SungJunKim

R.I.P.
    Dec 25, 2009
    Alright...

Which do you prefer?
    A) Soy Sauce
    B) Fish Sauce
    C) Wasabe
    D) i like extra MSG
    E) all of the above

Careful of your answer Daniel-son

F) BAgoong
    g) curry
    H) tabasco, texas pete etc.
    Why was Sriracha not included?

ToneGrail

MSI, NRA, & SAF Member
    Dec 18, 2008
    Towson, People's Republik of MD
    Korean by birth. 100% American flag waving patriot by choice.

I'd definitely be down for an Asian shooters meet up. (Of course our round eye friends should be welcome to attend too.)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    The UMD Rifle & Pistol Club is full of Asians. Someone once came up to my table and said "man, I thought this club would be run by rednecks."

pakman916

Apr 23, 2011
    MoCo, MD
    Starting to notice an interesting trend here...lots of ethnic Korean shooters. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :)

Funny story about kimchee, at one of my old jobs, there was a huge jar of kimchee in the break room fridge. It sat there for months...slowly dwindling down. One late evening, I was walking by one of the offices and I could smell the potent odor of months old kimchee jar being opened up. I poked my head into the office to investigate. There was a guy eating the kimchee out of the jar. I say, "You must like kimchee." To which he answered, "Yeah...I love this stuff. Especially when it's really fermented." I say, "How long have you had it in there?" I may be exaggerating a little, but it was more than 4 months...maybe 6.

I don't even think Koreans eat kimchee that is THAT old. Only in stew. I didn't want to ruin it for him, so I left him with his stinky jar.

Also, speaking of Honey Pig, if you are not Korean, make sure to take a Korean buddy with you to Honey Pig. You haven't fully enjoyed Honey Pig until you've experienced it Korean style. For those of you in MoCo, Iron Age in Rockville is a good substitute...all you can eat baby!

SungJunKim

R.I.P.
    Dec 25, 2009
    Starting to notice an interesting trend here...lots of ethnic Korean shooters. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. :)

Funny story about kimchee, at one of my old jobs, there was a huge jar of kimchee in the break room fridge. It sat there for months...slowly dwindling down. One late evening, I was walking by one of the offices and I could smell the potent odor of months old kimchee jar being opened up. I poked my head into the office to investigate. There was a guy eating the kimchee out of the jar. I say, "You must like kimchee." To which he answered, "Yeah...I love this stuff. Especially when it's really fermented." I say, "How long have you had it in there?" I may be exaggerating a little, but it was more than 4 months...maybe 6.

I don't even think Koreans eat kimchee that is THAT old. Only in stew. I didn't want to ruin it for him, so I left him with his stinky jar.

Also, speaking of Honey Pig, if you are not Korean, make sure to take a Korean buddy with you to Honey Pig. You haven't fully enjoyed Honey Pig until you've experienced it Korean style. For those of you in MoCo, Iron Age in Rockville is a good substitute...all you can eat baby!
    I wish more Koreans would understand and go shoot. Koreans and firearms have a strong history, I just wish Daewoo chose a better magazine to copy because I'm getting tired of paying $50-70 for DP-51 mags......

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    All this talk about Honey Pig and I ended up going to the Ellicott City one with my buddies tonight. Going with the owners son means you get excellent service and a steady stream of meats coming at your table.

IMG_20130604_201602_zps144b5e64.jpg

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    I'm Asian American.

Come out and shoot in some competitions with me.

I shoot at Anne Arundel Fish and Game (IDPA and soon USPSA), York IWLA (fun shoots and multi gun), West Shore Sportsmen's Association (IDPA), New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club (Practical Rifle [they have IDPA and precisions comps too]), Oley Valley Fish and Game (Practical Rifle), Peacemaker National Training Center (IDPA and USPSA) and Loch Raven Skeet and Trap Center (mostly skeet).

Hope to try Practical Rifle at Langhorne Rod and Gun Club too.

Loads of fun and better than shooting in a square range. Don't worry about sucking because I do too! Have not tried 3 gun yet, but hope to someday when I get some shotgun caddies and dummy rounds to practice. Until then, it's pistol and carbine competitions as well as skeet.

Contact me if you ever want to squad together.

im down

gridybrah

May 12, 2013

i ONLY eat kimchi that old.

gridybrah

May 12, 2013
    Not me...I like the crunch. Anything really old goes straight into the pot with some spam and tofu...sometimes some ramen noodle.

i seem to be the only one who enjoys the old stuff. love it in a stew as well. dont forget to throw in the pork!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom