• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    I'm Asian American.

Come out and shoot in some competitions with me.

I shoot at Anne Arundel Fish and Game (IDPA and soon USPSA), York IWLA (fun shoots and multi gun), West Shore Sportsmen's Association (IDPA), New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club (Practical Rifle [they have IDPA and precisions comps too]), Oley Valley Fish and Game (Practical Rifle), Peacemaker National Training Center (IDPA and USPSA) and Loch Raven Skeet and Trap Center (mostly skeet).

Hope to try Practical Rifle at Langhorne Rod and Gun Club too.

Loads of fun and better than shooting in a square range. Don't worry about sucking because I do too! Have not tried 3 gun yet, but hope to someday when I get some shotgun caddies and dummy rounds to practice. Until then, it's pistol and carbine competitions as well as skeet.

Contact me if you ever want to squad together.

SungJunKim

R.I.P.
    Dec 25, 2009
    I respect your feelings regarding maintenance of your Korean cultural identity and personal individuality. I responded to your post because this issue is one of great personal interest. You are partially right, we are Americans. But, there are two types those who understand that citizenship is a privilege and those who think its a right, which it is not.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Alright...

Which do you prefer?
    A) Soy Sauce
    B) Fish Sauce
    C) Wasabe
    D) i like extra MSG
    E) all of the above

Careful of your answer Daniel-son

F) BAgoong
    g) curry
    H) tabasco, texas pete etc.

onatsky

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2010
    Parkville MD
    Beer time !!! :beer:

Attachments

• smb.jpg
      smb.jpg
      68.4 KB · Views: 161

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Alright...

Which do you prefer?
    A) Soy Sauce
    B) Fish Sauce
    C) Wasabe
    D) i like extra MSG
    E) all of the above

F) BAgoong
    g) curry

All.. add. Kimchi, dillis, tuyo. Oh.. banana ketchup. :)

Big Moose

Apr 9, 2013
    Severn, MD
    Alright...

Which do you prefer?
    A) Soy Sauce
    B) Fish Sauce
    C) Wasabe
    D) i like extra MSG
    E) all of the above

F) BAgoong
    g) curry

Seriously, where's the kimchi love? I eat eat that sh*t with everything. Kimchi on eggs. Kimchi on chili. Kimchi on burgers. Kimchi straight out the jar.

Oh and I never understood why MSG is an asian thing. People freak out if asian food has MSG but then they eat KFC or Chick-fil-a and wonder why the chicken tastes so good. (Hint: it's because of the MSG) :innocent0

Last edited:

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    Speak of the devil, I am making some kimchi right now. I eat it by the pound so it only makes it worth while to make like 50 pounds at a time.

kimchi_zps47cb1d9e.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

commiezapr

May 13, 2013
    Bethesda
    Another Asian here. I've only owned guns for home defense but decided to start on an AR-15 build after hearing about SB281. Hopefully once that is built I will be able to participate in some events :D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Speak of the devil, I am making some kimchi right now. I eat it by the pound so it only makes it worth while to make like 50 pounds at a time.

eCTT98

My coworker does the same. Need to bug her again for a jar of kimchi. Lol

D3V1L

Dec 26, 2012
    Elkridge
    I'm Asian and most of the shooters I know are Asian as well mostly because there relatives, except for some of my in laws who aren't Asian but also shoot. Dad was in the service and we grew up in Ohio spending the weekends shooting.

Big Moose

Apr 9, 2013
    Severn, MD

Ah... Cabbage. I love me some fresh kimchi when it still has a nice crisp crunch and spicy/salty taste.

I wish I eat kimchi at work but I can't think of a quicker way to piss off your coworkers.

Ender

Jan 9, 2011
    Cabbage, its funny how many of my non Korean friends I have converted to kimchi fiends. Almost everyone I have ever deployed with has come back with kimchi fever, when your stuck eating MREs for months then kimchi jigae is gold. Part of my SHTF supplies are cases of canned and dehydrated kimchi, canned tastes better but dehydrated is lighter and stores longer. To make it right it is a pretty labor intensive process so I have gotten more selective on who I give it to.

Maverick1309

May 30, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    American with a hint of Asian for flavor here...I've always been a gun nut, went shooting with the Grandpa as a kid and Dad was a Marine. In the Marines I dragged an M4 through the sand for more time than I could keep track of, now I have a pistol but miss the rifle so I'm thinking about starting an AR build soon.

Big Moose

Apr 9, 2013
    Severn, MD
    Cabbage, its funny how many of my non Korean friends I have converted to kimchi fiends. Almost everyone I have ever deployed with has come back with kimchi fever, when your stuck eating MREs for months then kimchi jigae is gold. Part of my SHTF supplies are cases of canned and dehydrated kimchi, canned tastes better but dehydrated is lighter and stores longer. To make it right it is a pretty labor intensive process so I have gotten more selective on who I give it to.

One of my Navy roommates became so hooked on kimchi, I would come home to find him squatting down in front of the fridge eating my kimchi straight out the jar. :D

On a different note, is that a jug of protein powder in the upper right corner of the picture?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    We should meet up at the NRA range, shoot some GROCKS and hit the Honeypig Korean BBQ place afterwards. Nothing beats the smell of gunpowder and roasting meat at the same time. Its a guy thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom