• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gridybrah

May 12, 2013
    just wondering.. it seems like Asian Americans fit into several categories of stereotypes and anti gun seems to be one of many... are there any Asian gun owners on MD shooters? (Koreans, Chinese, Indian, etc.. doesnt matter)

i am Korean, in case anyone is wondering... and i suck at math :D

i am used to battling stereotypes, and this one is no exception.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Asian Americans tend to gravitate towards Firearms even more than Caucasian Americans.

Im sure there are lots here but may not want to identify. About 1/10 of my Gunsmithing customers are Asian.

They usually represent the Gun Community VERY well IMHO, much better then Black or Whites do.

gridybrah

May 12, 2013
    Asian Americans tend to gravitate towards Firearms even more than Caucasian Americans.

Im sure there are lots here but may not want to identify. About 1/10 of my Gunsmithing customers are Asian.

They usually represent the Gun Community VERY well IMHO, much better then Black or Whites do.

that is good to hear. i know a lot of our church community has armed their businesses, especially those doing business in baltimore.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    This is interesting. I have noticed since the beginning of the year almost every time I go into a gun shop there is an Asian in there buying something and usually something good. It really made me wonder if they knew something I didn't.

gridybrah

May 12, 2013
    This is interesting. I have noticed since the beginning of the year almost every time I go into a gun shop there is an Asian in there buying something and usually something good. It really made me wonder if they knew something I didn't.

what are they buying?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    what are they buying?

AR's & Sigs

Reminded me of this:
    522366991c69d67bc63ad05bbb85d03bec256614_r.jpg

lariotsk1_G_20120502042417.jpg

koreangrocer.jpg

I gotta tell you though that the tin foil side of me was wondering about the North Koreans blowing their horn and wondering if Korean Americans felt the threat was more serious than the nightly news lets on.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I am Korean-american, and here is my thing on asians and guns in my life. Yes, I am a store owner, but decided to do it after graduating from UMD. I have a CCW permit, and had it before guns were in the national spotlight. Asian people usually arent too fond of guns because they are properly never introduce to it. only reason I got into guns was because of my business. If I worked for the govt or as a consultant, i probably never thought of having a gun. Just would never be introduced to it.

I reload my loads, because I have kids,( saves money), belong to a gun club, built my first ar, before ct shooting, obessed with 1911s, overhauled my ria with all C&S parts, and will be doing a caspian build soon, and saving to get a EB. I even make my own splatter target, and cast bullets, because I once put a post on my wall of my store for WW, and this guy brings me like 30lb of it every two to three weeks. so asians can be typical gun owners too, who loves everything firearms, but just dont have nobody to share with like others do on this forum.....but yeah, usually at the gun club i belong to, I get that stare once or twice, but I look like the typical asian who really dont care about guns. designer jeans, shell head addias, and yes its got leon strips, polo shirt, and gel ed hair. Never know that young looking asian gun at the bank in front of you might just have a ccw permit on him....

gridybrah

May 12, 2013
    pbharvey, definitely true. the LA riots is a great example why law abiding citizens should be armed. on the topic of north korea, i know that the motherland (republic of korea) went on about their daily lives. the thing is, the DPRK makes these threats on a daily basis that nobody really believes them. the military was on alert, but it was business as usual.

pleasant, we are business owners as well, and have contemplated file for a CCW permit, but the headaches associated with the process makes it less than appealing. i always wanted guns, but it became a real priority after omalley's BS gun law passed.

good to see there are Asians in the gun community. makes me feel welcomed lol

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    meeee

I own guns to compensate... ckeary.

oh another note.. I serve MY country.. the United States of America.... I am an American.

see above.

:rockon:

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    well spoken pleasant1911. i have many friends who are Korean and it was funny because as i read your post, i could hear the broken English while reading. by chance, did you or any of your Korean friends (any friends for that matter) participate in the rallies during this last session and the passing (yea, sure) of the new gun laws? i ask because i didn't see too many 'minority' faces in the crowds. oh, and welcome aboard.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    There was no BS when I got my permit. Yes it did take three months, and I had to call over and over again to see what was going on, but when they called me and called my referrals, and went in for the interview, it was a pleasant thing. I did get worried because I do not have the cleanest record, but I was truthful, of all my legal affairs, because they have all the police record, and court records, in front of me.... then couple weeks later, it just comes through the mail...They were not Aholes like you read sometime on the internet. They(MSP) did a very good job in my view. get one if you have a business.

what do you mean " ...i always wanted guns..." go get some. better do it before the Dooms Day!!!or its going to be a real headache....me just broke can not afford no more.

gridybrah

May 12, 2013
    There was no BS when I got my permit. Yes it did take three months, and I had to call over and over again to see what was going on, but when they called me and called my referrals, and went in for the interview, it was a pleasant thing. I did get worried because I do not have the cleanest record, but I was truthful, of all my legal affairs, because they have all the police record, and court records, in front of me.... then couple weeks later, it just comes through the mail...They were not Aholes like you read sometime on the internet. They(MSP) did a very good job in my view. get one if you have a business.

what do you mean " ...i always wanted guns..." go get some. better do it before the Dooms Day!!!or its going to be a real headache....me just broke can not afford no more.

picking up my first firearm monday afternoon :rockon::rockon:

my only concern for the CCW being denied is that our business is located in an office complex in towson... the way i see it, i dont think MSP would allow me to have a CCW permit when the only "danger" i am exposed to is going to restaurant depot on saturdays..

Ultimate Member
    just wondering.. it seems like Asian Americans fit into several categories of stereotypes and anti gun seems to be one of many... are there any Asian gun owners on MD shooters? (Koreans, Chinese, Indian, etc.. doesnt matter)

i am Korean, in case anyone is wondering... and i suck at math :D

i am used to battling stereotypes, and this one is no exception.

there should be a good %. I always see them in gun shops and I've seen a few at MDS shoots in the past.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    That's right. We will never come together as a nation if we continue to hyphenate-American.

Spot on.

I am foreign by birth, but AMERICAN by choice.

I gravitated towards the Second Amendment because IMO, legal ownership of a firearm is tangible proof of freedom.

I know firsthand how it feels to not be free. Been there, done that, and i'll be damned if i sit idle watching our Freedom , my country- America ,get assaulted.

I am a citizen of The United States of America.. I have no other allegiances to any other Nation.Where im originally from is irrelevant, what matters is what i am right now. I am an American. I am free and own enough tangible proof of that in ordnance steel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom