• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Are thes reviews (informal/formal), by chance, open to the public? I wasn't able to attend the Annapolis hearings due to work travel and my mother's cancer surgery, but I'm up for providing moral support.
    ---
    Shamr0ck

My guess is they are between individual applicants and those who decide their fate.

NoRumint

Mar 2, 2013
    Crownsville
    Got mine over the weekend. CLock ticking. I plan for the following....

Dear MSP,
    Your recent letter (copy included) did not make clear whether the process of an informal/formal review was an either/or proposition. Therefore, I am requesting both by sending this “request in writing” and “Informal Review Request” to both addresses.

Although I’m not against an informal review, I would not want it to supplant the formal review, and should you continue to disapprove my application following the informal review, I’m assuming the formal would be the next appropriate step. If I am incorrect in this assumption, then I hereby formally direct you to ignore the request for the informal review and directly move to the formal.

Thank you for your attention and I look forward to hearing from you.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Did not offer any so-called "Good and Substantial" reason. The 2cd Amendment is all I choose to offer. So far been informed I had a month to provide but that has come and gone. No formal rejection yet.

NoRumint

Mar 2, 2013
    Crownsville
    NOTE: On the Informal Request Form, they have listed the wrong zip code. The letterhead on my letter has the Pikeville address and zip, 21208, but the Informal Request form has 21286, which is the Joppa Road, Baltimore zip code, used for the formal in writing request.

If you are requesting the informal review, your form will likely be slowed down if you you use the wrong zip..

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I am really not sure what to make of this at this point. Some people got them starting on Friday, and here it is on Tuesday.. Mail arrived, and still not here. Knock on wood, maybe i got approved?

Lol.. Then I woke up.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I am really not sure what to make of this at this point. Some people got them starting on Friday, and here it is on Tuesday.. Mail arrived, and still not here. Knock on wood, maybe i got approved?

Lol.. Then I woke up.

LOL!!

Nothing today, so I'm trying to hold off on that thought until after Saturday.

I'm guessing they actually "work" on Wed. and Thu., and mail them out then.

Last edited:

Watdahec

Flipside
    Oct 31, 2012
    Glen burnie
    ? Manager of a business that handles deposits on a daily basis for my employer in xxxxx amount of dollars. Got my employer to give me a letter of recommendation for applying for a permit. Is this a good enough G&S reason? Or should i not even bother applying?

MDcompetition

Anti-poacher
    MDS Supporter
    May 8, 2013
    Baltimore, MD.
    Maryland is one of the toughest states to get a CCW permit. And, even if you are approved the litany of restrictions of when and where you can carry is prohibitive to say the least. Good luck.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Which is the correct address to send a formal review request to the Maryland Handgun Review Board?

Is it "300 E. Joppa Road, Suite 1000, Balitmore, MD 21286" or "6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 310, Baltimore, MD 21215 - 2341"?

The Reistertown Rd address is from http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/22dpscs/html/22agen.html

I sent my request to the address on the denial letter, that is, 1111 Reisterstown Rd., Pikesville, MD, 21208. The letter didn't list any other address for formal review.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    The MSP letter states permits were disapproved based on the criteria set forth in Title 5-306.

As far as I can tell, 5-306 says that "based on an investigation...has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger."

I know there's language somewhere that refers to a requirement that an attack, etc must be documented and ongoing.

Will someone please point me to that information?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom