• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I am so thankful that MD approves "Most" of it's handgun license requests... LMAO.

What a mess... This sucks... Same shit, different day. The state wants to control you, and only can because you follow the rules... Be like any common thug in Baltimore, and you can conceal carry anytime you want... why, because the rules don't matter to criminals.

So what is stopping you from just carrying? The consequences, law abiding citizens actually have something to lose... but is it more important than their lives or their freedom?

M

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Welp... Got a letter from MDSP today...

Felt the envelope and there was something plastic inside...

Got my permit!

Restrictions: "Valid only between residence (my office) or while actively involved in financial business tractions as a Physician for same."

Sounds like it's only good to/from my office or when making deposits. The fact that I'm on call 24/7 (I'm in solo practice) or that I prescribe controlled drugs and always have an Rx pad with me matters not?

Yay?

Do I ask for clarification, or possibly appeal for less less restrictions?

Talk about a hollow victory...

Jamie

Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There

Got my permit!

Restrictions: "Valid only between residence (my office) or while actively involved in financial business tractions as a Physician for same."

Sounds like it's only good to/from my office or when making deposits. The fact that I'm on call 24/7 (I'm in solo practice) or that I prescribe controlled drugs and always have an Rx pad with me matters not?

Yay?

Jamie

Jamie, I got mine yesterday. My restriction states the exact same thing. My question is as a contractor my job site moves weekly sometimes daily so can I carry to any job site or at night when I am out giving estimates to customers

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

I took the quoted post as just a humorous stab at the current example of the arbitrary and capricious nature of the MSP G&S standards (IOW - why have only a handful of us received denials while others are still in the "no current action" pile).

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    Is everyone receiving their disapproved and or appeal notices from the same trooper ?? ( Trooper K*****)

If so, be careful with him. I had an awful experience with him. Not sure what his problem was, but he did answer emails, phone calls ....The one time I did get him on the phone, he was very dismissive and couldnt wait to get off the phone. I was nothing but polite and professional and he would not answer my questions regarding "former police" .....told me my training was worthless, and i needed 5 years of experience. He then told me that he was busy and didnt have time for my questions. ( he seem to have some chip on his shoulder)
    After several follow up calls and emails, in which he did not respond, i called the LT of the permit group , in which he had to apologize for his troopers behavior, stating in so many words, that this was not the first time. However, the LT said that I had 5 years separation of service, and what had changed ?? So i told him that i had been in Afraqistan and could not apply. He mumbled something about '' nothing changing", and refused to answer why they have the former police officer section on the application if they think everyone is worthless.

Trooper K**** is also the guy that got fed up with my questions and told me to file a freedom of information act, because he was not gonna answer anything about the criteria when looking at applications.

Ok im starting to get sweaty and angry just thinking about this interview at the barracks ...so im gonna stop. ha

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I took the quoted post as just a humorous stab at the current example of the arbitrary and capricious nature of the MSP G&S standards (IOW - why have only a handful of us received denials while others are still in the "no current action" pile).

Why only a handful have received denials has my curiousity as well. Pumped some out, then seemed to have stopped. Puzzled!

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Why only a handful have received denials has my curiousity as well. Pumped some out, then seemed to have stopped. Puzzled!

The MSP has stated that they have lumped the applications into three piles.

The applicants that they felt have no G&S at all, got the request for more info.

Wilda

Jan 21, 2013
    Westminster

Got my permit!

Yay?

Jamie

I wouldn't appeal for fewer restrictions if you can justify that you are "always working." I'm submitting my permit tomorrow since I am a partially disabled business owner. I would like for it to say that I can only carry my firearm when I'm going to or from the bank or when I am carrying over $1000 dollars. I will write myself a deposit slip every day and take my gun everywhere with $1000 in my wallet. Sounds silly, but at that point, anyone who tries to take my $1000 is going to leave with more orifices than they started with.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Posting "what I'll do to skirt their restriction" is why they have reworded them. The old "while carrying business currency" will never be seen again due to these posts. Loose lips........

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    If one doesn't submit additional sufficient "G&S" information, based on the MSP standards, is it possible for the Handgun Permit Review Board to just say, "Sorry, you are not warranted a hearing?"

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I am not sure why anyone is excited about getting a resticted permit? Its a shallow win if at best. They seem to give those out just to silence people and say they actually issue them. I would pass on a restricted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom