• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Godspeed sir. You'll need help from the almighty on this one.

And the winner is........ME!!!!!

It will get processed and mailed out this week and be in hand next week.

It will have restrictions, but since I do business around the state and what I carry for products could be stolen and used to impersonate LEOs, it would appear that my restriction will include when carry products and tools.

I will know when I get my CCW.

charlesmd

Mar 8, 2012
    What do you guys think the dress code should be for the informal hearing? I know the HGRB I will wear a suit.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Im sorry, a restricted permit is NOT a win.

I'm sorry, you're wrong. It at least kept him from being denied outright and loosing his money and acts as a placeholder until Woollard or some other case goes to SCOTUS. But if you think having no permit and having your application sitting in a pile is better, then more power to you.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

It will have restrictions, but since I do business around the state and what I carry for products could be stolen and used to impersonate LEOs, it would appear that my restriction will include when carry products and tools.

Are you hiring?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Im sorry, a restricted permit is NOT a win.

Right now, I'll take what I can get and consider it a win. At least it wasn't a $75 donation to MSP like some.

If the CPL that I and others have dealt with could, he would hand them out unrestricted to everyone that applied.

His first words after I gave him my paperwork was, "I know this isn't how you wanted to get it, but at least we are getting you on."

I asked him about the court case and the request for Cert. He related that they (the LD) asked if they could continue to hold the applications. The answer from on high was "no." When I asked what do you mean from on high, his reply was Annapolis. So this decision apparently didn't come from the Superintendent, but from above him.

As for those that have an Informal review lined up, CPL Knaub is really nice, seems to be a "gun guy", and appears to be in our corner. Do not take any of your frustrations out on him if it doesn't go the way you want, just ask politely for a denial letter so you can move on to the next step (HGRB).

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Well played sir. Congrats. Jealous as hell too.

:thumbsup:

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    A friend of mine had his hearing today also after 8 months of people loosing all his records. And he won big time, he will have his next week unrestricted. He was going to give up but people just kept saying stay at it, so he did and it payed off.

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Yes, I'm going to talk to him later. Ask him to join the forum, and explain what he went through. I don't want to explain his story. It was alot of crap he had to produce multiple times as it was lost. Thank god he had copies.

MDPrinter

Jan 4, 2012
    Had my hearing today. The Corporal was very nice to talk to. He understood the pretense on which I applied (being one of the 365) and politely explained that MD is back to business as usual. He asked if I could provide any additional info to help my case. I offered up my rental property which is in a not so great part of town. He asked me to provide him with some extra documentation and gave me the impression that I might receive a restricted permit.

I sent him everything earlier this evening. Now its wait and see.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    This thread is proof positive that the system relies on the whim of those in whose hands our fate rests. Judge Legg had it exactly right!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom